Ideas
Well you can't really play COMBAT ARMS any more...
Thanks given by:
huh!?
Why not?
I liked CA.
Thanks given by:
(10 Jul 10, 07:46AM)DrauL Wrote: huh!?
Why not?
I liked CA.
Nothing, actually. Just me rambling about something.
Thanks given by:
We need a thread we can just link to that says "stop comparing AssaultCube to other games."
Thanks given by:
http://woop.us/what-makes-the-games-suck#newcomers
Even though they always have the best interests in heart.
Thanks given by:
D:
We want them to stop comparing the game to other games,
we don't want them to cut themselves!
Thanks given by:
make the bots in one player, stop sticking to me.
Thanks given by:
the entire bot thing must be revised, imo... but this is a lot of hard work...
Thanks given by:
Option to create a custom window/menu, similar to the window in the lower right that displays graphics stats. Could be used in conjunction with scripts(Psuedo-accuracy for example) to display information relevant to the user.

!command functionality.
Thanks given by:
I'd like to just see a [real] accuracy on the scoreboard.
Thanks given by:
Damn V-man, that would be amazing.
Thanks given by:
mdlscale_x, mdlscale_y, and mdlscale_z would be nice. mdlrotate_x, mdlrotate_y, mdlrotate_z as well.
Thanks given by:
Scaling separate axes is not a good idea imho, since it will lead to stretched textures. I really see no model that would benefit from individual axis scaling.
Thanks given by:
Cindy Crawford.
Thanks given by:
mdlscale_x, mdlscale_y, and mdlscale_z were meant as alternatives to primitives.

/reset command to return the texture and heightfield of selected cubes to their default state.

Define clip entity size by length, width, and height, not radius.
Thanks given by:
I would like to be able to make maps that have multiple flags per team so each team would have to defend two locations and can steal from two locations.
Thanks given by:
I know some cool stuff you could have. simple things though.

a title screen? like, instead of starting in that map have it so you have a title screen then you select the options. could have the logo up and stuff. with music!
Thanks given by:
Kinda like Urban Terror or CS?
Thanks given by:
Ability to specify what weapons bots may and may not use.
Thanks given by:
(15 Jul 10, 11:52PM)|BC|Wolf Wrote: Kinda like Urban Terror or CS?
LOL

(16 Jul 10, 12:54AM)Mael Wrote: Ability to specify what weapons bots may and may not use.
Yeah! Maybe another argument in "addbot" or "addnbot"?
Thanks given by:
(16 Jul 10, 01:32AM)DES|V-Man Wrote:
(16 Jul 10, 12:54AM)Mael Wrote: Ability to specify what weapons bots may and may not use.
Yeah! Maybe another argument in "addbot" or "addnbot"?

You could use the weapon numbers found here as the next argument.
Thanks given by:
(16 Jul 10, 02:33AM)DrauL Wrote: You could use the weapon numbers found here as the next argument.

docident [addnbot] [will add a given count of bots for the given team with the given skill and select random names for them.];

docargument [C] [count] [] [0];

docargument [T] [team] [] [0];

docargument [S] [skill] [best,good,medium,worse OR bad] [0];

No.
Thanks given by:
What?
I meant if they add another argument to choose their weps.
Thanks given by:
I know that transparent mapmodels, and so glassy things may not be introduced, but what if they would use the same system as the one used when a player is on lag (when it becomes transparent and stands at attention)....?
Thanks given by:
Minor complaint - The sniper scope is a decagonal cylinder; the insta scope is a dodecagonal cylinder. I suggest making them match, preferably by making the sniper scope 12 sided.

It also looks like some polygons could be removed from the insta model- portions of the scope, the end of the barrel, etc. This is all dependent on the animations of the gun of course and whether there will be reload animations. I reduced it from 378 triangles to 276.
Thanks given by:
There are a lot of cool ideas here, but it seems like we should address some issues that are more essential to dealing with cheaters and other abuse, before worrying about new features:
  • When you propose a vote to kick someone, you have to include a reason.
  • When someone is kicked, they are automatically banned for say, 10 minutes.
  • Something to keep out the worst of the really obvious cheaters. For example, you are automatically kicked if you gib more than 5 people within 3 seconds, or if you gib more than 1 person at a time, without a grenade.
  • If you're kicked from a server more than say, 3 times in < 10 minutes, you're banned for 24 hours (or some other penalty).
  • You're automatically kicked if you tk more than 3 times. (I seem to recall that this was available as a per server setting, but if so, why does it seem no one uses it?)
  • View total # of tks on score board.

Also, some less important but useful features:
  • You can change your vote after you've cast it.
  • Disallow name changes in game.
  • Remove fog command. New, and even not so new players don't know about it, and are playing at a big disadvantage on large maps.
Thanks given by:
Another sidearm, I'd like one that's really accurate (I'm talking something around AR accurate), but is gimped in other ways. Though I don't know how accurate the current SVN pistol is so IDK if a even more accurate pistol would make any sense, but another sidearm would be a nice idea IMO.
Thanks given by:
anywaste: Many of those features exist and others are already in 1.1.
Thanks given by:
(17 Jul 10, 12:32AM)JMM Wrote: Another sidearm, I'd like one that's really accurate (I'm talking something around AR accurate), but is gimped in other ways. Though I don't know how accurate the current SVN pistol is so IDK if a even more accurate pistol would make any sense, but another sidearm would be a nice idea IMO.

Maybe instead, a machine pistol. MP kills faster if you're facing enemies with 100 hp, but if they're on lower health, Pistol would kill quicker.
Thanks given by:
Single-player demos. Slightly different format, maybe even different extensions, to distinguish them from multiplayer demos.

Hardcode official mapmodel configs.
Thanks given by: