Beta-Test Phase
Brink??
What's so exciting about that?
Srry Myke
Thanks given by:
(20 Feb 11, 07:41AM)V-Man Wrote: Brink??
What's so exciting about that?
Srry Myke
* MykeGregory facepalms
This BRINK
its gonna sweet! as will be the AC update

EDIT: and dont dis that film! one this best inline movies there is! XD

Thanks given by:
"ACCESS DENIED"
WTF?
Thanks given by:
So apparently two year olds cant watch this?
Thanks given by:
you must be under 18 then, which i dont understand cos the game is a 15. i think.
Thanks given by:
will the getting stuck on people get fixed ?
Thanks given by:
beta won't work for me. I get a "can't find core textures" message
Thanks given by:
Nightmare, don´t use ac_client.exe. Instead, use assaultcube.bat.
Thanks given by:
thanks, got it working by luck like right after my post by clicking on a random thing.
but thats good to know for the future :)

and as for weapon stuff. Only got to play bots in my 70 minutes of playtime.

Assault Rifle: feels same-ish but maybe a little rougher. With ten less bullets than smg, and crazy recoil/blowback, not much reason to use it, especially when the smg is easier to use and can rifle sprint/jump decently itself. Was having trouble with it at long range, even when burst firing it. Maybe it's spread is too much or something.

SMG: much harder to control compared to the current one. But still much easier than the AR to control, solid rifle sprint/jump ability. Seems like the "go-to" full auto weapon.

Carbine: same, slow, dancing around until you can fire again at close/mid range. No chance against other weapons if the enemy is decent, unless you are super accurate and pro at avoiding their shots.

Shotgun: after reading some of this thread, I was expecting a terrible gun. Its perfect imo. one hit kill close up. and two hit kill from short-mid range. And it hits people from farther away than the current version can. The AR and smg take forever to kill, all a shotgun user has to do is be smart where they go, then dance around avoiding some shots, put 1-2 shots into somebody and walk away the victor. Please don't go too crazy de-nerfing this shotgun.

Sniper: Easily the star of the bunch. Super quick kills with the sniper/pistol combo. And I'm not great by any means, so I'd be scared of what a good player can do with this. If it stays the same, this is my gun for the next release. the "smoke" trail going through people is distracting and was making me wonder if I hit the guy or not.

Pistol: much better with the ten round clip, it actually has a fair chance to win some 1v1's. I love it, very nice and balanced. The Akimbo is pro and feels more like a powerup, which is good. The added recoil still isn't a problem for it, compared to the crazy smg/ar recoil.
Thanks given by:
(21 Feb 11, 09:21PM)Nightmare Wrote: and as for weapon stuff. Only got to play bots in my 70 minutes of playtime.

WOW!

Thanks given by:
(22 Feb 11, 02:11AM)usesnipez Wrote:
(21 Feb 11, 09:21PM)Nightmare Wrote: and as for weapon stuff. Only got to play bots in my 70 minutes of playtime.

WOW!
wut? xD
Thanks given by:
tested it some more. Seems something like this.
Sniper>SMG>>Carbine>AR=Shotgun
Thanks given by:
If anything, AR>Shotgun.
Shotgun needs to get raised. Not to its current 1.1.0.4 level, but raised to make it useful.
Thanks given by:
(23 Feb 11, 12:59AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: If anything, AR>Shotgun.
Shotgun needs to get raised. Not to its current 1.1.0.4 level, but raised to make it useful.
lies.
Thanks given by:
Nightmare, are you serious?
Thanks given by:
the shotgun must be increased to full auto capability in order to satisfy ronald_reagan devs. DO AS HE COMMANDS! :P
Thanks given by:
(23 Feb 11, 03:17AM)|BC|Wolf Wrote: Nightmare, are you serious?

@ what?
Thanks given by:
At this.
Thanks given by:
(23 Feb 11, 04:06AM)Nightmare Wrote:
(23 Feb 11, 03:17AM)|BC|Wolf Wrote: Nightmare, are you serious?

@ what?

my "lies" comment was a joke.
But I don't agree with the AR>shotgun thing.
Shotgun kills it close range with a 1-2 hit kill.
AR wins mid-range
and this AR has trouble long range for some reason, possibly too much spread, hence both players would run away to meet up on closer terms. so equal :)
xD

I obviously agree with his "shotgun needs a boost" comment, seeing as how its tied with the AR in last on my personal power scale that I posted up there.
Thanks given by:
(10 Feb 11, 10:33AM)Fate Wrote: Hmm...personally, I'm fine with all the weapons. Except for the shotgun and the sniper + pistol combo.

1. I feel that the shotgun has lost its power, and like what RR said, it needs to be beefed up a bit.

2. Sniper + pistol combo = 1 shot with sniper, then 1 shot with pistol on an unarmoured opponent. Isn't that a bit overpowering?

1 sniper round + 1 pistol round... i dont know. It would suck if all the shotgun noobs turned to snipers and pistols... hard to say. That kind of combo can be pretty bad when used by the right people. I dont mind it taking two rounds to drop a guy. If you use cover, you probably only lose 25 hp for the one frag. Honestly, you just have to use your imagination a bit and make the guns effective the way they are sometimes. For ex, i would choose a knife over a shotgun, or even pistol, even though shotgun is seen as overpowered.

I use pretty much all of the weapons including the swiss and find theres an advantage to each weapon, but i do find the shotgun to be a bit much when there is an entire team of them. This basically turns maps like mines into a crouch around the corner with a shotgun kind of map instead of what it used to be. The only thing I would bring back is either a stronger grenade or a slightly faster spawn time. This would bring the assault back to assault cube and glorious amounts of gibs.
Thanks given by:
I'd rather have snipers pwn me with two shots (since that requires at least a little skill) than shotgunners become complacent with their "skill" in sitting and waiting for me to pop around a corner.
Still...
Getting pwned by a shotgun means you didn't dance good enough for Pancho Villa.
Thanks given by:
I didn't notice too much - I think the akimbo needs to be more realistic (slower shots), but make a pistol do more damage. A new pickup or weapon is really what is needed for the new version to take off - maybe a grenade launcher, rocket launcher, flamethrower, demolition charges/mines, or even a choice of pistol - say automatic, standard, or revolver (slower but more deadly).
Thanks given by:
(06 Mar 11, 05:47PM)Peatreed Wrote: I didn't notice too much - I think the akimbo needs to be more realistic (slower shots), but make a pistol do more damage. A new pickup or weapon is really what is needed for the new version to take off - maybe a grenade launcher, rocket launcher, flamethrower, demolition charges/mines, or even a choice of pistol - say automatic, standard, or revolver (slower but more deadly).

no
Thanks given by:
I'm gonna agree with gibstick on this one. all of the new weapons you mentioned would be too overpowered in AC. anyway, the combat pistol should be finished before any other weapons are added.
well, there is one thing i agree with: pistols. there should be a revolver as a alternate secondary weapon; slower and smaller clip, but more damage (possibly less accurate too)
Thanks given by:
I use the shotgun quite skillfully sometimes. The skilled user knows how to safely get behind his opponent by edge jumping, or maneuvering around the terrain. Of couse I normally screw that up.
Thanks given by:
(06 Mar 11, 09:24PM)Lantry Wrote: I'm gonna agree with gibstick on this one. all of the new weapons you mentioned would be too overpowered in AC. anyway, the combat pistol should be finished before any other weapons are added.
well, there is one thing i agree with: pistols. there should be a revolver as a alternate secondary weapon; slower and smaller clip, but more damage (possibly less accurate too)

is the "combat pistol" really being created?

F1 @revolver
Thanks given by:
Nightmare, it is in the source. As to if it is still getting developed, I will let a dev answer. AFAIK, its just collecting dust.
Thanks given by:
Mens congratulaions for more version, and i Liked the bomb version 1.0, the bomb killed 3, 4 people i liked this :) but its good version and i love AC

cya guys!
Thanks given by:
lolwut?
Thanks given by:
He says he liked the new nade.
Thanks given by: