Any model requests?
Same offer as Lantry :)
Thanks given by:
Alright, I'll upload it. What do you want? MD3s, .blend files, .max files?

EDIT: Just found my old Maya install CD. I also found the source code for an animated MD3 export plugin for Maya. I'm going to try and work out how to compile the plugin, and use Maya to make the animation. I was going to have to learn how to use it at some point anyway, if I want to get into game development when I'm older. Wish me luck!
Thanks given by:
.blend would be most helpful imo
Thanks given by:
http://www.mediafire.com/?bo88t7n6g2lev55

.blend file and texture files included. If anyone wants the .max file, just say so.
Thanks given by:
hmmm... this is weird. it looks like you didn't apply your texture files right, so they are only appearing when the model moves through where they should be. I don't really know how to apply textures yet, so hopefully a_slow_old_man can help you out. as for the animation, that looks like its working, just kinda hard to tell without the texture.
Thanks given by:
I don't know what's up, to be honest. The texture looks fine on the static model.

EDIT: By the way, if you mean in blender, I haven't applied the texture files. I was only using blender for the animation and animated MD3 export, nothing more, and I barely know how to use it.
Thanks given by:
I.... have srsly no idea why you can't see it when you dont move it...

What have you changed?
Maybe some.. shader?
What else besides the model, the texture and the anim have you changed?
Thanks given by:
Nothing, honestly. I imported my model from 3DS Max using .3ds, changed the name of the hands and the weapon because they were renamed to hands_None and weapon_None, animated using locrotscale keyframes, and exported to MD3. Apart from that, honestly nothing.
Thanks given by:
OK got the mistake.

The model was way to small ^^

Here is the blend file (with armature):
http://www.file-upload.net/download-3216...s.zip.html

And here is a finished version:
http://www.file-upload.net/download-3216...s.zip.html
Thanks given by:
when you're modelling, how do you know how big it should be?? i don't see any way to tell, so is it just a trial and error thing?
Thanks given by:
sorry for breaking the discussion above up ><
i just saw this thread and remembered a thought i had ages ago....
i was thinking of homemade weapon mods?
maybe a sling shot for rifle or broken bottle for knife or molatov for grenade?
i dont know if any of these are possible because i have never modded before (plan to soon though ^^) but if they are they would be greatly appreciated :D
just an idea :)
Thanks given by:
Thank you so much a_slow_old_man! How did you fix it, in case I run into this problem in the future? I just imported the 3DS from Max, and I thought it would be the right size, so I didn't think there would be any problems.

I'll have to upload that to Akimbo later :) Next: To work on the FAL and prison shank.
Thanks given by:
i tried to do a texture of a stick of dynamite. to replace the grenade

it had a fuse and TNT on the side, looked great. I never made a model for it though.
i would also be cool if when you were about to throw it, instead of your hand going off the screen you could animate the fuse so i runs down then explodes.
Thanks given by:
That's been done, MykeGregory. Check out the ww2 mod.

@Jokerjam11: I've considered doing an elastic band rifle for sniper, but I didn't know if anyone would want it. The bottle sounds quite easy, as well. If you could think of what I could do for all the weapons, I would try to make it, since this is a requests topic, after all :)
Thanks given by:
tila tequila

So I can unload my pump* in her face.

*pump == shotgun
Thanks given by:
As a playermodel? I don't know, there's a lot of animation in those, and I don't think I'll be able to use blender for any more than simple animation right now. I don't know it very well at all.

Also, what kind of prison shank was meant? There's loads of different kinds, even from the picture I've seen in about a minute, there's at least 4 different kinds.
Thanks given by:
just some crude weapon that looks homemade. probably something like this.
Thanks given by:
@StRaTo:
I normaly import the normal AC tris_high.md3 and keep the hand, so I dont have to adjust it.

For your FAL: http://pixagogo.com/3723774217

If you'd try a methode to texturize it with the ref pictures, I'd love you ;D
Thanks given by:
a_slow_old man, I usually do that in Max, and then export to blender. I suppose I should just make the weapon in max and export it to blender, and then import the hands. I don't think my MD3 import script works though.

Alright, I'll do that one :) I was going to do a carbine version of the FAL, but I might as well do that one. Looks easier :P

I found a shank that looks much cooler than the one in your link, Lantry, but thanks anyway :P

Also might do a carbine mod, if I have the time between all these requests.

EDIT: The scissors have been uploaded to Akimbo: http://www.akimbo.in/forum/viewtopic.php...=706#p2791
Thanks given by:
@StRaTo: Here is a little tutorial for texturizing a model without seams (or at least not so big ones) but its for blender, so if you decide to give blender a try, call me! xD
Thanks given by:
Is it funny that I don't know what texturizing is? xD

If you mean texturing the model, I just rendered a UV map in 3DS Max, added that as a semi-transparent layer in photoshop and drew onto the layer underneath, then deleted the uv map render and saved as .jpg. If anyone wants a tutorial on that^ I'll make one, but it's not difficult :P

And I will :P
Thanks given by:
(13 Feb 11, 08:35PM)ACJD12 Wrote: Umm.. A M16.. Travis ;)
You know, A M16.. It would be pretty sexy with a little rust or a camo.

I love that gun, I also have one that is vietnam style:D

...Halo 3 (or reach) guns
Thanks given by:
Hello Travis, Hows the FAL coming along? :)
Thanks given by:
YAYY, nice, honestly when i first saw the image of the scissors i was, like it looks like shit, then i put in in my ac folder, and played with it, its all cam together, i like the knifing motion, that direction is perfect. Only thing that could use some work is the rusty part the handles look fine to me but the rusty part seems a little blur or not just there yet. but over all its pretty cool, ill be using it. i suggest fixing lil things here and there, then upload it to akimbo.

AC you better line up to get your tetanus shot !!
Thanks given by:
yeah, i think the animation it superb. i've already slain half a dozen foes with it's sharp, rusty blades. (is that an oxymoron?)
Thanks given by:
I think it's the "brightskins filter" that's making them look like that, Joe. The colour is a lot nicer in the texture, imho. I had this nice slash animation in 3DS Max as well, and I'd rather have that, but I couldn't get the animation exported. I need to fix up the texture a bit anyway. Thanks for the criticism :)

@Lantry: It might be, lol.

EDIT: It's unfair to just thank me, by the way. Without a_slow_old_man, it wouldn't even be uploaded yet :)
Thanks given by:
i guess i can thank a_slow_old_man if i must ..... Thanks :)
Thanks given by:
well i was wondering if any of these would be good....
slingshot/tazer = rifle/sniper (dont know which one would be best for either category) ><
water gun/bb gun = pistol
broken bottle = knife
molatov = grenade
throwing rocks = assault rifle
throwing bricks = shotgun
maize = smg
any sound good?? :)
just ideas, others are welcome :D
Thanks given by:
How about a
- firework (the exploding ones dont know the english name) for Grenade
- Guitar for knife
- firework (the flying one) for sniper
- Flamethrower for shotgun
Thanks given by:
uh
bananas and pineapple are cool, but...
maize?
Also, +1 to the Molotov cocktail idea.

@slow_old:
exploding fireworks are usually called firecrackers, the flying ones are rockets.
Thanks given by: