New Weapon?
I think a disposable RPG\RL (Rocket Propelled Grenade\Rocket Launcher) would add more fun and tactical ability. So that player can take out targets at long range, especially snipers behind windows. I hope the developers would think about it.
Thanks given by:
We've had a hundred discussions like this, and the answer is always the same, new weapons in the future is unlikely.

Thanks given by:
Combat Pistol is coming, grenade/rocket launchers are never going to happen.
Thanks given by:
What do you mean by "Combat Pistol"? ^^
Thanks given by:
How about making this AR-with scope.. like in Call of duty... it would be cool! Just like that Mod in akimbo vault :) but you add a scope and its like 15 bullets in a clip :P and its not so fast as AR ^^ i would love that kind of gun!
Thanks given by:
(19 Mar 11, 01:23AM)Mikey Wrote: We've had a hundred discussions like this, and the answer is always the same, new weapons in the future is unlikely.

Why is that buddy? What is the problem in adding new weapons? At least it will add more fun and variation...
Thanks given by:
They have to fix the current ones first before adding new ones, and if all the weapons are basically the same things with different models then you may as well just get add weapon mods. Launchers do not fit AC tho.
Thanks given by:
Would AC even be able to handle a launcher?
Seeing as though cubescript probably wouldn't support physics ;P
Thanks given by:
Hav0c don't be so doubting. CubeScript can do anything. Ask V-man, he even uses CubeScript to eat his breakfast.
Thanks given by:
Lmfao

Okay, i'm sorry for ever doubting you CubeScript. <3
Thanks given by:
THATS RIGHT YOU ARE.
Thanks given by:
(19 Mar 11, 03:16AM)al-qaeda Wrote: Why is that buddy? What is the problem in adding new weapons? At least it will add more fun and variation...

AC is meant to be a simple game. Not a "wait, what weapon was that guy using? *looks through list of 100 weapons*" type game.
Thanks given by:
Offtopic: You might want to change your name. We don't want to be associated with terrorist organizations and put under surveillance by American Intelligence. We are a game where people kill each other in urban environments, after all.
Thanks given by:
(19 Mar 11, 08:25AM)Lightning Wrote: Offtopic: You might want to change your name. We don't want to be associated with terrorist organizations and put under surveillance by American Intelligence. We are a game where people kill each other in urban environments, after all.

Hahaha....Chill down buddy. CIA has many other important tasks to do rather than watch a game forum for "explicit" usernames. Anyway here killing is done in game, not in real life....

(19 Mar 11, 06:06AM)Orynge Wrote:
(19 Mar 11, 03:16AM)al-qaeda Wrote: Why is that buddy? What is the problem in adding new weapons? At least it will add more fun and variation...

AC is meant to be a simple game. Not a "wait, what weapon was that guy using? *looks through list of 100 weapons*" type game.

Yap..I agree with that. AC is really a simple and easy-to-play game. And also available in various platforms and suitable even for low-end PCs. I appreciate that.
What I am trying to say is that to increase tactical ability of players a few new weapons would be a good idea. Like RPG, LMG,manually loaded Rifle, More powerful grenade.I am just trying to figure out new ideas from my experience that I got by playing (Game Over) more than 50 FPS.
Though I don't play those anymore. I now only AC when I get time. Time is nowadays in a shortage.

Thanks given by:
More powerful grenade perhaps, but that's a completely different thing to introducing a new weapon.
Imagine this: You're heading down a tunnel, armed with your trusty assault rifle. Suddenly you see a rocket heading at high speed towards you and you die. That is annoying.
Thanks given by:
I like the idea of the grenade. . . of course, that would increase the amount of nade spammers. . . eek. . .

@Al-Qeada: I wasn't saying I wouldn't like to see more weapons in the game, I was simply stating that this conversation has been had multiple times in the past.
Thanks given by:
I don't think there should be more weapons, we already have all of the weapon types covered with the ones we have.
Thanks given by:
(19 Mar 11, 03:25AM)Gibstick Wrote: They have to fix the current ones first before adding new ones, and if all the weapons are basically the same things with different models then you may as well just get add weapon mods. Launchers do not fit AC tho.

I know that those mods would be nice.. but there is NO(!!!) scoping machine rifle.. (AR as an example, and you add a scope that works, and slow its bulletfire, 15 bullet clip, and make it look cool!) COME ON new guns allways excite, but this would be nice and something different, and something that might work unlike rocket launchers :)
Thanks given by:
Who says there won't be ;)
Thanks given by:
Write up my suggestion! :)
Thanks given by:
I'm all for new weapons, even if it looks like we won't be getting a new toy for a long time.

But, no offense meant, an RPG being shot into a room and killing everything in the room does not increase tactical gameplay.
Thanks given by:
Not only that, but the server might crash when 15 out of 20 people are spamming rockets everywhere.
Thanks given by:
Not only that, but how easy would it be to spawn camp
Thanks given by:
Not only that, but seeing as its a rocket and all, the rounds would be explosive. So basically it would just shoot grenades out of it =P We already have grenades though...
Thanks given by:
And imagine the teamkilling? A lot of pub players are very aggressive and reckless, they'd be shooting off lag rockets all over the place, and they won't care about killing a team mate if they kill two enemies with the same shot.

P.S. Combat Pistol for Prez
Thanks given by:
I want:

Combat Pistol and/or 3-round-burst toggle on SMG and AR.

Can't be too hard, right?
Thanks given by:
BTW did I mention the combat pistol sucks?
Thanks given by:
*FIXED
Quote:I want:

3-round-burst toggle on SMG and AR.

Can't be too hard, right?
Thanks given by:
(20 Mar 11, 09:26PM)Gibstick Wrote: BTW did I mention the combat pistol sucks?

why? o.o'
Thanks given by:
(19 Mar 11, 03:25AM)Gibstick Wrote: They have to fix the current ones first before adding new ones, and if all the weapons are basically the same things with different models then you may as well just get add weapon mods. Launchers do not fit AC tho.

I agree with the first part (in part).
But I do not think that launchers do not fit AC. I like the idea of an AR-type-with-short-scope-and-nade-launcher.

People would complain: "oh no... another AR no...", but the SMG is just another AR (and the akimbo is just another SMG...). IMHO, we just have 3 different primary weapons: automatic (3), rifle (2), and shotgun (1).

And being sincere, rifle does not fit to AC (except if AC was a fast-paced-camping game). So, we see people running like crazy, jumping and headshoting (and taking 2 frags for an instant kill = double reward)... carbine came to balance a bit this scenario.

I would love to see a semi-automatic primary... the combat pistol fits this.
Thanks given by: