New Weapon?
Potential problems I see with Flamers:
1.) Flamer may cause cpu lag on slower machines (to render flames and whatnot)
2.) Lots of people on larger servers using them all at once making slow to average computers have a massive fps drops
3.) People using them maliciously to prevent people with slower computers from enjoying and playing AC

Although, I'm certainly no expert in these things, so maybe it could work without slowing down AC, but there's my two cents

As for the burst mode for AR and SMG, it would be cool, but not really necessary, you can do 1 shot bursts by just clicking the mouse rapidly instead of holding it down and multiple shot bursts by clicking rapidly, and holding down breifly :P
Thanks given by:
Well, the actual spray of flame could just be a continuous smoke trail, except it would use a larger flame image. That might be easier than true animated flame.

I think server lag could be solved by limiting the number of people using it in a given game. Maybe 2-4?

As well as the limit to the number of simultaneous users, there could be a limit to how many times it could be used in a game.

Personally, a flamer pwns to badly to be acceptable (as if it was a possibility).

While double- and triple-clicking does work, it would be easier to have the burst function, with either a script or as a built-in weapon feature.

What's an LMG?

Thanks given by:
Moved to off-topic, as I see nothing related to mapping, nor modding.

A general note:

This kind of threads are pretty pointless and repeating a request a million times, won't make things happen faster, in this case. The only considerations about additional weapons I know of is the combat-pistol and anything beyond is not up for discussion at the moment.

Therefore I suggest you don't waste your time on telling what hell-of-a-gun you just saw in this other game and simply stay patient until something will be set up for discussion officially. ;)
Thanks given by:
@ chaotic
LMG = Light Machinegun
Usually has a giant magazine, bad spread, heavy recoil, slow reloading, slow moving speed, but shoots fast and strong. Which usually works well in balancing it in First Person Shooters.
[Image: M60.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I want this. *_*

EDIT: note... Mr.Floppy is absolutely right about this thread.
Thanks given by:
Aug or Famas would be pretty sweet

SO WOULD KILLSTREAKS
Thanks given by:
Call of duty would be sweet
Thanks given by:
(06 Apr 11, 04:04AM)wolfbr Wrote:
(06 Apr 11, 01:49AM)eftertanke Wrote:
(05 Apr 11, 11:21PM)wolfbr Wrote: ***snipped***
formerly, many people hated the idea of the rifle, today, everyone thinks the rifle made ​​the game more fun and diverse
***snipped***

That was one weapon that was completely unique. You're asking for lot's of weapons, some of which aren't.

not exactly, the rifle is basically the sniper, but without head shot or pistol combo.

----
lmg = smg with a lot ot of ammo and more spread.

grenade launcher = primary nades with more range and detonation time.

2x pistol = pistol with more ammo.

flamer = alternative close combat gun.

rocket launcher = it is a new weapon that was completely unique : D.

Wrong

An SMG is a SUb machine gun which fires slower than the speed of sound, a LMG is a support weapon, bigger mag and more firepower
Thanks given by:
(06 Apr 11, 01:36PM)Huntsman Wrote: Aug or Famas would be pretty sweet

SO WOULD KILLSTREAKS
That would go against the fiction-weapons thing AC has going for it =p
Killstreaks would be interesting, but I doubt it will happen :o
especially since most CoD killstreaks involve explosions/helicopters/jets
Thanks given by:
i has a famas as my smg :D
Thanks given by:
suggest many new weapons, but most will not say how it would affect the gameplay, I tried to do this in my previous posts.

combat pistol? in a personal opinion, not wanting to belittle anyone, but I do not see how this weapon could improve the game.

kill in 3 busts? carbine kill in 2 shots, bust fire? shotgun do it and better in close range, semi auto? select AR and have fun.

perhaps would be better as a secondary weapon, like a "ac deagle", 7 shots, kill in 3, or 1 Hs and 1 normal shot, more recoil compared a carbine.

I think it would be more interesting 2x pistol as primary weapon, like western : D.
and add another crazy weapons as power up(like chainsaw- yes, i like doom).

about flame effects, I believe that does not affect much the performance of the game, the sniper releases many particles add does not affect, then it would be something like this, but in short range.
see it:
http://quadropolis.us/node/2177
a good cube mod, the new weapon(plasma gun) have good effects, and it not affect much the fps. : ) (and good blood effects)
Thanks given by:
My subs an M4A1.
XM8 for the AR.
I gots a DEagle.
I don't know what my sniper is, M200 I think (no clue what that is).

Combat trumps double IMO.
There's just something cool about kicking ass with such a small weapon.

Also, LMG looks sick.

Thanks given by:
(06 Apr 11, 07:45PM)SuperSniper Wrote: i has a famas as my smg :D

Not to rain on your parade but a Famas is an assault rifle (AR) ;-)
Thanks given by:
ya i know this, i haz one
Thanks given by:
i just have as my smg because i cant find any ones that i like
Thanks given by:
@ wolf @ Combat Pistol comment
Some players don't like the crazy recoil and such of the full auto weapons. But don't like the slowness of the others.(sniper is bolt action, shotgun is pump action, carbine is...well nothing that should be hindering it but its randomly slow anyways!)

Hence, another weapon = interesting and exciting. and a 3 round burst super pistol would be middle ground for people who have problems with full auto/slow weapons ;O Too bad it isn't coming soon :(
Thanks given by:
The carbine's great IF YOU KNOW WHEN TO USE IT. It absolutely owns a lot of the time, but other times it's completely useless. I've been thinking of writing a guide on using it.
Thanks given by:
What about a simple yet fun, leave all the guns the same untill 1.2??
Thanks given by:
Quote:Some players don't like the crazy recoil and such of the full auto weapons. But don't like the slowness of the others.(sniper is bolt action, shotgun is pump action, carbine is...well nothing that should be hindering it but its randomly slow anyways!)

Hence, another weapon = interesting and exciting. and a 3 round burst super pistol would be middle ground for people who have problems with full auto/slow weapons ;O Too bad it isn't coming soon :(

AC is interesting that each weapon has its pros and cons, it is interesting to try to master the weapons knowing how to use the advantages it.
according to what you said, seems to be a weapon for beginners, who may never be used by veteran players and that would not bring many advantages.
Currently, with the exception of Assault rifle, the weapons do not have much recoil.
recoil in semi-automatic weapons is easy to control(carbine and shotgun), or you can do single shots/busts shots usin AR. SMG is fast and easy to control in close range : ).

we need new weapons with new features, like a lot of ammo(LMG or HMG), kill enemys behind walls(grenade launcher), support in close range(flamer) or easy one hit kill(rocket launcher).

Combat pistol could be interesting, if this weapon had some feature that other weapons do not have.
Thanks given by:
Why not put a 3 burst to full auto button.......
Thanks given by:
The three round burst thing could probably be done with a script. Ask V-Man. He can do anything with CubeScript, even eating his breakfast.
Thanks given by:
XD
V-Man solves all
Thanks given by:
(06 Apr 11, 01:36PM)Huntsman Wrote: Aug or Famas would be pretty sweet
sorry, I haven't seen an AUG anywhere, but I know I have seen famas :P
http://forum.cubers.net/thread-2203.html
Quote:SO WOULD KILLSTREAKS
there are two scripts (to the best of my knowledge) that have a killstreak counter. I realize that you were probably talking about killstreak rewards, but thats not going to happen.
http://forum.cubers.net/thread-1632.html
http://forum.cubers.net/thread-2277.html
Thanks given by:
If you still don't have the flash, it's really easy to do, btw.
Thanks given by:
(07 Apr 11, 08:43PM)StRaTo Wrote: The three round burst thing could probably be done with a script. Ask V-Man. He can do anything with CubeScript, even eating his breakfast.

if so, it should be illegal o.O
It'd make the full auto guns more accessible and easy to control. They are full auto for a reason. and seem designed to make players burst it themselves long range.
Thanks given by:
Why should it be illegal? You can do it easily without the script, it would just be for lazy people.
Thanks given by:
There was a conversation about this earlier StRaTo, I believe it included BullPup, so use this handy feature and find it. These kind of scripts are frowned upon.
Thanks given by:
(07 Apr 11, 10:34PM)StRaTo Wrote: If you still don't have the flash, it's really easy to do, btw.

oh yeah, I forgot that i never fixed that. How do you add tags? I can't seem to find a tutorial.
Thanks given by:
bust fire for AR and smg secundary fire is good for long range, i think : ). or the right mouse button select the fire more(single, bust, full auto), same for pistol(single,bust).
Thanks given by:
^bursting can be done manually so it is kind of pointless...it also gives an advantage to players who wouldn't normally burstfire at long range. It should be a "skill" to learn, though a very simple and easy "skill" It'd be like letting a new player crouch jump with one button push instead of jumping+crouching :p
Plus the Combat Pistol can use it as it's "unique" thing if the other weapons stay away from bursts stuff :D
Thanks given by: