1.1.0.3 Release
i agree but i just cant pin point what it is that made 1.0.4 special to me, is it the graphics? they dont look that much different...

anyway to me, i guess i need baby steps to ease me out of it,eventually...
Thanks given by:
As for new maps, come on, we were all noobs once, and were willing to learn all those maps in order to get better at the game. Don't tell me that willingness has gone away!
Thanks given by:
yep it has. i dont find some of the new maps fun. i like the knew ice one believe its iceroad.

@smg: ya man, there is something about 1.1 that just keeps me playing it. like stated before, if feels smoother and a harder to get into. on 1.1.0.4

i would make it back to the original nade settings. two per pickup on every mode nades are on. who doesnt want two nades? i like the armor helmet thing. shotgun can be made a little worse. sniper should go back to 1.0 were it equals 85. smg is fine on either 1.0 or 1.1 settings. i like ar on 1.1. people say its overpowered but it actually isnt that much. and the carbine, i would make it a one shot kill if close enough. its already hard enough to aim and hit them one time. also delete shotgun gibs. its just gay and also i find the akimbo really cheap and believe we should delete it. btw i typed this on my phone so sorry for no caps and my fingers are hurting so bye!
Thanks given by:
(12 Oct 10, 06:11AM)bballn45 Wrote: and the carbine, i would make it a one shot kill if close enough. its already hard enough to aim and hit them one time.

So what you are saying is you want the carbine to become the 1.0.4 sniper?, i have had a few matches and the carbine truly dominated on douze, if aiming is difficult i suggest the smg.
Thanks given by:
I suggest the Sniper, it owns all!
Thanks given by:
Ya use the sniper from 1.0. If you miss the first shot on 1.1 you have like no chance of killing the person.
Thanks given by:
YES the clock idea got in
Thanks given by:
Carbine is a little bit to hard to aim Vermi. If you are just a little bit off it doesn't him them.
Thanks given by:
Carbine is very accurate, though not 100% But if you're off, you're simply off. It's not a shotgun, it shoots a bullet.

In the hands on someone with good aim, it's almost overpowered in larger maps I feel.
Thanks given by:
A snipers weaponof choice(for close range)
Thanks given by:
Nice work...

Shotgun is so powerfull... agreed?
Thanks given by:
Note: The Internode (Australia) mirror from Sourceforge will result in an error telling you that the file couldn't be found.
Set the server to auto-select if it isn't already like that.

Could be just me having the problem >_<
Thanks given by:
(12 Oct 10, 07:01PM)Spartan Wrote: Nice work...

Shotgun is so powerfull... agreed?

Yeah, I think it is, a little bit.
Thanks given by:
agree with spartan. shotgun is way to powerful.
Thanks given by:
I reckon the guns are all fine. With, of course, the exception of the little uncomfortable feeling I have that the sniper is a bit weak in the match scene. But I don't think the shotty is overpowered at all... the only map I've had trouble playing against shotty players is mines thanks to its narrow corridors. But thenagain, each map has its own set of "good" weapons, I see no problem with it.
Thanks given by:
The only way to "tone down" the shotgun's effectiveness is to release more official maps like ac_depot. A shotgun is supposed to insta-kill at close range, but when you have so many short-midrange maps you end up with 80% of all the players running around with shotguns exploding each other.

A more direct approach would involve lessening the range at which the shotgun splatters you. So it will continue to do it's job around corners but in the 8-15 yard range smg/ar/snipers will atleast stand a chance -_-
Thanks given by:
I agree with Stupefy's point about the short/mid-range maps. Its a shame that the huge maps on which the sniper used to dominate are gone, I guess due to some restriction about the amount of open space that is allowed. Those were great fun. Almost all of the default maps now are short/mid-range ones.
Thanks given by:
yep agreed. we need more maps like ac_shine. snipers, smg, and even shotguns are good their. everybody loves the map.
Thanks given by:
(10 Oct 10, 10:39PM)KN!F3 Wrote: Weapon balance of Shotty and Sniper pl0x
It's not even funny anymore. Shotty Tanks can eat Snipers for breakfast in every map except maybe shine mid and depot mid.

The first map I played on v1.1.0.3 was ac_mines on CTF. I had a shotty and ran all over the n00bs and snipers. Good for me, but not really fair for them. Also, the SMG spread is insane. Plus the MG has a 20 round clip, which could possibly kill 3 or 4 people. These things are what has angered me about v3. I did however LOVE that the AFK'ers will no longer take up server space, and that I now have 2 nades in LSS. The previous (was a paid advertisement for Fake Company Inc. Terms and Conditions may apply, see store for details) is my opinion. --End of transmission Captain Kirk.
Thanks given by:
SMG recoil was changed, not spread (I think). The AR has 20 round clip so it can kill up to four people, but the SMG can kill up to 5 at mythical 100% accuracy. You are bound to waste one bullet or two after the player is dead. And solution for shotty tanks: tank yourself, control armour.
NVM all the maps are too small except for parts of Werk, depot and douze. +1 to Stupefy
Thanks given by:
I think the weapons should be weaker...

Players die fast!!!
Thanks given by:
Thats because they suck! ahah
Thanks given by:
@Gibstick: isnt Shine, Power, and iceroad large enough too?
@somewhat agree. But it is more fun when it is easiar to kill.
Thanks given by:
(12 Oct 10, 04:49AM)bballn45 Wrote: To many knew maps is hard.

then i stopped reading
Thanks given by:
Undead got mod ! lol it must be Christmas for him :D and ya dude they are to hard. It is to long to memorize them.
Thanks given by:
By far the best change in 1.1.0.3 is that AC now acknowledges knife kills. Time to release the ninja within...
Thanks given by:
lol stupefly. btw doesnt an smg take seven shots? it always does for me when i shoot it one bullet at a time?
Thanks given by:
SMG frags fine. You are all just scared of the big bad shotty. Think outside the box... outside the box.
Thanks given by:
(13 Oct 10, 02:56AM)Gibstick Wrote: SMG recoil was changed, not spread (I think). The AR has 20 round clip so it can kill up to four people, but the SMG can kill up to 5 at mythical 100% accuracy. You are bound to waste one bullet or two after the player is dead. And solution for shotty tanks: tank yourself, control armour.
NVM all the maps are too small except for parts of Werk, depot and douze. +1 to Stupefy
I thought that spread was changed between 1.0.4 and 1.1... I'm wrong ? :(

Thanks given by:
This is how smg changed:

-1 point less dmg
-Spread was all in all LOWERED.
-Spread behaviour similar to AR: The first few shots are MORE accurate than before (first 4-5). This means that you have to aim first, then shoot and work with bursts on longer ranges if possible - if you do this properly, smg is easily on par or even better in close combat than AR. I have no problems against AR users with the SMG.

I have a feeling that those who feel that it became more innacurate were more spraying (or let`s say losely tracking), not aiming before. If you have a constant high spread (like SMG had before), you don't necessarily need to be on target all the time to get your shots in.

Spartan: First people complained that people take too long to die in 1.1, and the game was slower paced due to this. Now, after armour has been nerfed people start saying they die too fast... keep in mind, armour is still stronger than in 1.0 when you are above 50.

I agree though that shotgun is a bit too strong now. We will re-balance it for 1104. Maybe this is one of the things contributing to "dying too fast".
Thanks given by: