New Weapon?
in conterstrike, busts are useful to give HS, however, is less than the famas m4a1 in damage, but, better at mp5 in damage : ).

in AC, the only advantage would be to use in long range.

in urban terror, busts are useless and gives no advantage to the player, as it gives the same sweat the bust or do it manually (same rate of fire), only more convenient for some players(like the cube's scripts).

bust to be useful, it would be like the famas from couterstrike( more hof in 3 shots and less recoil, but, some fire interval between shots, good only in medium/long range, in close/medium full auto is better).

if not so, would not have advantages to using single mode in combat pistol or busts in auto, rs : )
Thanks given by:
Those of you still posting do know that none of the suggestions in this thread are new, don't you?

This thread was moved to Offtopic partially for that reason. It was also moved because the developers have better things to do than add more weapons to the game (when no more are needed to begin with.)
Thanks given by:
Tags are easy. You just make a triangle at the end of the gun called "tag_muzzle" and change the "md3emit tag_muzzle 10 50 75" part of the CFG. I don't know what exactly to change it to, I just messed around with the numbers and it worked fine. They're not the numbers for the position on the X, Y and Z axis though, one of the numbers is what the picture used for the flash is.

@RR: I didn't see that thread, sorry. I don't burst anyway, I only really use the single fire guns in AC. There's too much recoil for the automatic ones and most of the time I run out of table trying to adjust my aim, lol.

@efter: Yeah, I've seen loads of these threads, and the ideas are hardly original. It's mostly been: "Oh. Look what CoD/CS:S/insert popular fps here has. We need that."
Thanks given by:
(08 Apr 11, 04:52AM)eftertanke Wrote: Those of you still posting do know that none of the suggestions in this thread are new, don't you?

This thread was moved to Offtopic partially for that reason. It was also moved because the developers have better things to do than add more weapons to the game (when no more are needed to begin with.)

Still fun to discuss :D
Plus I'm sure a lot of players disagree that the devs have better things to do. Waiting over half a year for a less powerful shotgun compared to new weapons?(Not saying I'm in this boat, but others are!)
Hence they can have fun and talk about potential new weapons. And there is probably an off chance that an idea or two catch on and more players agree on it, then devs listen to the community and new weapon in the future. <3
Thanks given by:
If you really think that's going to happen then fire away. It wont.

EDIT: Wait what?
(08 Apr 11, 01:03PM)Nightmare Wrote: Plus I'm sure a lot of players disagree that the devs have better things to do. Waiting over half a year for a less powerful shotgun compared to new weapons?(Not saying I'm in this boat, but others are!)
Hence they can have fun and talk about potential new weapons. And there is probably an off chance that an idea or two catch on and more players agree on it, then devs listen to the community and new weapon in the future. <3

Your shotty example is a perfect example of what I'm saying. They'll be working on perfecting existing gameplay elements before adding more elements. Use this in your autoexec.cfg and the devs will be MUCH more likely to add the features you want (I'm sure). Make your own list of features.

//Thanks to V-Man
exec config\List_of_Counter_Strike_Features.cfg
alias counterstrikealias [at [$List_of_Counter_Strike_Features] (rnd (500))]
bind "Q" [say "This game should have ($counterstrikealias)"]
Thanks given by:
whenever someone talks to add something new to the game, someone always comes up against another arguing> that's not conterstrike/Cod.. lol, better arguments please.. rs
Tell me how this affects the game, and it would be bad, not only "that's not another game"..

and we're not talking about just adding new weapons, also modify / improve existing ones(exemple: bust fire)
Thanks given by:
The title of this thread is "New Weapon" and the original post is:
(19 Mar 11, 01:13AM)al-qaeda Wrote: I think a disposable RPG\RL (Rocket Propelled Grenade\Rocket Launcher) would add more fun and tactical ability. So that player can take out targets at long range, especially snipers behind windows. I hope the developers would think about it.

Not only are your arguments senseless, they are false.
Thanks given by:
This thread needs to be closed... people trolling NOW.
Thanks given by:
(08 Apr 11, 05:25PM)vern Wrote: This thread needs to be closed... people trolling NOW.

like you? rs : D
Thanks given by:
I agree completely. I hate the "AC NEEDS THIS!" threads. Can't you just read

AC Devs Wrote:* Why doesn't AssaultCube have feature XYZ from a different game, such as Counter-Strike?

Firstly, AssaultCube is not a Counter-Strike clone! The quicker you understand this, the sooner you will be able to defeat your opponents with ease.

Secondly, just because a feature is available in your favourite game A, does not mean we have to implement it here, it might not suit the game style that AssaultCube has...

and enjoy a match the way AC is currently?
Thanks given by:
oh well, tried to stay neutral. Its in off topic already, and some players like to discuss possible new weapons and how they would affect the game. Whether or not they ever come to fruition as real AC weapons. They have the right to chat about it.

@ eftertanke Why are you in a thread discussing new weapons if you aren't contributing to the discussion? Nobody is demanding changes. Its just random off topic chatting about possible new weapons, and even the current weapons. It really isn't a big deal <3

@ wolfbr. I love the post about the fail arguement :D While some do come in here and try to turn the game into a Call of Duty or Counter Strike(which is bad), you aren't.(which is good)... Good stuff, I'd like to play a game with you someday <3
Thanks given by:
Your attempt to be discreet was a complete failure. You have no reason to call me a communist. I never said they didn't have a right to talk about it, people DID however say (multiple times) that I had no right to disagree that new crap should be added. I'm not at fault.

I sincerely am glad this is in Offtopic now. I don't have to regard it as a thread that's worth my time, and I'm surprised I gave it the extra chance I did.

EDIT: Oh you decided to add my name, good for you. This entire thread started out as a plea for launchers to be added because it would make AC "more fun" and "add tactical ability." You should read the OP, which would have cleared that up about twenty posts ago and would have kept this OUT of Offtopic.

Kthxbai!
Thanks given by:
So ignoring the troll and moving back on topic.

@wolfbr Combat Pistol seems interesting. So definitely will be excited for it if it ever gets released :D As you said, 3 round burst will mostly be an advantage long range, but also easier to control at all ranges. So seems fun and different from the rest of the weapons :D

Thanks given by:
Stay on topic or leave.
Thanks given by:
I would like to point out two things:
1) The fact that another game has X feature doesn't mean AC should have it
2) The fact that someone brings up that X feature is available in another game doesn't mean their idea should be automatically rejected.

When you are considering an idea, consider how it will affect AC, not if AC will look like a copy of another game.
Thanks given by:
all have some source of inspiration, the designers of AC (or any other game), had some source of inspiration (other games), and put in the game that set up what he enjoyed most.
for me, cube is like a mix of conter strike and quake/doom.
I understand that perhaps the game's creators did not intend to add very powerful weapons (like turok, lol), but, it is possible to add a greater variety of weapons, without breaking the escence of the game(weapon balance).

exemple:

Lmg can have the same damage of AR(or less) and the SMG spreed(or more), and more ammo.

grenade launcher> more range compared to normal grenades, however, takes longer to explode.

--
its not game breaker, the shotgun was overpowerd and most did not complain.
I believe that now, the weapons are balanced(maybe some guns need more ammo), I see no problem in adding a new weapon.

exemple: 2x pistol for primary, and replace 2x pistol bonus:
[Image: dualuziassaultcube.jpg]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

why? simple, currently the 2x pistols look more like a SMG (only the weapon model could be changed), for more realism, add more ammo and reduce damage, but, damage per sec is the same as before.

Quote:NIghtmare> Good stuff, I'd like to play a game with you someday
same to you : )
----

and, if you can test this model, down here:
http://www.quadropolis.us/files/mods.zip
and place the files in the pistols folder (models\weapons\pistol), and find a 2xpistol bonus and have fun.
Thanks given by:
All these nice ideas could be implemented in the official release as options (some of them, secret options).
Thanks given by:
Can spread be reduced in general?

Surely weapon balance would be easier if bullets hit when the crosshair is aimed at the enemy
Thanks given by:
Vermi: once you play with fixed hit registration you won't care about spread anymore.
Thanks given by: