[split] Map discussion
I honestly don't see why people are bashing rattrap, it's a quite nice map, I remember it as the first ever map I played on multiplayer mode.
Thanks given by:
take ac_douze and my map ac_arabian out and you will go some way to imaprove the current game play!
Thanks given by:
wat? arabian rocks
Thanks given by:
Unfortunately quite underplayed in the pubs :(
Thanks given by:
same in match.
Thanks given by:
* Nightmare likes arabian and douze. hates rattrap.
Thanks given by:
I, personally, don't like ac_urban and think it should be removed.

Visually, it seems a bit off-par with the other official maps. It's very plain-looking in a lot of places, and it is lit way too dark for its skymap.

As far as layout is concerned, its corridors are very cramped in places, and it's too unbalanced. There's two entrances into the RVSF base, one of which requires you to defenselessly climb a ladder/jump up a pile of crates, and the other which is a narrow bridge. This is much unlike the CLA base, which is just two wide doors on opposite sides of the room.
Thanks given by:
(10 Jun 11, 11:43AM).ExodusS* Wrote: same in match.

lol, you really don't like that map. All maps which I have made were always intended for public offensive display of 10+ players.
Thanks given by:
Imo this is one more example for a useless thread. As a matter of fact the decision which map is becoming part of the official package is up to the devs. They chose them based on their own criteria (which we can only divine) or taste or whatever else. Therefore - we can discuss the pro and contras of every map here till the next six months, but this won't change the said fact. So, if no one of the devs who are responsible for selecting, adding (and maybe removing) a concrete discussed map is giving a commitment, this is all will going to nothing.

I hope that this makes clear how big the chances for all of these suggestions really are.

Sry 4 my grammar
Thanks given by:
True, there was an irony intended in my recent posts, I shall try not post again. Apollo I believe you are correct and have always concluded the same opinion. The choice is always going to be a subjective one. I Praise those who host servers which host a great custom map rotations! You know the ones.
Thanks given by:
I wish those kind of maprots were more infectious amongst server owners. :\
Thanks given by:
(10 Jun 11, 09:31PM)VenteX Wrote: I, personally, don't like ac_urban and think it should be removed.

SHAME ON YOU MR.VENTEX !

Thanks given by:
Jiba, arabian has always been one of my favorite maps to play on pubs. I can see how it might not be perfect for a match but I definitely like it. Additionally your map venganza should be added to the official package as well.

On a different note:
(11 Jun 11, 12:35AM)jiba Wrote: I Praise those who host servers which host a great custom map rotations! You know the ones.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

connect eq-pandora.tk 6666
Thanks given by:
I definately agree with derb, komplex and the casa maps being in 1.1.0.5, they were some of the first maps I played, back on the hanze osok servers... good times. Also I'd like to see ravenstein in there as well :)
Thanks given by:
@hellspell. Never heard of ravenstein. Sounds cool o.O
Thanks given by:
What about ac_rave_party?
Thanks given by:
(11 Jun 11, 02:30AM).ExodusS* Wrote:
(10 Jun 11, 09:31PM)VenteX Wrote: I, personally, don't like ac_urban and think it should be removed.
SHAME ON YOU MR.VENTEX !

What?! I think I listed some perfectly good reasons for it to be removed. It may have been good before, but now all of the newer maps are blowing it away. :P

(11 Jun 11, 03:17AM)Viper Wrote: Jiba, arabian has always been one of my favorite maps to play on pubs. I can see how it might not be perfect for a match but I definitely like it. Additionally your map venganza should be added to the official package as well.

ac_avenue by jiba!! Seriously, am I the only one who totally loves this map?! :-@

(11 Jun 11, 03:52PM)Viper Wrote: What about ac_rave_party?

-ehemm- skip to 1:26 for the rave party
Thanks given by:
I'd like to see Avenue and Terros as official maps in future releases.

I checked out the 3 maps which will be added to the official list and I'd only like to see Industrial become official out of those maps. Edifice is aight but I wouldn't like to see it become official. I never played on Stellar but I don't like the map at all (sorry for the harsh words).

If maps are going to be removed form the official list in the future, I'd appreciate it if the following one's are taken into consideration: Arabian, Arid, Rattrap and Scaffold.
Thanks given by:
(21 Jun 11, 10:25PM)Aight Wrote: Edifice is aight

No pun intended? xD

(21 Jun 11, 10:25PM)Aight Wrote: If maps are going to be removed form the official list in the future, I'd appreciate it if the following one's are taken into consideration: Arabian, Arid, Rattrap and Scaffold.

Y U NO LIST URBAN
Thanks given by:
How about we don't remove any map, hum? ;-)
Removing maps isn't a good idea at all, imo. Players who hav practiced in such maps wouldn't be happy.
Thanks given by:
ac_wasteland :[
Thanks given by:
I agree with titi.
What was this thread actually about originally?
* Frogulis checks
I do believe the thread was originally about adding maps to the official set.
I really see nothing to be gained from taking maps out.

@VenteX: What I said above, although I understand what you are saying. I don't think I've ever played as CLA on ac_urban (for some weird turn of fate) so I can't really judge it properly. RVSF base seems to be annoyingly easy to base camp. However, it is still a fun map that has its own unique bits.
Thanks given by:
No taking maps out. :(
If one of my maps was official then got taken out, I'd rage and blow up AC.

Thanks given by:
I have to agree with Aight about the new official maps. Industrialies is quite enjoyable but a bit artistically confused, but the other two don't seem to have been included based on the quality of gameplay.

At the point when maps are included based purely on the desire to gain favour with particular map makers, not on their popularity within the community, the future doesn't look good for AC.
Thanks given by:
(22 Jun 11, 06:55PM)Bloodsport Wrote: I have to agree with Aight about the new official maps. Industrialies is quite enjoyable but a bit artistically confused, but the other two don't seem to have been included based on the quality of gameplay.

At the point when maps are included based purely on the desire to gain favour with particular map makers, not on their popularity within the community, the future doesn't look good for AC.

Yer, it was made in one night when we were very drunk so the design of the layout and aesthetics got a little bit fucked up. Infact there was no direction, just pure randum acts of decisions and artistic direction. Also Brett, Sanzo and myself all have different artistic preferences. Brett enjoys Avant-garde while Sanzo proclaims that Neo-dada is the only true art form. I myself tend to lean towards Post-modernism, but the mix ended up in a map style we could only describe as Naïve-art.

Our vision: In an industrial area of an urban town in the north of France the CLA terrorists have occupied the water treatment works and have been planning to poison the water in order to control the local area. The RVSF are fighting back with the aim to remove them and put an end to the area being a risk in the future.

We think industrial style, therefore it is!
Thanks given by:
I love industrial, but i must admit lightning sometimes looks messed; maybe it's just me.
Thanks given by:
Why yes, sometimes I enjoy playing a of the map as known industrialies, but sometimes just feel away. We argue, but accomplish only breaking the of and each other's hearts. Media/map packs are necessary for and of the all maps wanted by everyone, no room in official package for the map.
Thanks given by:
jiba Wrote:randum
teehee.

A map shouldn't be looked at more as art than as a map. Confusing the two can lead to silly arguments.
But, yes, to a large extent, they are also works of art.
Thanks given by:
(21 Jun 11, 10:25PM)Aight Wrote: I checked out the 3 maps which will be added to the official list and I'd only like to see Industrial become official out of those maps. Edifice is aight but I wouldn't like to see it become official. I never played on Stellar but I don't like the map at all (sorry for the harsh words).

I thought again about Industrial, it's a very tricky map. Public gameplay feels nice on it - thanks to TyD for including it in their rotation :) - but I think inters / cm's could be very confusing, it's a large map with a lot of places to hide.

(22 Jun 11, 12:17AM)VenteX Wrote:
(21 Jun 11, 10:25PM)Aight Wrote: If maps are going to be removed form the official list in the future, I'd appreciate it if the following one's are taken into consideration: Arabian, Arid, Rattrap and Scaffold.

Y U NO LIST URBAN

I think Urban is a nice map. Inters / cm's are always exciting there and public gameplay feels also aight :)
Thanks given by:
Arabian is also a very nice map. While yes, few CMs or inters are played there, it's a great pub map.
Thanks given by: