Weapon Balance and Gameplay Discussion
What kind of skill needs the AR?, it's a simple weapon to use and due to the power it's just a pwning weapon, still if you can master it once you can do it again am i wrong?
Thanks given by:
AR needs good pc-skills :P for a boy like me who plays with 30 fps maximum plus laggy screen on netbook automatic weapons are useless
Thanks given by:
It literally took me three months to get comfortable with recoil handling on SMG, I am sure AR is going to be even more that way.
Thanks given by:
Assault Rifle/SMG/Carbine are all perfect.
The sniper should not get any stronger, its absolute beast when used correctly, depending on map usually.
Shotgun needs some more spread yeah. Its everywhere and kind of annoying.
Eveerything else is fine, just more spread on that shotty =o
Thanks given by:
I think that the sniper should have a slightly faster rate of fire if its going to have a damage amount like it currently has
Thanks given by:
I said it before and i say it again: The only problem IMO is the shotgun.
Its to powerful.
Lower the power just a bit and increase the spread of pellets.

Then it will be good.

Can devs or someone update (or make a new) «the guide to use/install SVN»??
Thanks given by:
We are working on the shotgun :) It just takes a bit of time still. We are running into oddities that go down to the core of the engine really. All I can tell you is that the current (and old shotgun) are both not really working at all. We are redoing the code completely at the moment.
Thanks given by:
OpenSource, I think the SVN guide should still be up to date.
Thanks given by:
(10 Dec 10, 11:58PM)makkE Wrote: We are working on the shotgun :) It just takes a bit of time still. We are running into oddities that go down to the core of the engine really. All I can tell you is that the current (and old shotgun) are both not really working at all. We are redoing the code completely at the moment.

sounds good :D
Shotgun is my only real problem with the weapons.
Thanks given by:
Btw, are there any plans, or possibilities of new primary weapons in the future?
Thanks given by:
change the nades back
Thanks given by:
yar! By the way, the only way I'd get you that Mouton Rothschild 1945 is if I brought it to you personally so that I could see the 2 nades returned and the 2 points per gib. And so I could drink some of course. So if yee would kindly point me toward where to acquire some of this stuff, and the cheaper, under 200 dollar kind, we'll be good to go. :)
Thanks given by:
http://www.wine-searcher.com/find/mouton...child/1945
http://www.klwines.com/detail.asp?sku=951342

Apparently, one sold at the low low price of only $4,000! http://www.winecommune.com/lot.cfm/wine/...53846.html

So, basically, it'll take somewhere between $4,000 and $16,000 to convince the devs to devolve the nades. :-P
Thanks given by:
16 grand to get your "nades" "devolved". Steep.
Thanks given by:
2 frags per nadegib only if 3 frags for headshot and knifing -.-
Thanks given by:
(13 Dec 10, 05:55PM)R4P.UbL1Kk Wrote: 2 frags per nadegib only if 3 frags for headshot and knifing -.-

ONLY if we get 5 frags for shooting a bullet. We good?
Thanks given by:
(13 Dec 10, 05:55PM)R4P.UbL1Kk Wrote: 2 frags per nadegib only if 3 frags for headshot and knifing -.-

looks like you haven't been here that long ^^
(13 Dec 10, 12:59AM)CyberKlown28 Wrote: Btw, are there any plans, or possibilities of new primary weapons in the future?

did you take a look at the Carabine?, that was new a total change from AC 1.0 to 1.1 a new weapon means that we need to have this talk all over again to even the new gun with the ones we allready have, so i don't think that another weapon can help right now :)

Thanks given by:
The carbine is a nice addition, and very balanced. Doing a great job with balance(even if people want a million grenades) so I don't see why these devs can't make more, cooler, still balanced weapons :D
Thanks given by:
Because it's not just making the weapon, it's how this weapon impacts on the others as i cas see you haven't been here that long to know that in 1.0.4 we used to have 2 nades and each nade counted as 2frags such as a Headshot or a slash, that new weapon (the carabine) changed AC a lot, the gameplay changed, and for that weapon to work, the devs had to adjust the other weapons all of them.

The Sniper.
The SMG.
The AR. and
The Shotgun.

All of them changed forever and we are still trying to balance them, that's rhe whole meaning of this tread, to balance the weapons and by than help balance the game :)
Thanks given by:
Its the most balanced fps I've played. Only the shotgun is a little OP. :D
At least the game has good devs who work hard to keep the game great.
<3
Thanks given by:
(13 Dec 10, 11:34PM)jAcKRoCk* Wrote:

looks like you haven't been here that long ^^

i'm playing ac enough to know that you can't compare a nadegib to a headshot/knifegib. looks like you haven't gained much experience in the time i've seen you playing.
Thanks given by:
Lol it can be compared, and you can ask anyone how hard it is to master a nade, not just trow it and see what happens, that's why we want to get our 2 frags back or the 2 nades again, and sorry i don't remember playing with you ;)
Thanks given by:
I agree that headshots and knife gibs should count more than a nade gib.

However, 2 frags per headshots, knife and nade gib is the more balanced option IMO.
Thanks given by:
Besides you are here since this december, you can't put my experience on the line sorry.
Thanks given by:
(15 Dec 10, 10:38PM)jAcKRoCk* Wrote: Besides you are here since this december

sure about that?
Thanks given by:
Yup Joined Dec 2010 10post xD anyways this isn't about you and me and i think there's nothing wrong with the 2 frags nades, but it's cool the way they are now maybe just add a bit more power.
Thanks given by:
I wouldn't mind these alternatives:
- staying with one nade, but increase the power (amount of damage caused)
- returning to the 2 nades but reducing the power just a little, and enlarging the radius

Thanks given by:
i like the one nade thing but with a bit more power!!
Thanks given by:
I think AC needs a chaingun that you can only use if you pay $5 a month.
And then you get unlimited nades and 100 armor at spawn too.
:D
Thanks given by:
That is...
Brilliant.
Thanks given by: