New Weapon?
Was it about grenade launchers (all you need is a grenade launcher model for your nades) or rocket launchers?
Thanks given by:
rocket launcher is DoomCube
Thanks given by:
Oh noes, not AGAIN a new weapon.

We haven't finished the last weapon balance discuss. Don't start a new one which is necessary when a new weapon will be implemented....
Thanks given by:
Brahma for Prez.
Combat Pistol for VP.
Thanks given by:
Apollo i think the rifle is already fine.. you can see people using it and its a tactical question will it work (best on long range) So it is already fine
Thanks given by:
(21 Mar 11, 06:42PM)V-Man Wrote: Was it about grenade launchers (all you need is a grenade launcher model for your nades)
I would like to see an animation/ model (that is, not gameplay changing, purely aesthetic) grenade launcher someday.
Thanks given by:
I thought I remember seeing one around somewhere.
I even tried it out, but the lack of the pin-pull animation made it difficult to cook nades.

Maybe this is it...?
Thanks given by:
(21 Mar 11, 06:42PM)V-Man Wrote: Was it about grenade launchers (all you need is a grenade launcher model for your nades) or rocket launchers?

I love it...
Thanks given by:
(23 Mar 11, 07:23AM)V-Man Wrote: I thought I remember seeing one around somewhere.
I even tried it out, but the lack of the pin-pull animation made it difficult to cook nades.

Maybe this is it...?

Too bad he never gave the source.

Quote:Nie mogłem nawiązać połączenia z bazą danych.

Or "I could not connect to the database."
Thanks given by:
As far as a practical use for a grenade launcher, there really isn't one.
To be fair, with the small, arcade style maps that AC players favor, an RPG/RL would only result in pissing people off.
It would be to powerful a weapon in my opinion.
Cube had RL's. So does Sauer.
It's just a sniper rifle with a bigger smoke trail and an explosion at the end of it.
In a nutshell.
Three-shot burst on the AR and SMG is a fantastic idea. What key would it be bound to?
What's the difference between the pistol we have now and a combat pistol?

Thanks given by:
(04 Apr 11, 05:04AM)ChaoticToSayTheLeast Wrote: As far as a practical use for a grenade launcher, there really isn't one.
To be fair, with the small, arcade style maps that AC players favor, an RPG/RL would only result in pissing people off.
It would be to powerful a weapon in my opinion.
Cube had RL's. So does Sauer.
It's just a sniper rifle with a bigger smoke trail and an explosion at the end of it.
In a nutshell.

It's just aesthetic. Not an RPG, but a grenade launcher attachment for the AR.

(04 Apr 11, 05:04AM)ChaoticToSayTheLeast Wrote: What's the difference between the pistol we have now and a combat pistol?

The combat pistol has different ammo amounts (I don't remember them of the top of my head), burst-fire capabilities, and is stronger.

EDIT:
(04 Apr 11, 05:04AM)ChaoticToSayTheLeast Wrote: Three-shot burst on the AR and SMG is a fantastic idea. What key would it be bound to?
It would probably be a toggle.
Thanks given by:
(04 Apr 11, 05:12AM)eftertanke Wrote: The combat pistol has different ammo amounts (I don't remember them of the top of my head), burst-fire capabilities, and is stronger.

So in a nutshell, this.

By all means I doubt that is the actual stats if it gets used :P
Thanks given by:
That would actually be awesome.

So more of a primary weapon then a sidearm.

Well, yeah, but which key would toggle it?

Thanks given by:
(04 Apr 11, 05:19AM)ChaoticToSayTheLeast Wrote: Well, yeah, but which key would toggle it?

Probably a little command called "setburst" which would burst instead of attack. You could change the burst.
Thanks given by:
Also, what about tapping Q to switch back and forth?

Thanks given by:
Personally, i would run around kamikazeing everyone that isn't on my team.
Thanks given by:
The combat pistol's burst was bound to altaction, which is bound to mouse2 by default.
Thanks given by:
I think that two pistols would be better than a pistol(the combat pistol), like fear : ).
perhaps it would be interesting, add the pistol as secondary weapon(stronger pistol x rapid pistol, like deagre x glock :D ).

I do not know if a bazooka would be a good idea, maybe with some limitations (only shoot if the soldier is on the ground or crouching)

grenade launcher is a good idea, the difference is that the grenade would go a little further and take longer to explode(like urban terror).

grenade launcher and rocket launcher, needs to be reloaded after each shot, making these weapons more strategic.

would be an interesting a Lmg in the game, would be more useful in CFT ot team games(like grenade launcher), it would be a good weapon for support(lot or ammo, but slow reload)
Thanks given by:
The Carbine's fine. With a slight decrease to the time between shots, you might even stand a chance against ARs at close range.

It's amazing for team support. If you're the kind of player that only cares about your team, rather than your own score, it's ideal. If you have a team full of snipers, you can put in the finishing shot for them, or even give them one-hit kills. Works well against nade-spammers and campers too.
Thanks given by:
Simple weapon idea, throwing the knife, if you throw you lose it, but it instantly kills your opponent.
Thanks given by:
(05 Apr 11, 06:43PM)macm Wrote: Simple weapon idea, throwing the knife, if you throw you lose it, but it instantly kills your opponent.

That might actually be feasible, like an altaction for the knife, but what do you fight with in OSOK if you run out of sniper ammo? O_O
Thanks given by:
with AC accuracy, a ohk knife throw sounds overpowered o.O Even if it is is a "one and done" type thing. Respawning and having a god weapon is kind of OP. :o

and +1 to LMG even though a lot of people hate the idea and it will never happen :(
Thanks given by:
PLEASE no throwing knives. AC ISN'T CoD.
Thanks given by:
As a general rule, one hit guns ruin a game. even if they are so inaccurate that they are useless, or have some other handicap to "balance" them, it will still be the only thing used by noobs. You think you hate the shotgun now? A one hit ko weapon would just be like taking all the faults of the shotgun and magnifying them.
Thanks given by:
I don't think it would be so bad, if a newbie managed to get a kill every time with it - to uphold a 1 ratio, I would be pretty surprised.

A one use-per-spawn concept weapon that does 1 hit kills wouldn't be so bad IMHO - as for the problems with OSOK, don't allow a throw-able knife in that and other related modes.

My 2 cents, for what it's worth. :P

Edit:

* Bukz doubts it would ever be implemented anyways, don't panic. hehe
Thanks given by:
Like i said: if you throw you lose it.
No more slashing for you at all, knife is gone and you lose the melee backup, until you spawn again. So noobs will be able to use it only once.
yes another altaction would do the trick.

It is just an idea, dont worry i wont kill the game.
Thanks given by:
to throw the knife, hold the right mouse button> the more you handle, the knife would go farther and do more damage. like soldat or q2 ddaynormandy : )
this way, the knife would not be absurdly powerful, and would be used only on specific occasions.
and you can get the knife back ; ).

Quote:and +1 to LMG even though a lot of people hate the idea and it will never happen :(
formerly, many people hated the idea of the rifle, today, everyone thinks the rifle made ​​the game more fun and diverse

---
i like to see new weapons in AC, but, they should be tested in game(rocket launcher, grenade launcher, Lmg, flamer, throwing knives).

I think in the best additions would be the Grenade launcher, lmg and throwing knives, more for fun and strategic use.

exemple:

grenade launcher>kill enemies behind walls or obstacles, good against campers, or delay enemy shone in or when you're on the run(ctf).

LMG > support gun, more for strategic use and players they do not want to worry about ammo.

Throwing knives> strategic use, his last trump card, or if their ammunition was exhausted and the enemy is still standing.

other>
Rocket launcher> in AC, the speed of the rocket would be slower compared to other games(like baboo violent), thus, players should learn to better calculate the trajectory of the missile, and get a straight shot to kill(or 2 straight shot depending on the balance of weapons), the interesting thing is the splashdamage, being a strategic characteristics.

Flamer> maybe good for cleaning rooms, but I think the shotgun already plays this role well.
perhaps it would be interesting if this was the only weapon in which the projectile passes through the enemy, and thus can cause damage to several enemies at once(good for multiples enemies, unlike shotgun for single targets).
perhaps be more useful in hallways with several enemies, and one of the main features is that this weapon need not be recharged (using a finite gas tank, duh).
the cons would be the extent of the fire, and the fact that less damage per second compared to other weapons(but, easy to hit).
Thanks given by:
(05 Apr 11, 08:47PM)StRaTo Wrote: PLEASE no throwing knives. AC ISN'T CoD.

Call of Duty actually doesn't really have throwing knives :o
Though Black Ops did incorporate a throwable tomahawk and a ballistic knife. ;)

Thanks given by:
(05 Apr 11, 11:21PM)wolfbr Wrote: ***snipped***
formerly, many people hated the idea of the rifle, today, everyone thinks the rifle made ​​the game more fun and diverse
***snipped***

That was one weapon that was completely unique. You're asking for lot's of weapons, some of which aren't.
Thanks given by:
(06 Apr 11, 01:49AM)eftertanke Wrote:
(05 Apr 11, 11:21PM)wolfbr Wrote: ***snipped***
***snipped***

That was one weapon that was completely unique. You're asking for lot's of weapons, some of which aren't.

not exactly, the rifle is basically the sniper, but without head shot or pistol combo.

----
lmg = smg with a lot ot of ammo and more spread.

grenade launcher = primary nades with more range and detonation time.

2x pistol = pistol with more ammo.

flamer = alternative close combat gun.

rocket launcher = it is a new weapon that was completely unique : D.

Thanks given by: