[split] Map discussion
(13 Feb 11, 02:35AM).ExodusS* Wrote: +90% of players play public)?

Not necessarily, all i'm seeing these days are.
ac_riflecampers
Headshotcity 003
gemas
tosok

Oh and the other pubs which have official maps on, i get 400+ ping D:
Thanks given by:
No lol , i just wana say that public/match is different , match map are not had to have a good public gameplay.
So , officials maps shouldn't have to be good in publig and match in the same time.
ac_iceroad/ac_arabian are very good public maps but it's not match maps (in my point of view).
Thanks given by:
I don’t see the added value in adding more maps to the official package. There are so many decent custom maps out there. It is my opinion even if you included a load of them in the package it wouldn’t result in them being played any more than they are now. As flowtron has already shown it’s quite obvious the few maps which are popular at the moment.

I believe the power is in the hands of server owners what maps get played the most. However, server owners have different opinions about what would make a good maprot. And then their are the vote settings.....

I think most maps in the package are commonly played in the public arena, more so than in clan matches. I would have thought most clan matches are played as private games where choice of map isn’t an issue.

It would be really nice to see server owners show off their maprots and what custom maps and modes they have compiled.
Thanks given by:
jiba: use your serverbrowser - when a server is selected, press F9 - then M. Tadaa - you see the maprot :-)
Thanks given by:
flowtron, I am aware of how to see a servers maprot online, my wish is to see server owners showcase their maprot here as a way of presenting ideas.
Thanks given by:
Can't hurt to add in all of those maps as officials :D
Thanks given by:
ac_desert ac_douze , it's more player by vote than by the maprot.
1 minutes remaining ac_desert T-OSOK , unarmed called a vote (T-OSOK ac_desert) 7-F1 1-F2...
Thanks given by:
I don't see why dust isn't an official map. It's one of my favorites from old-school AC, is there a way to get it into the official maps?
Thanks given by:
there are several servers that have mixed custom and official in their maprot, and some have more custom than official.

the thing is people dont want to sit waiting in an empty server that has a nice custom maprot, for people to come. so they leave and the server never gets started.

the people who really want those servers to be populated, need to sacrifice and stay in that server to get it started.
Thanks given by:
(18 Feb 11, 10:52PM)Boomhauer Wrote: I don't see why dust isn't an official map. It's one of my favorites from old-school AC, is there a way to get it into the official maps?
Its not an official map because it is a rip off of a Counter Strike map. Guess it would be a copyright infringement :\
Thanks given by:
Ya, I know it is.... I played CS before AC... Maybe thats why I like it so much. :)
Thanks given by:
(14 Feb 11, 09:45PM)CyberKlown28 Wrote: Can't hurt to add in all of those maps as officials :D

hell yea it can.
Thanks given by:
(30 Jan 11, 11:40AM).ExodusS* Wrote: In MY point of view (i won't have enemys) :

First , official maps = match map.
It mean that : public/pub maps should be official.
For me : ...
-ac_arabian
-ac_rattrap
... are public maps.

All maps i writed are very good maps with good designs etc...but ac_arabian is huge and not really playable in match (maybe better in HTF or T-KTF) , i'm sure that i hadn't fun to play match on it (sorry Jiba).

Remove it from the official package then = result + everyone is happy - yeah
Thanks given by:
I haven't played ac_arabian in ages. With the snarfed mac version and all. (yes, I know I can fix it). I always thought it was a lovely map. However, I can see how it might not be good for a 1v1-3v3.
Thanks given by:
ac_arabian is a very nice map
Thanks given by:
Closely related, apollo_arabicnight is hecka fun.
Thanks given by:
ac_arabian is awesome fun in ctf/htf dudes Expecially when there's 4-6 people on each team
Thanks given by:
ac_arid TDM or CTF is complete ownage!
Thanks given by:
not a fan of scaffold/rattrap/snow/arid/douze

Wouldn't mind the official map package to jump to 30(or more) for the next release ;3
Thanks given by:
(26 Feb 11, 07:01PM)V-Man Wrote: ac_arid TDM or CTF is complete ownage!

Again The V is right
Thanks given by:
I love(love love love) ac_derb so please include that :D

Anyways, what about ac_parkour?
Thanks given by:
Both aren't quite in the style of AC I'm afraid. ac_derb is more fitting than ac_parkour. However I do like some matches on them.
Thanks given by:
I do too, but I'd think they both we're intended mostly for tosok
Thanks given by:
(05 Mar 11, 01:03AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: Both aren't quite in the style of AC I'm afraid. ac_derb is more fitting than ac_parkour. However I do like some matches on them.
That's just what I liked about them. It's nice to have a variety imo
Thanks given by:
I agree with Josiah. I think each official map should offer very different suggested gameplay styles so that they are more unique from each other. You know, like how ac_douze is arena-styled while ac_avenue allows for some good vertical gameplay.

No two maps should play the same way.
Thanks given by:
F1 @ swamp, zanka, avenue, both casa's...
Thanks given by:
ac_mojave2 - by Andrez

It's on the DES|Biohazard server. I found it today.

Edit: All of the maps on the DES|Biohazard server should be in the next ver.
Thanks given by:
ac_mojave and ac_mojave2 are on DES|Biohazard (/connect biohazard.des-clan.net)
So are the maps from Assault Cube mapping contest.
Thanks given by:
+1 from me for ac_mojave2, ac_swamp, ac_terros, ac_zanka and ac_venganza1.1
What's this 'stellar' map that has been mentioned? I have never seen/heard of it until I read this thread.
Thanks given by:
consider this map?
:)

OH! Red zone by road runner, it's EPIC!
Thanks given by: