Assaultcube 2: cube 2
(29 May 11, 02:08PM)macm Wrote: So... why are you against assaultcube special edition? :D

Primarily because the developer of that mod doesn't give a shit about licenses and steals anything he likes.
Thanks given by:
I agree with tempest.
And I must add: the guy behind the "special edition" is a known cheater/hacker/troublemaker.

One thing is forking a project and put some real effort in creating something new and stable, respecting other people's work. Other thing is just adding some few lines of "hack" in an established project, and say you are creating something new.

Thanks given by:
Just to end the off topic:
The guy behind it is putting a lot of time and effort in his mod, TBH i really like what he changed so far, it's all what everyone wants in ac, without ruining the whole game.
I know very little about licences, just thought if its not meant for comercial purposes you can use it...
[/off topic]

@ Sabertooth, i like the models, not the weapon :P
Thanks given by:
Hey my friend, I am a graphical designer, and I think I am available to help you out with this project. Please tell me some contact info so that we arrange some things and get this project going. I am looking forward to seeing this out of the paper, so I will be here, waiting for your answer. Please contact me, maybe create an IRC channel or something like that ;)
Cya in there.
Thanks given by:
Haven't got around to making an IRC channel yet, but I am in the assaultcube IRC if you need me. I'll also be on this thread alot as well .

@brahma : are you reffering to me ? ://
@ Cemer . Yeah any help would be nice, especially with modelling. That takes the most time and effort. I want it to be as realistic as possible, and to show off the engine as well , like AC.

And yeah the gun doesn't suit in with the theme? It's not my gun :) just had it there temporarily to show you guys something as to what it would sorta look like until I make my own hudguns or someone makes it for me.
Reskinning of the existing models would be nice too * I'd like to use the existing AC models in my project, just need to ask for use of them. Most of them are already available for use for non-commercial projects, just a few need "explicit permission"
Thanks given by:
Sabertooth, can you lift the map restrictions? the crazy maps we used to have are what made the game so special
Thanks given by:
There are no map restrictions :) The restrictions are set by the masterserver, not the game itself.. I'm not sure on how to start up a MS but I'm sure I'll figure it out sometime
Thanks given by:
LOVE IT! I hope you finish it. The things I'm hoping for in this is realistic gameplay of assault cube but the graphics of sauerbraten. These things combined would be fking awesome!!!
Thanks given by:
@ Sabertooth

No.
Thanks given by:
Oh ok :)

Anywaay added some more pics....

[Image: toilet.jpg]

DUDE!! IM ON THE TOILET!!!

[Image: bunk.jpg]

first you peep at my roommate and now you wanna crash in my bunk? IMMA SHOOT YOUR AZZZ
Thanks given by:
AC is not AC without ac_mines ac_desert ac_desert3 ac_shine ac_depot ac_sunset ac_complex and i don't think than a AC-Cube2 map translator exist :)
Someone will be had to get rights (copyrights) and remake this.
Thanks given by:
You're fully entitled to make a Sauerbraten mod using those parts of AC media wich are licensed as such. (CC or similar).

You're not really entitled to do AC2 - this is the dev team's right to either do AssaultBraten themselves or to decide who should officially do it.
Thanks given by:
It's not really AC2, even if you want there to be same models, etc. Just the ability to make multi-story stuff unlocks so many possibilities; all AC maps will be obsolete and that one twintowers map with multistory towers will be a wannabe. Being Cube 2 based, map restrictions would be a heck of a lot different. This a separate game that is not for PIIIs.
Thanks given by:
haha damn. new assault cube looks guuuud
Thanks given by:
Lol I'm gonna learn blender just for this. Brahma, tempest (or any other mod keeping tabs on this thread): How do I post the image on to the forums, without a link?

Cuz then I can show screenies and sketches. :]
Thanks given by:
http://www.bbcode.org/reference.php , look for [img].

Many image hosters already give you ready-to-use BB code to embed your image. But please, remember to use the code for thumbnails if it's available and the image is larger than, say, 640x480. Remember the poor people who have dial-up connections ;)
Thanks given by:
Should I make a website and IRC channel for you? Just make some stuff then give it up to a better designer seeing as my skillz aren't the greatest?
Thanks given by:
(31 May 11, 02:23AM)hamolton Wrote: Should I make a website and IRC channel for you? Just make some stuff then give it up to a better designer seeing as my skillz aren't the greatest?

I liek it like that, hamolton. :D

Ima give sketches for teh ideas. I really like this idea. Period.
Thanks given by:
I can already import maps from Ac, but thing is, I'd have to copy over textures as well cuz of the map cfg files and i was thinking of having new textures with glow and normal maps.
*cube 2 can read cgz files, but they have to be read from a different directory
Thanks given by:
Here's an idea: call it SINACII; SINACII Is Not AssaultCube II
Thanks given by:
Wow, cool thing dude :D
I'm a modeller, so if you want, I could help you with some models, ect.
Or just make some AC models higpoly. Mhm, the Cube 2 engine supports bumpmaps, right? I didn't made one, but I'll try my best, maybe I could send you an example soon :D

So if you need a 3D designer, just write me back :)
Thanks given by:
Hey maybe if you finish it and send it to the devs they can use what you did and no-one would be upset :D
I like it especially the mod shop that would be AWESOME!
Thanks given by:
(31 May 11, 01:51PM)Dementium4ever Wrote: Wow, cool thing dude :D
I'm a modeller, so if you want, I could help you with some models, ect.
Or just make some AC models higpoly. Mhm, the Cube 2 engine supports bumpmaps, right? I didn't made one, but I'll try my best, maybe I could send you an example soon :D

So if you need a 3D designer, just write me back :)

You could help me with my sketches. :D
Thanks given by:
Haha guys that would be awesome :) And I thought I was gunna have to do it alone :) OK, so update so far.

- New pickups, and reskin of some mapmodels, courtesy of primevil :)
- Stats screen
- New HUD from sauerenhanced, which I thought was awesome. Thats only temporary though, cuz I'll start making my own.
- New death animation
- Increased quality of particles ( Set it to 4000)
- More editing options that sauer or AC ever had :) just to make it easier to edit
- skins
- New mapmodels made by me, Jeep and toilet set from akimbo

What I need now:
-Phne booth model for teleport (like doctor who :)))
- HQ Reskin of existing models, or higher poly works fine too, but im satisfied with reskin
- Anyone interested in helping me with map textures and making the normal and glow images for it. I'll be able to teach you how to do it.
- A masterserver
Thanks given by:
- fall damage is 5 at the moment, but can be recovered if you are not shot in the next 3 seconds. :)
Thanks given by:
[Image: Untitled.jpg]

heres the pickups, with new ammo and cartridge. As for the kevlar and helmet, I'm just waiting till we decide names for it , then I can make a skin with a tag on it
Thanks given by:
(01 Jun 11, 12:01AM)Cemer Wrote: You could help me with my sketches. :D

Mhm, for the website?
Thanks given by:
{MRNS}-Rifleman : veeery good !!!
Thanks given by:
thx
Thanks given by:
teleporting is sort of against the ethos of AC (quasi-realism)

real maps don't need a teleporter ;]
Thanks given by: