[split] Map discussion
ac_snow is a fine map imho but yes rattrap is horrible gameplay.
Thanks given by:
rattrap is good in TDM(however, not much fun in other game modes, like ctf,sniper or survivar).
in my opinion, this is a limitation on the map as well as several official maps are limited, only good in certain game modes
exemple:rattrap for tdm, arctic for sniper, there are few really good maps in any game mode(like douze), however, I understand it is difficult to make a map like this.
Thanks given by:
Douze isn't good in all game modes.
*TF is fairly terrible on it.
Thanks given by:
You're right frogulis. The only modes douze is "fun" for are CTF TOSOK DM AND OSOK
Thanks given by:
(26 Jan 11, 02:59PM)SnowOak Wrote: Mod edit: split from weapon balance thread.

Hi all, this is not associated with balance in any way, though I had found no where else to post this for the devs to see it.

These are the maps I think should be placed in 1.1.0.5

Suggested by EVERYONE

- ac_ruinas by fetus & jiba <-- OSOK or CTF OR PARKOUR MODE TEEHEE

Please DEFINATELEY consider putting these maps into 1.1.0.5

Thanks given by:
Im oppressed in ac_rattrap , too mutch box and barels to jump on , paths not anough large , alway stuck on your mate with news hitboxs , always flyers on the ground and roadblocks on ways , roofs not anough high , always stuck in arches when i double-jump on box who stuck me...

Jump on the white and hit the green.

[Image: sans_t31.jpg]
yeah i forggot a green stick ... @MS.Paint :P

Thanks given by:
Mebbe those are not for jumping, but hiding.

*butt hiding.
Thanks given by:
ac_snow should probably be scrapped. It has some glitches (for instance you can climb the rocks on the right of RVSF and have your head go through an invisible wall). It's also not balanced in OSOK or TDM (it's biased to CLA). It doesn't seem as creative as the other maps either.

ac_arid should be kept as a 1v1 map but it's not suitable for CTF. It's just too biased (like ac_aqueous).

Finally, I agree with .ExodusS* with regard to ac_rattrap. It's doesn't allow for much nice movement. Indeed RVSF are easy to contain because they spawn in tight corridors with less shield (CLA has a shield and kevlar; RVSF only a kevlar).
Thanks given by:
(01 Jun 11, 02:54PM)Roflcopter Wrote: ac_snow should probably be scrapped. It has some glitches (for instance you can climb the rocks on the right of RVSF and have your head go through an invisible wall). It's also not balanced in OSOK or TDM (it's biased to CLA). It doesn't seem as creative as the other maps either.
That, it is a nice 1v1 map and whatever but it is so bias to CLA AND it is what, like the smallest map in the game. This map and scaffold I believe should be left out because who the hell plays them in clan matches and in publics :)
Thanks given by:
It might not be balanced in any team mode. But it works fine in OSOK and DM with a few people - which it is probably made for (same goes scaffold).

Thanks given by:
(01 Jun 11, 05:25PM)Apollo{TyD} Wrote: It might not be balanced in any team mode. But it works fine in OSOK and DM with a few people - which it is probably made for (same goes scaffold).

In OSOK it somewhat encourages camping due to its structure. It's not very popular either. I understand many people remember it from 0.93 but it just doesn't seem to be of the same standard of other maps now.
Thanks given by:
I like a nice game of T/DM on rattrap and scaffold with clan-mates and friends...

But I do think that some of the spawns need to be fixed in rattrap (particularly CLA).
Thanks given by:
Is FFA in rattrap a done thing?
Haven't seen it enough to tell whether anybody plays DM on it...
Thanks given by:
rattrap is more of an FFA only kinda map, but I suppose it works with TDM (and possibly TOSOK?)

small dm rattrap with good players = lots of funs
Thanks given by:
Agreed with Apollo and Buk, I mean seriously guys who says official maps have to be played in all modes...all the small maps are just that small. Ain't nothing wrong with that, they were obviously made with a few modes in mind and a set number of players(my map scaffold).
Though in Snow I would like if the rocks were blocked off, other than that its fine. Also when are we gonna see some of Apollo's maps in the official release?
Thanks given by:
Apollo's maps are rather clean, and don't fit with the "an earthquake just hit your map so its really run down and ugly" theme. Good, fun maps though. I wouldn't mind if one or so got into the official release. ;)
Thanks given by:
I doubt he would remove apollo_ prefix but whatever. If i check who has there official map... :D, i think it will be under his level... he has full server without this candy ...
Thanks given by:
Yeah...                 ...rather...               ...clean. :P
[Image: AEr6Hs.jpg]         [Image: RmVY0s.jpg]          [Image: g3RYRs.jpg]
apollo_desertcity    apollo_arabicnight    apollo_castle
I think the reason/s for the exclusion of Apollo's maps must be a much longer story.
Thanks given by:
Looks pretty clean for the most part ;)
Of course, ac_power, etc. are also clean and tidy. :)
Thanks given by:
arabicnight could be added to the official release. Apollo's other maps are still great, but cater towards a different kind of gameplay than most AC maps. castle, facility, and desertcity are mainly large public match games with "arena" style layouts ( about the large open spaces ).
Thanks given by:
It is a bit crazy that maps like rat trap are official and none of Apollo's. But then again, AC's community does enjoy its politics. Spend enough time puckering up and one day it will be your turn to bend over instead.
Thanks given by:
O.o

I hope not.
Thanks given by:
Viper, you don't see it because you don't want to see it
CMON SHEEPLE GET YOR HEDS OUTTA YOUR BUTS IST A CONSPIRASIE!!!!!!!
Thanks given by:
(03 Jun 11, 04:13AM)Viper Wrote: arabicnight could be added to the official release. Apollo's other maps are still great, but cater towards a different kind of gameplay than most AC maps. castle, facility, and desertcity are mainly large public match games with "arena" style layouts ( about the large open spaces ).

Public map.
Thanks given by:
(01 Jun 11, 04:56PM)Xenon Wrote: That, it is a nice 1v1 map and whatever but it is so bias to CLA AND it is what, like the smallest map in the game. This map and scaffold I believe should be left out because who the hell plays them in clan matches and in publics :)

HOW DARE YOU
Did you ever see Foo and I pwn fools in TS scaffold back in the day? Huh? Did you?
I THOUGHT NOT
Thanks given by:
(04 Jun 11, 12:11AM)Lantry Wrote: Viper, you don't see it because you don't want to see it

I took the blue pill. I get to believe what I want to believe.

Thanks given by:
I often play ac_scafold , it's a good/fun map who have is place in the maprot. u_u
And what about ac_wasteland? I played it in HTF or in Tsurv so mutch on 1.0 (in CM or fun inters)
Thanks given by:
wasteland used to be a popular TOSOK map back in the day. That's how I remember playing it.
Thanks given by:
Wasteland looks a bit boring, but it does work surprisingly well in HTF and PF. I had it in my maprot for a long time, but I really wish it would be re-released with a bit more eye-candy (and by that I don't mean filling the whole thing with boxes and obstacles so you can no longer move).
Thanks given by:
ac_bank
ac_avenue
ac_victorian
ac_derb

These are the maps I want to see become official
Thanks given by: