Any model requests?
I started modelling a while ago, and I think it's quite fun, tbh. I'm still only a beginner at it though, and I really need to get some more experience, so if anyone needs a weapon or mapmodel done, just post what it is here, and I'll try it :)

I didn't really know what section of the forums to post this in, btw, but I thought it was most relevant to mapping and modding, so I just posted it here.

- StRaTo
Thanks given by:
I started modelling ......it was most relevant to mapping and modding......Joe waits....

anyway, i would like some scissors, sharp ones. You know the ones that moms and dads, say not to run around with. Well i want some to replace my knife, so when i chase someone around AC i want to be able to make those scissors useful, and stab them with some scissors. ooo and lets make those rusty scissors...so ac player will be force to get a tetanus shot.

:) im being serious too.
Thanks given by:
* Frogulis quotes Joe Smith

That's a nice idea...sounds scary!
I could really imagine playing AC with rusty scissors.
How about a set of "rusty" weapons to go with it?

I'm suprised MykeGregory hasn't asked for a lawnmower yet ;)
Thanks given by:
Prison shank and a FAL
Thanks given by:
Unreal Tournament mods would be class.

Flak cannon = shotgun
link gun = AR
minigun = smg
sniper = ..sniper

otherwise, Barret .50 Cal.
EDIT:
Quote:"I'm suprised MykeGregory hasn't asked for a lawnmower yet ;) " -Frogulis"

although it wasn't my innitial idea...DO IT!
Thanks given by:
Minigun has all ready ben made
Thanks given by:
(11 Feb 11, 05:29PM)SuperSniper Wrote: Minigun has all ready ben made

O.O!!!
Thanks given by:
I wonder whether StRaTo was rather asking about MAPMODELS, not HUD models, as he says he just started modelling and the latter kind of models is nothing for beginners really.
Thanks given by:
G36 (300th post :D)
Thanks given by:
Started work on the scissors. They were quite easy really. Just need to texture them now, which I have never done before, so that will probably look terrible lol. FAL and prison shank next. I might make some stairs as well. The default ones would only really fit with a run down factory or military base of something.

@ Frogulis: Rusty weapons would be a texture mod, and as I said above, I have no experience with texturing.

@ Mr. Floppy: I meant both. Since I started, the only thing I've been doing is weapon models. I think they're easier than mapmodels, tbh, and it's even easier to do them if you just use makkE's hands. They're probably much easier to find usable reference pictures for as well.

(I'm just going to try and work my way down this thread in the order things are posted btw)
Thanks given by:
Huntsman, the g36 has been made too.
Thanks given by:
StRaTo:
Maybe you should make a free acc at http://environment-textures.com/ then you can download 10MB a day of rly rly [...] rly good ref pictures of ... everything you can imagine. http://cgtextures.com/ also have some rly nice ref pictures (but mainly unseamed textures).

If you rly want to learn how to make nice mapmodels you should try something that fits in the "normal" AC theme but isnt there already.

Maybe a... shovel, a broom or a sheep or cow skull, not sure (this would sure rock n ac_desert)
Thanks given by:
this one is pretty easy, and i was thinking of doing it myself, but if you want to go ahead.
I would like a model of a crate, modeled after the one on the cart in this clip.
Yes, i know the usual way to make crates is with the crate textures, there's just a few places where a crate model would come in handy in the map i'm making.
Thanks given by:
The scissors are done, and textured, and I've exported to MD3, but after putting them into AC I noticed there was no animation. Is there any way I could just port the animation over from the knife, considering the scissors are in the exact same position as the knife was? (using 3DS Max 2011 btw)

@MykeGregory: I have never played unreal tournament, so that would be quite difficult, and the barret looks like a difficult gun to do, but I'll try :)

@a_slow_old_man: Thanks :) I'll register for both of those sites tomorrow.

@Lantry: You might as well make it yourself, if you know how to. I'm just working my way down the page, so it'll take me quite a while to get the the crate. Isn't there a crate in the default AC installation anyway? I think I remember seeing one when I was looking through the mapmodels.

EDIT: What kind of lawnmower do you mean, anyway? One of those manual ones or a petrol / electric one?
Thanks given by:
you have to create animations in the knife file. You do this by dragging it to where it should be, then creating a keyframe in the timeline window for the proper frame (This tutorial explains the basics pretty well)

as for the crate mapmodel, i don't think i've seen one before, but i will have to check.
Thanks given by:
By rusty weapons I wasn't so much talking about a texture job but rather a full set of decrepit, rusty weapons. I think that sort of thing would be awesome.

CRATE MAPMODEL! PLEASE! I love the current crate texture, but I really don't like that it's only a texture.
Thanks given by:
Nope, couldn't find the crate. Guess I must have been imagining things. I did find a potato box though :S I'll do that after the scissors then. It looks like an easy thing to do.

I suppose I'm going to have to download blender and follow that tutorial then. If all goes well, I should have the scissors uploaded by the end of today. The texture looks quite messy in the file, but it looks perfect on the model.

http://img153.imageshack.us/i/2011021313...tpost.jpg/

I might edit the fingertips of the hands skin as well, I think they look a bit weird.
Thanks given by:
you should make a mapmodel of animals...
Rats, Dogs, cats. that kind of stuff. would be a funny 'easter egg' to have in some maps.

a burnt our car would be good too.
Thanks given by:
^ freaking hard to make decend looking and/or highpoly :(
Thanks given by:
Kitchen Utensils Mod?
Thanks given by:
Umm.. A M16.. Travis ;)
You know, A M16.. It would be pretty sexy with a little rust or a camo.
Thanks given by:
(13 Feb 11, 05:21PM)MykeGregory Wrote: you should make a mapmodel of animals...
Rats, Dogs, cats. that kind of stuff. would be a funny 'easter egg' to have in some maps.

a burnt our car would be good too.

(13 Feb 11, 05:33PM)a_slow_old_man Wrote: ^ freaking hard to make decend looking and/or highpoly :(

would it though?

do you mean animals or a car?

Thanks given by:
(13 Feb 11, 02:53PM)StRaTo Wrote: I suppose I'm going to have to download blender and follow that tutorial then.

oh, sorry. I thought you said you were using blender. there's other ways to do it i'm sure, i just only know blender.
Thanks given by:
I've found an animation tutorial for 3ds Max, but I don't know if my MD3 exporting tool supports animation. I suppose I'll find out soon enough.
Thanks given by:
Unfortunately guys, I can't seem to animate the scissors :/ If anyone could animate them for me, just say, and I'll upload them. I think I was doing the animation right. It's probably just bad plugins. I tried it in Blender and 3ds Max as well. In blender when I export to MD3, the model appears invisible in assaultcube, and only shows up when you walk, and in 3dsmax, it's fine, but with no animation. If anyone could link me to a download for an animated MD3 exporter for blender or even better yet, 3ds Max, (doesn't matter what version) I'd be grateful.
Thanks given by:
yahhh everyone better run, cuz you are going to get stabbed by some rusty scissors !

thanks StRaTo.
Thanks given by:
I've just tried to compile an MD3 from individual MD3 files there as well, this doesn't seem to want to work. How did you get the animation in your knife mods a_slow_old_man?
Thanks given by:
make sure you are setting up your config files right!
they are pretty easy to figure out.
Thanks given by:
I am, just made sure of that. I export my models the same as the default ones anyway (weapon being labeled as "weapon" and hands being labeled as "hands". Also been using the same frames as the default cfg.
Thanks given by:
if you're using blender, make sure you have all relevant pieces selected when creating keyframes and exporting. i'm somewhat of a blender noob, but if you upload what you have so far (or email it to me) i can have a look at it and see if i can get it running. don't expect too much from me though!
Thanks given by: