Any model requests?
Thank you V-man my walking slow_man-english translator :D
Thanks given by:
Alright. I'll give some of those a go :D Any preference on guitars? ;) Was thinking about a strat myself :P
Thanks given by:
Big, electric, and red, just like the one from L4D2.

* Bukz succumbs to my noobness.
Thanks given by:
* a_slow_old_man points at his second last post
Thanks given by:
@V-Man:
i ment the spray one that police use (thats what its called i think) its spelt mace actually ><
i was thinking quick fire/spray if you get me? :)
i was thinking that there is already an explosion on the grenade so i thought molatov would look good with the flames and such :)
Thanks given by:
Mace! Oh! Pepper spray! heh. Yeah, that'd be cool. But to make it behave like a knife (1 incident of damage per click), we'd have to pretend it's a pump-spray instead of aerosol...
Thanks given by:
I'm getting started on the FAL now. The link a_slow_old_man sent me to appears to be down for now, so I think I'll use this to texture the FAL: http://operatorchan.org/k/arch/src/k6984...20para.jpg

I've also got plans to make a sniper and a playermodel right now, the player model being a more modern looking soldier than the one in AC right now, and The sniper being a Steinkamp SW1, which looks absolutely epic. I realise that it's a double barreled gun, btw, and I've planned for that :P
Thanks given by:
StRaTo: You are right, it seems to be kinda down right now, but if you want I can send you some pics of it, I downloaded it some months ago so I'm save xD
Thanks given by:
Yeah, sure. If you want :P
Thanks given by:
http://www.file-upload.net/download-3222...L.zip.html

(Just the important ones)
Thanks given by:
Do you want me to texture the rust/grime on as well or was it just the wooden part you wanted me to texture?
Thanks given by:
EVERYTHING!!! ;D
Thanks given by:
@V-Man:
yeh, i was thinking of it like that as well :L
unless it was a longish spray range so that the aerosol constant spray effect could be used as the smg bullets?
probs doesnt make sense but oh well xD
Thanks given by:
Strato: Pixagogo is up again if you need more ref pictures
Thanks given by:
(17 Feb 11, 06:13PM)V-Man Wrote: Mace! Oh! Pepper spray! heh. Yeah, that'd be cool. But to make it behave like a knife (1 incident of damage per click), we'd have to pretend it's a pump-spray instead of aerosol...

what if it was weed killer/insecticide, like one of these things.
Thanks given by:
Then we'd (no pun intended) need a plant-playermodel!! :D
Thanks given by:
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGYES!
Jumanji style!
Thanks given by:
i would say it's more like 'Tastes Like Spelunky style'.
(For the unenlightened among us)
Thanks given by:
(19 Feb 11, 08:15AM)V-Man Wrote: Then we'd (no pun intended) need a plant-playermodel!! :D
Old school "The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask"'s Deku Scrubs FTW :D
Thanks given by:
a_slow_old_man, you disappointed me by not linking to akimbo. Please do in the near future ;)
Thanks given by:
[Image: 2afewq9.jpg]

Just to prove to you guys I haven't forgotten about you :) Sorry, there's been a lot going on in my life recently. Texturing the model right now. 503 faces and 770 verts. I should have it released today or tomorrow.

EDIT: Wow, it's hard as hell to texture wood...

EDIT2: The bulk of the texturing is done. The rail is too much of a solid black colour though. Going to add a handle and a bit of detail onto the body, and use a separate file for those. The texture looks completely different in the game compared to what it does in the texture file though. I textured the wood using the reference pictures a_slow_old_man gave me, and it comes up a greyish blue colour, and it's really undetailed even though my texture file is 2048x2048. Is there any chance you could reduce the brightskins filter a bit in the next release? It's a bit extreme.
Thanks given by:
Uh...
Are you still taking requests?
I have a list the size of ...
It's big.
Thanks given by:
Yeah, sure. I kind of lost the FAL though... My HDD died, and I can't find my backup flashdrive -.- I kind of forgot about this thread. Back to work I go :)
Thanks given by:
This is gonna be fun.
I intend to learn to make mapmodels, so don't feel bad if you don't feel like making any of these. :D
-- Alternate computer monitors (other than mapmodel 65)
-- Phone (business, lots of buttons)
-- Control Panel (just a small keyboard-looking thing with buttons, not keys -- not a keyboard)
-- Keyboard (alone)
-- Computer mouse (alone)
-- Military/prison style bunk beds
-- Inbox cubby-holes
-- Safety glass (Like chain-link, but smaller?)
-- Bubble camera (that black ball that you think may have a camera in it XD)
-- Indoor bench (with cushioning -- a simplistic couch could do for this)
-- Padlock
-- Copy/fax machine (one of those tall ones you find at an office)
-- Shredder
-- Bulletin Board
-- Wall clock
-- Other kinds of chairs (metal or folding or plastic)
-- Small wastebin
-- Individual concrete steps (like the platform mapmodel but smaller, so you can make a custom-style staircase)
-- Payphone
-- Books
-- Binders
-- Small bookcase
-- Mini-fridge
-- Microwave
-- Cabinet
-- Tool shed
-- Police car
-- Coffee machine/pot
-- A chicken (Just kidding (sort of))
Thanks given by:
Most of those I can do, and I'll get to work on them, but I can't do the safety glass because you can't have transparency on textures. I can probably do chicken wire if you want though. The car I don't know about either. I think it'll be really high poly.
Thanks given by:
http://www.akimbo.in/forum/viewtopic.php...it=car#p17
though I tried it out, and it just doesn't look good (no offense to the creator). I mean, it looks good, but it doesn't look good in AC. What AC needs is the wreckage of a car.
Thanks given by:
you can find some VERY good mapmodels here: http://www.blackrayne.net/

theres a bit of name changing and copying to be done thought.

you need to make a md3.cfg file to format the model for ac.

i converted a few of them in the past. http://forum.cubers.net/thread-1653.html

look at the files for examples. :D
Thanks given by:
@StRaTo: What if you made a mapmodel that consisted of the wires in safety glass, and users can just clip it off?
@Jake: I downloaded that. The file was oddly packaged (I had to do some choppy tricks to get it to work), and I couldn't find any cop cars in there.
Thanks given by:
@jakedisaster:

This thread is about suggestions for models someone would like to make by himself, entirely. Soley for AC. Please stay on topic and do not encourage people to go the lame way. ;)

Besides that, about those models, a quote from the thread linked above:

"I personally do not recommend to use most of such models for obvious reasons. They aren't compatible with low-end-computers and don't even fit AC's setting. In case you're not sure whether or not you may use this or that, better just leave them out.", by Mr.Floppy

Thanks given by:
(05 Apr 11, 10:16PM)Lantry Wrote: ***snipped***
What AC needs is the wreckage of a car.

I agree. That would be cool to see.
Thanks given by: