Beta-Test Phase
I like it, smg is perfect now and AR I didn't fell much of a difference, still pretty good. and pretty well balanced with each other.
Shotty requires proper aim now and that's a good thing, Its kinda hard to say without playing it on a crowded pub. for some small DM matches I positioned myself in shotty friendly spots in the maps and it felt ok and still works at mines :P

I have to agree with jamz and Robtics on the sniper issue, the one shot pistol combo makes it to much for pubs, way to easy to kill

How about knife not being affected by armour, caus against a 100 armored guy the knife its just plain useless and if you have the balls the pull your knife on someone you should get some perks for it, imho.
Thanks given by:
i like jamz's idea
Quote: A possible solution would be to decrease the spawn time for armour as player numbers increase, just as with health, ammo and nades.
Thanks given by:
I can imagine people caming the helmets in their bases or armours near the bases non stop in a full server tho, but thats not to be discussed in this thread.
Thanks given by:
Crema you have a point there with the knife.

I am not too fond about adjusting armour spawn times to client numbers. Armour should be timeable.

I think shotgun could be beefed up a little still. We'll see about the sniper.
Thanks given by:
I notice that sometimes the sniper bullets "hit" the target but still follow the way across the target, that and i need to test it with real players please.
Thanks given by:
1.1.0.5 ----> Oh no! Sniper is OP and Shotty have been nerfed!!! Balance it devs!!!

1.1.0.6 ----> ROFLMAO! Shotty n00bs are kicking our arses again and we poor snipers can't face them on close combat!!! Balance!!!

1.1.0.7 ----> Oh dear... (another part of community claiming from unknown balance fixes)

1.1.0.8 and successive ----> <?php $balance = echo rand(1.1.0.4, 1.1.0.7); ?>

Apart from this stupid comment, god bless devs for their infinite patience with some annoying guys (like me :)). I hope with 1.1.0.5 will bring us less debate about balance and more brain-storming about featuring the game.

GGz!
Thanks given by:
(10 Feb 11, 09:15PM)makkE Wrote: Armour should be timeable.
I was thinking about when it gets crowded, 10+ players, maybe 12+. Clan matches wouldn't be affected, and timing often goes out of the window when you've got nine or more other players fighting for space.
Thanks given by:
1.1.0.5 beta....finally :D

Edit: i tried on a bot match and the bullets don't travel with damage :(
Thanks given by:
(11 Feb 11, 01:37AM)Dade Wrote: Apart from this stupid comment, god bless devs for their infinite patience with some annoying guys (like me :)). I hope with 1.1.0.5 will bring us less debate about balance and more brain-storming about featuring the game.

excuse the offtopic:
i was just looking at the history documentation, and i think its really great that the biggest argument is whether or not the weapons are perfectly balanced!
right, thats enough optimism for one day.
Thanks given by:
Just played a few fun games, and I must say the AR isn't as bad as I thought it would be. My accuracy with the assault rifle has jumped from 30% to 40% and I could plow through snipers. Snipers weren't a problem for me, though jackrock should've aimed for my body instead of the ever elusive headshot.
Thanks given by:
Ahh...I kinda take back what I said about the sniper + pistol combo being quite overpowering. Yes, I do think that it is great, and isn't too bad when used against experienced players. But I do agree with TheCrema, since 1 shot with sniper + 1 shot with pistol could mean (very) easy kills in pubs.... But meh, the sniper + pistol combo can stand more of a chance against another weapon at close range.

However... I was playing a few inters, and it occured to me that occasionally the grenades are able to gib you from very far distances, like over 8 cubes. Is this a bug or something?
Thanks given by:
(11 Feb 11, 06:08AM)Fate Wrote: However... I was playing a few inters, and it occured to me that occasionally the grenades are able to gib you from very far distances, like over 8 cubes. Is this a bug or something?
It's probably due to lag. This has happened to me ever since I started playing in 0.93.

Did you not get it before?

Thanks given by:
I downloaded and i'm testing.
Thanks given by:
(11 Feb 11, 04:51PM)Syntax Wrote:
(11 Feb 11, 06:08AM)Fate Wrote: However... I was playing a few inters, and it occured to me that occasionally the grenades are able to gib you from very far distances, like over 8 cubes. Is this a bug or something?
It's probably due to lag. This has happened to me ever since I started playing in 0.93.

Probably, but I'm not too sure. Castiel was complaining the same thing in-game.
Thanks given by:
Me, Tayitux, Z-Karlus and Wubboy played an inter today.
Im pretty sure that we all liked it more then 1.1.0.4 Fate i thought that too, but then i looked at my ping which was 300 +( which it is most of the time :p)
The sniper + pistol combo is a 'bit' overpowering though, but then again the time to switch between sniper and pistol is like 0.5 seconds
Thanks given by:
(11 Feb 11, 09:50PM)Fate Wrote:
(11 Feb 11, 04:51PM)Syntax Wrote:

Probably, but I'm not too sure. Castiel was complaining the same thing in-game.

Yeah it was weird, I'd see a nade and move away(having about 220 ping) and even though I was a fair distance away i'd still die, not only that, they were killing me from at least 100 health at this distance. Has the radius of nades been increased or am I just imagining this?

Also, on the overpower of the sniper/pistol combo, I was able to hold a decent ratio in the 4v4 with pistol+sniper even though I myself am horrible at sniping, I would never use it in a match as I am simply not competitive enough. If the sniper hits the first shot, you are dead majority of the time(unless you've cleverly backed onto health), as the larger pistol clip means that spamming pistol towards the player will almost always result in a kill.

You may say 'armour up' etc, but armour only respawns every 25 seconds(I'm fairly sure), even in 2v2s there is not enough armour to protect you in a map like depot from snipers.
Thanks given by:
Is there a bug with the shadows?

[Image: dibujodhq.jpg]

I'm sure you have noticed about this, because it has been around since 1.1.0.3 or 4, but I haven´t seen any message or bug report related in the forums.

In maps like power for example, in the CLA base you can see the shadows of the players that are upstairs and this shouldn`t happen.
Thanks given by:
(12 Feb 11, 08:27AM)Z-karIuS Wrote: Is there a bug with the shadows?

*Image snipped*

I'm sure you have noticed about this, because it has been around since 1.1.0.3 or 4, but I haven´t seen any message or bug report related in the forums.

In maps like power for example, in the CLA base you can see the shadows of the players that are upstairs and this shouldn`t happen.

I've also noticed this, didn't think much of it. But if you do have the highest settings I think you can. Also in overpass of shine etc.
Thanks given by:
As for that picture, I think it's a bug. Not sure. (Haven't actually checked to compare it to 1.1.0.4)

But for the shadows of players in ac_power.... I would say it's normal, because they're standing on a mapmodel.
Thanks given by:
It's not a bug. It's due to the way the shadows are coded - such weird cases happen here and there - otherwise, those shadows would cost much more.

Castiel: Nade damage or radius hasn't been changed. Helmets spawn every 20 seconds, kevlar every 25.

Thanks given by:
MakkE, how often do Akimbo spawn?
Thanks given by:
good choice of the colour of the frag messages btw, much better than before :)

Huntsman: you have it for 30 seconds and it respawns after 60 seconds
Thanks given by:
Excellent!!! I'll try running a server tonight... Let u know if there's any paranormal activity...
&tu tu tu tu tu tuuuuuuu&..."The truth is out there"..."trust me Scully, take off all your clothes, you have an alien parasite..." :)
Thanks given by:
any news on the sniper bullet? does it continue its damage once its hit/gone through someone?
it would be cool to have double headshot posibilities.
Thanks given by:
i dont think it does. I'm pretty sure that only the effect continues past the player.
Thanks given by:
Impressed with the new version is well I hope you leave soon:)
Thanks given by:
Only thing i think needs tweaking with the settings in this 'beta phase' Is the Shotgun needs its old damage/spread back (what it has in 1.1.0.4 or something very close to this)
Thanks given by:
Hey, could you do me and maybe some others a favor, is it possible to make a patch version of the full release of this like you have done in the past.
Thanks, XFA
Thanks given by:
XFA: that's actually unlikely because the folder structure was changed.
Thanks given by:
We've gotten quite a bit of feedback here - thank you all, that have tested!
There have been a few interesting remarks about specific weapons, which don't match up with what the values say - like one person telling me the SMG felt easier than before - but a definite concensus on the shotgun needing to be beefed up again (at least somewhat).
We've taken this feedback to our hearts and are currently tinkering with possible new settings - the beta-test will end today. So you can expect fixes, tweaks and features coming into SVN again from tomorrow. Since we'll be fiddeling with the balance again we wil most probably need to do another large-scale beta-test before we can be satisfied it's ready for release .. so - as usual - don't ask when it's gonna be ready. It's ready when it's ready ;-)
Thanks again to all testers - you've helped the game along on it's evolution! It's much appreciated!
Thanks given by: