Ideas
(22 Jun 10, 09:13AM)Orynge Wrote: Maybe there could be server weapon options, such as SMG and Assault Rifles only?
i wish that too :)
Thanks given by:
Balance the brightness of CLA and RVSF skins. As of now, RVSF has a clear advantage hiding in dark corners.

Possibly disable AFK kicks while the text prompt is open, or increase the length of time before a player is kicked.
Thanks given by:
(22 Jun 10, 08:18PM)Mael Wrote: Balance the brightness of CLA and RVSF skins. As of now, RVSF has a clear advantage hiding in dark corners.
Make the CLA skin darker, that would be one.
Or, the the RVSF skin lighter.
Thanks given by:
Here's an idea to think about..
What about being able to set up different crosshairs for each weapon? Since the sniper rifle can use its own crosshair, I can imagine it would be possible to implement.

I just like the idea of setting up wider crosshairs for less accurate weapons, or using a wide circle for the shotgun, etc.

Anyone else think this is a good idea?
Thanks given by:
I think that's (^above^) is great, a bit Halo-like except you get to choose the crosshairs.
Thanks given by:
more official maps
Thanks given by:
(22 Jun 10, 11:06PM)RIPBillyMays Wrote: Here's an idea to think about..
What about being able to set up different crosshairs for each weapon? Since the sniper rifle can use its own crosshair, I can imagine it would be possible to implement.

I just like the idea of setting up wider crosshairs for less accurate weapons, or using a wide circle for the shotgun, etc.

And an addition, when you run the crosshair goes wider...
Cuz it's harder to aim when you're walking / running
Thanks given by:
Quote:Yes, let's! Then we can also add every weapon we want, with detailed damage, range and other statistics for each. We can also add a point system so we can buy upgrades to our weapons, eg "Faster reload time". And when you snipe, we should make the scope sway. And then there's a button to hold your breath. Let's add a "run" key too, which makes your weapon unavailable but you can sprint. AssaultCube will have such a huuuge community after this.
http://woop.us/what-makes-the-games-suck
Thanks given by:
go away troll
Thanks given by:
Fix the placement of the 8x8 platform mapmodel. Occasionally it will be placed about 1/4 to 1/3 of a cube below it's correct location.

Revamp the way clippings are created. Selecting a width of 1 makes a clip 2 cubes wide. Place clips similar to the way mapmodels are placed; relative to the angle the user is facing.

Add a message and/or voicecom announcing the winning team at the end of each game.

Fix the "Your map differs from the server's map. Please download or disconnect." menu so that it actually requires players to download the map or disconnect.
Thanks given by:
(22 Jun 10, 11:06PM)RIPBillyMays Wrote: Here's an idea to think about..

http://cubers.net/docs/reference.xml#ide...dcrosshair

Quote:Loads a crosshair for a specific weapon of - if the weapon argument is omitted or <0 - for all weapons.
Thanks given by:
another idea just poped up my head when i got owned with bunch shotgun. we can add a choice of which weapon is restricted in this round (like shotgun).
Thanks given by:
(27 Jun 10, 12:33AM)pwned Wrote: another idea just poped up my head when i got owned with bunch shotgun. we can add a choice of which weapon is restricted in this round (like shotgun).
I actually like the idea of custom weapon sets for each round, but your justification is very poor IMO. If you get owned, learn a way not to.
Thanks given by:
ya i figured that if i use shotgun they would be pwned :D
Thanks given by:
Team LSS :D
Thanks given by:
Yeah, team versions of all the solo modes.
Thanks given by:
What about an option for server owners to disallow the vote of the map that has just been played ?
Thanks given by:
As JMM said, a mode where the weapons will be random every round for ex Team Survival.
One might team might start with knife and the other with pistol, meeting SMG and Sniper in 2v2.
So you better hope for better luck next round and come up with a tactic killing the opps very fast =)
Ambush or whatever..
This way you have to learn tactics very fast..and i think it might be something positive.
Thanks given by:
Concerning that (^^^),
Maybe just random primary weapons.
Thanks given by:
Enable /screenshot to be entered while menus are open. Currently, the only way I know of to take a screenshot of a menu is to exit fullscreen, Alt+PrtScn, paste into Paint, save, and enter fullscreen again.
Thanks given by:
(29 Jun 10, 05:24AM)Mael Wrote: Enable /screenshot to be entered while menus are open...
F12 works for me. If you don't have/can't use F12, just bind screenshot to another key.
Thanks given by:
Z works for me.
Thanks given by:
I think Mael wants the menus to be auto-hidden, the screenshot taken, then the menu shown again after. I did a simple bit of cubescript when implementing a screenshot menuitem into a common commands menu I wrote:

alias menu_screeny [
   (closemenu [Common-Commands])
   (sleep 200 [screenshot])
   (sleep 300 [showmenu Common-Commands])
]

alias menu_cleany [
   (closemenu [Common-Commands])
   (sleep 200 [cleanshot])
   (sleep 300 [showmenu Common-Commands])
]

Maybe something like that could be worked into 1.1 when trying to take a screenshot with a menu open? Maybe an autohide autoshow kinda thing?
Thanks given by:
You really should focus on gameplay instead of useless features. Ctf is the heart of the game, try to improve that. More weapon is useless. Adding classes would be nice, like a medic who is weaker but can heal teammates. Try to add more strategy to the game.
Thanks given by:
why would there be a need for a medic, if there are health packs and helmet/armour combinations?

the game is pickup oriented for item timing strategy, lets keep it that way :p
Thanks given by:
I know we have an Akimbo, but what about a quad damage : >
Thanks given by:
ah yeah, still thinking of et, forgot the medpacks.

nanyway i was always pretty statisfied with ac. Couple things should be improved imo;

-The advantage of the lag nade, altough i think this would be hard to fix and i have no clue how.

-Increase the spawntime of nades abit, so you cant spam 24/7 anymore.

-Make the pubs smaller so newbs can learn the gameplay better. 12 shud be the max.

-dont ban players without evidence.

-A ladder to encourage clan competition. Just like the 1on1 ladder there once was, but then with 3on3 ctf clans.

-smg&pistol&ar headshots :) with this the gameplay will be faster (faster kills) and good aimers will rewarded.
Thanks given by:
(29 Jun 10, 07:58AM)jamz Wrote: F12 works for me. If you don't have/can't use F12, just bind screenshot to another key.

Doesn't work. I've had it bound to various keys for years, never worked. Are you playing on Mac?
Thanks given by:
A built-in auto-client logging feature, with possibly the ability to choose the format of the time stampped file names of the logs, preferrably have AC create a new log with every single session - no more of this complicated:

FOR /f "tokens=2-4 delims=/ " %%a in ('date /t') do (set date=%%a-%%b-%%c)
FOR /f "tokens=1-3 delims=: " %%a in ('time /t') do (set time=%%a%%b-%%c)

bin_win32\ac_client.exe --home="?MYDOCUMENTS?\AssaultCube" --init %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 >> clientlog\clientlog-%date%-%time%.txt

Stuff. :p

P.S. That is the bat script for exactly this feature request on Windows, you must have a folder named clientlog within your AC installation prior to using it. Thanks again Freddo for writing it. :)
Thanks given by:
Idea: would it be possible to have playerskins associated with players' nationalities? They should be recognized by some geolocation system...
Thanks given by: