"My Personal Ladder" Stats Script
UPDATE 2010-12-25:

NOTE: The latest English version of the "My Personal Ladder" script is out (v1.0)! Get it HERE! It relies on tools.cfg so be sure to have the latest version of it installed before trying. The Italian (and any other WIP translations out there) version(s) will be updated ASAP by their original creators (or me, if necessary).

What changed:
  • Some aliases were renamed during the update to be less obscure
  • Via extensive use of loop and format, as well as V-Man's various tools within tools.cfg; we were able to shave 492 lines (down to 742 from 1,234) off of the script -> more efficiency/less errors & problems (hopefully no more wicked FPS drops for some!!!)
  • Some stats were added, such as the differentiating between TKTF and KTF flags, whereas the old version (.93) used 1 stat for both
  • More minor efficiency, aesthetic, and misc. fixes

.93 can still be downloaded in this first post. (See below)

So over the course of the last few weeks me and V-Man have been teaming up and writing a stats collecting/calculating/storing/displaying script that not only gathers and displays your current round stats, but also stores all time statistics which accumulate over time. With 1,234 (weird right?!) lines and counting, the script displays over 150 stats, a few of which are:
  • Ratio
  • Headshots
  • Knife Gibs
  • Total Play Time
  • Flag Ratio
  • Jumps
  • Scopes
  • Flags/Frags/Deaths per minute...
  • and more...

Be sure to carefully read the included "README_mpl.txt" file for important installation instructions and other helpful info you will need to know to use the script properly. This file also contains a list of what stats are reported. This script is only compatible with AssaultCube v.1.1.0.4 versions or later.

There are two menus that you can bind to keys of your choice, one of which is the current round stats menu, and the other being the all-time stats menu. These binds act similar to the scoreboard (TAB) in which you must press and hold to view them, and release to close (for easy on-the-fly viewing).

Here is an example of what the (some of the) current round statistics menu looks like:

[Image: statsmenu.jpg]

[Image: usflag.png] DOWNLOAD (EN); v.93
Mirror #1 (US mirror; English version; v.93)
Mirror #2 (UK mirror; English version; v.93)
Mirror #3 (DE mirror; English version; v.93)

[Image: italyflag.png] DOWNLOAD (IT); v.93 - Thanks to Andrez
Mirror #1 (US mirror; Italian version; v.93)
Mirror #2 (UK mirror; Italian version; v.93)
Mirror #3 (DE mirror; Italian version; v.93)

Thanks to Blue_Pr!nt for mirror hosting! :)

See the top of this post if you're looking for the latest version! (v1.0)

Quote:But whats wrong with posting in the scripts thread?
Hopefully we will have lots of feedback about this mega script and we don't want to clutter that thread. We need lots of it if we're going to make it 100% stable and usable by all. :p

Enjoy! :D
Thanks given by:
(01 Dec 10, 12:46PM)Bukz Wrote: * If you are going to distribute modified versions of this work please:
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Let us know!...
I want to translate it into spanish for the Spanish Comunity, what do you think?

Thanks given by:
That is no problem at all, we encourage people to translate into as many languages as possible! :)

Post the end product here and I'll link to them in the OP!
Thanks given by:
Brilliant work! Thanks;).
Thanks given by:
Seems awersome! I look forward to try it out.
Thanks given by:
Everyone please make sure to read the readme!
XD

Especially the "Installation Notes" near the end. We need lots of feedback.
Thanks given by:
I would have some of those stats into voicecom items so they can be displayed whenever a menu isn't open. Otherwise looks pretty nice.
Thanks given by:
Clap, clap, clap, clap

\o/

This is AWESOME!! Working like a charm, me loved it!! Excellent work!
GO V-Bukz TEAM!
Thanks given by:
Sigh, be right back need to change my pants... <3
Thanks given by:
(01 Dec 10, 08:11PM)ShieldyBear Wrote: Sigh, be right back need to change my pants... <3

LETME! LETME!

And great idea Mael! Perhaps a Kills, Deaths, Ratio, Flags Scored per hour or something of the sort;)
Thanks given by:
The awesomeness. :)

PS: I'm following VallDiGna's idea... Italian translation in progress :)
Thanks given by:
Good work !!!!!!
Thanks given by:
Yeah, who needs ladders or clientlog parsers :D
Thanks given by:
Ah at last, been waiting for this. ;D

Thanks V-Man and Bukz!
Thanks given by:
at least there is still hope for the respected people of ac :|
Thanks given by:
This is amazing, Bukz and V-Man :)
Great work.
Thanks given by:
awesome stuff.
Thanks given by:
can't translate it in to estonian xD , cause ac don't have Ä, Ö, Ü, Õ,š, ž,
Thanks given by:
i found it as very good idea, it is more better than all ladders together, there are only you and your stats, you exactly see what you need improve

if devs implements function for exchanging computed one value of your stats, we can see such value in table next score, people will choose if they want to share their stats, there can be servers where will possible to play only with these stats available etc.

+ data are redistributed to all clients, no care about backuping, caring about demos, cheating, hosting and logging, no global admins
- no global statistical data

thumb up guys, very good job
Thanks given by:
Another bonus of the devs assimilating it would be that the possibility of forgetting all-time stats will no longer be an issue...
Thanks given by:
Would be great for the devs to incoperate this into a later release. Perhaps having a function that brings up your ratio & 1 or 2 other stats under your fps or something like "/gamestats 1" Also clients holding the data and it being impossible to reset without reinstalling would be great.
Thanks given by:
Make me Italian! :D
Thanks given by:
Ah heck yeah, baby!
Thanks a million!
Thanks given by:
Added to the OP, thanks again Andrez! ♥
Thanks given by:
Okay, so I put the script in the root folder, and edited autoexec.cfg. The keys are set to O for current, L for all time. The autoexec.cfg file looks like this:

// This file gets executed every time you start AssaultCube.

// This is where you should put any scripts you may have created for AC.

execdir scripts
            bind O [showcurstatsbind]
            bind L [showatstatsbind]

When I hit the O or L key, complains that the command is unknown. Did I do something wrong? I'm using 1.1.04.
Thanks given by:
(07 Dec 10, 06:15AM)SatoshiRaian Wrote: Okay, so I put the script in the root folder...
-snip-

The script ("a_stats.cfg") needs to be in a scripts folder within the root dir. If you extracted the .zip file to the root dir, this should have worked correctly! "execdir scripts" executes any .cfg files inside of the specified folder. Therefore your .cfg file for the script is probably not currently being executed when you launch AC. HTH :)

Thanks given by:
You'll need to put the folder called "scripts" on the AssaultCube root.
You'll need to make sure the config file is in the "scripts" folder.
Then "execdir scripts" will properly execute the stats script.
:D
Thanks given by:
Bukz

U.K Host: http://bcuk.pwnz.org/MPL_Script_v.93.zip
D.E Host: http://bcde.pwnz.org/MPL_Script_v.93.zip
Thanks given by:
<3 BP :D
Thanks a bunch!
Thanks given by:
we will talk soon on irc or something and arrange a way for you to update on my system as a mirror ;-)
Thanks given by: