Beta-Test Phase
Some of the CP (CombatPistols) has been undecided as of yet;
currently our concentration is practically soley on fixing the shotgun and being happy with the other screws we've fiddled with.
Then that should be released as the weapon-balance achievement that it will be;
after that the slate already is filling up with feature-additions (stuff like AUTH).
Well - first thing's first; if the shotty is gonna take a while longer, as is currently looking likely then we'll first have to release an interjected 1105 - a "no blink"-fix release - then move on with the balancing in a relaxed and efficient manner. We're not as close as we thought :-(
Thanks given by:
Bah!
Humbug!!
1104 is stable enough for me to wait for a really well-planned-out 1105.
Thanks given by:
Same for me Scrooge.
Thanks given by:
I want to download it SOOOO much! How is it?! My bandwidth wouldn't be happy after I tried to dl it. . . :(
Thanks given by:
(16 Mar 11, 06:24AM)flowtron Wrote: Some of the CP (CombatPistols) has been undecided as of yet;
currently our concentration is practically soley on fixing the shotgun and being happy with the other screws we've fiddled with.
Then that should be released as the weapon-balance achievement that it will be;
after that the slate already is filling up with feature-additions (stuff like AUTH).
Well - first thing's first; if the shotty is gonna take a while longer, as is currently looking likely then we'll first have to release an interjected 1105 - a "no blink"-fix release - then move on with the balancing in a relaxed and efficient manner. We're not as close as we thought :-(

Does this mean the Combat Pistol will be coming in the (somewhat far)future after balancing/features/etc. ?!
Thanks given by:
Nightmare: Like flowtron said, it's still undecided.
Thanks given by:
Yeah; I think we should wait for a really planned out version instead.
And call it version 1.2.
So it would be like a fresh start.
:L
Thanks given by:
What is the 'combat pistol' - and yes, you should work on the revolver, and maybe the MAC alternative pistols - like snowoak says, build some really fun stuff up, and release it later - even if it takes a while longer!
Thanks given by:
(back on topic)
@ devs
@when the nerfed beta shotgun gets re-buffed.
It should be closer to the Beta version than the OP current release's version.

Seeing more of them these days. Even whole teams(in pubs) with shotguns.
If it only gets a little toned down, the same people will keep using it anyways for the easy OHK. If its a little toned up from the beta version, it'll be just right and force a little bit more skill on the shotgunners :)

Thanks given by:
But what is the combat pistol?
Thanks given by:
I am not really sure (I don't think anyone is) but I have gotten the impression that it will be slow, but able to fire powerful bursts.
http://forum.cubers.net/thread-1167-post...l#pid19131

other than that, it is a mystery.
Thanks given by:
PM Ronald_Reagan. He fiddles with Combat Pistol on a private client from time to time.
Thanks given by:
I'll make a video?
Thanks given by:
That's a great idea. That would be cool!
Thanks given by:

I have no model for it, so I used the sub with a random sub skin that didn't work.
Thanks given by:
3 bursts to kill o_O
9 hit kill ftl!

Thanks given by:
You're supposed to use the normal pistol model \:D
Thanks given by:
With the Tigerstripe skin!!
Thanks given by:
Tigerstripe skin? I have never seen it!
I really didn't care about the looks when I built that package, just wanted to see my hudgun. The point is the weapon, not the model.
Thanks given by:
when the new version will be released?
Thanks given by:
When its ready.
No need to ask for any dates cos you want get it.
Thanks given by:
I understand .. but there is a prediction?

sorry my bad english.
Thanks given by:
prediction: sometime in the future

oh and that combatpistol looks sweeeeet
but in your vid do you mean 'unarmored' instead of 'unarmed'? though i do like the idea of having a gun that is stronger against new players :D

RR edit (to not spam thread): Hehe, lets just say he was unarmed.
Thanks given by:
Do not be rude. You're no better than anyone.

...testing 1.1.0.5
Thanks given by:
1Cap: Did you post in the wrong thread?
Thanks given by:
Haha, that's what I thought since it seems like theres nothing rude there :D
Thanks given by:
(01 Apr 11, 03:58AM)Lantry Wrote: though i do like the idea of having a gun that is stronger against new players :D
I think it was more of a misunderstanding of this.
Thanks given by:
... Any gun is strong against new players. That hasn't changed since the first release.
Thanks given by:
humm, combatpistol seems more like an assault rifle with bustfire/semi auto.

about the weapon model, can be something like a modified AR (carbine = sniper model without the scope).
exemple: ar without stock/gas tube, bigger barrel, smaller clip and with a trigger mecanism.

combat pistol need a new name, like a rifle, suport rifle.... we need ideas : P
Thanks given by:
The combat pistol will not be called a rifle, nor anything similar. It is a pistol, and it will be left like so.
Thanks given by: