New Armour Values (SVN)
[TUTORIAL] SVN on Linux
[TUTORIAL] SVN on Windows

here you are ;)
Thanks given by:
It is hard to catch someone in svn server, when are you testing guys ?
Thanks given by:
We usually yell "SVN TEST" in a few IRC channels and then we test.
Thanks given by:
We just tested again, and everyone agreed that it was better than 1102. Here are 2,5 demos of 2:2 games, if you care. http://www.ac-news.tk/1103tests.zip
Thanks given by:
In the beta I tryed to suicide and I was left with 3hp
Thanks given by:
Yes... it looks wrong to me.
Thanks given by:
I also need to note that the 1.1 Sniper is severely underpowered. Hard to hand and aim- no crosshair- Takes 2 pistol shots to kill. In that time, a pro can barely beat a shotty tanker from a distance even without missing a shot with the annoying 2 hit shotty spray at medium range. Headshots are also harder now so basically sniper is dead in most maps. I also would like to see a small shotty nerf so that it does less damage but more spread. Wider bullet spread but less concentration like a real life shotgun.
Thanks given by:
Now with the sniper apparently being underpowered in comparison to other guns I wonder if it's time for another discussion about the sniper crosshair and/or reducing unscoped spread.
Thanks given by:
Guys... The sniper spread is exactly the same in relation to 1.0.
The difficult to do a head shot is also exactly the same.

The main difference is: the hit box does not cover the invisible area over the shoulders anymore.

In 1.0, if you aim the head, and miss the head hit, you eventually hit the invisble area. So, with just one more pistol shot, you kill the enemy. This was extremely unfair to all other players that use other weapons. Note... in 1.0, the good sniper: or does a head shot (and gain 2 frags) or kills with 2 hits (faster than the smg burst).

I will not comment about the cheating related to the sniper... but I must say: if the guy is cheating (just a bit), he will beat everybody.

We fixed the hitbox in 1.1, so no weapon hits the invisible area over the shoulders.
The side effect is: the snipers cannot take advantage of "missing the head/hitting the body" so easily. You need more skill now if you want to play aiming only in the head.

Normal players will eventually aim in the breast now... and if they find opportunity, they will rise the aim to the head. So the easy sniper-fragger age is over.

Normal players usually shots more than once after a sniper hit. We exchanged damage by precision. Now the pistol is pretty more precise in relation to 1.0. So, it is much more easy to do 2 hits with the pistol. And the sniper, smg and ar are finally balanced: the "burst to kill" time of smg is the same of ar (it varies with the distance, of course), and these "bursts to kill" have the same time of sniper+pistol+pistol.

Also, this thread is about the armor changes... not the weapon balance.
Thanks given by:
KN!F3 I really do NOT agree with you. Its not impossible to headshot people and its not impossible to kill a "shotty tanker from a distance". The pistol is very accurate and if you manage to just click your mouse button fast enough its easy to kill enemys on distance with the sniper/pistol combo!

As for the headshots, you still just have to hit the head ... really the head. Not above shoulders. If you're a real pro, you would be happy about it as the game gets a bit harder and you got new things to handle.

I'm sure that I will be able to help you guys out with testing again from saturday to the 24th october! ;)

edit:
Quote:sniper crosshair
... :D nice joke!
Thanks given by:
The argumentation by cheaters is missleading, he doesn't like this weapon(old forum, discussion with Davimonton about sniper), so why he should do something with this weapon ? I wouldn't do nothing too. :P

Some good snipers as Drakas are trained from instagib mode in sauer, it is not cheat :) I think sniper is the cleanest weapon here and is best for recognition of cheats. Such weapon as smg or AR is more harder. Too many parameters out of control. The sign the most recognized cheaters with sniper is obvious proof.

Sniper is very challenging weapon in public games with noobs, i like it :P But it is pity that is dead for clan matches. :/

Thanks given by:
Alien... My issue with the sniper is not the weapon, but the huge amount of cheaters that appeared after we spot the firsts weaponhack smg guys.

This was the reason of that long discussion about the sniper spread (an aspect of the weapon which I never touched!!! but I would like!!!).
In the end, Davi proved my theory... he started to use cheats to "keep the high skill" with his sniper (in the ESL final match against ANGRA, he did more than 40 headshots.... many in the air)

So please, do not say my "argumentation is misleading", because it is not.

Anyway, this is not the issue nor the topic here. The main changes of the sniper came with the change in the hitbox, and not the weapon itself... so, stop to blur my arguments behind "brahma does not like sniper".
Thanks given by:
(07 Oct 10, 06:47PM)Robtics Wrote: ... :D nice joke!
auehuaehuaehueahaue
(07 Oct 10, 09:04PM)Brahma Wrote: so, stop to blur my arguments behind "brahma does not like sniper".
Wait what who said that?
Thanks given by:
(07 Oct 10, 07:50PM)Alien Wrote: The argumentation by cheaters is missleading, he doesn't like this weapon......

Thanks given by:
I know this is off topic, but with a serious new advantage with the shotgun, its becoming an even more popular weapon. With the new values, players can do serious damage, even from far away. Is there any discussion about maybe just raising the spread of the shot a little? To make it more of a close area weapon. Now it seems that at the RVSF base in Mines, players can kill smg/ar/snipers from the top of the ramp with ease. :)
Thanks given by:
Shotgun owns too much in pubs :(
Thanks given by:
(07 Oct 10, 07:50PM)Alien Wrote: Sniper is very challenging weapon in public games with noobs, i like it :P But it is pity that is dead for clan matches. :/
Not so!
Last clan match I remember being in, Robtics was pwning with his sniper. As long as that gun is in skilled hands, it will never die.
There is hardly any difference between learning to get headshots in 1.0 and learning to get headshots in 1.1 -- just think of it as starting fresh:
When you were a noob and first looked at trying for headshots in 1.0, you probably said to yourself, "that's nearly impossible! Who can do that?!" But eventually anyone can practice until they get it right.
In 1.1, looking at the change to the hitbox, many people are saying, "that's nearly impossible! Who can do that?!" But eventually anyone can practice until they get that right.

As for armor, the devs just said they're adapting it to our feedback, so maybe hold comments on that until you've tested the new values.
Thanks given by:
(08 Oct 10, 06:56AM)DES|V-Man Wrote: Last clan match I remember being in, Robtics was pwning with his sniper. As long as that gun is in skilled hands, it will never die.
That applies to every gun TBH - skilled players manage to pwn me with any weapon they happen to pick. It's just that some guns need more training and skill to be "pwn", and I think (my opinion) that the sniper is a bit too difficult right now.
Thanks given by:
(08 Oct 10, 06:56AM)DES|V-Man Wrote: As long as that gun is in skilled hands, it will never die.
You could apply that logic to a toothpick -_-

My question is, will Sniper always be balanced around getting headshots the majority of the time? Just for reference, in CS I believe sniper insta-kills anywhere around the chest/head area...but this isn't CS and that would be retardedly overpowered.
But in today's league of so many short/mid-range maps, Sniper is suffering. It gets annihilated by SMG/AR, in close rage Shotty is 10x better and Carbine's superfast firing rate can squeeze out 2 shots in the time it takes to fire 1 sniper round.
1.0.4 sniper + pistol was MORE than fine, it certainly took a sh*tload more skill than spraying like mad with SMG or abusing Shotty. If you missed your first shot with a sniper, you were in deep shit. If you missed your first shot with a sniper against a SKILLED player, you were dead.

Thanks given by:
(09 Oct 10, 09:40AM)Stupefy Wrote: If you missed your first shot with a sniper, you were in deep shit. If you missed your first shot with a sniper against a SKILLED player, you were dead.
Not with appropriate footwork ;)

Obviously everyone has noticed sniper is less powerful, but it's still an awesome weapon to use, which I should train more. To me the only difference it makes is that I feel it lighter in my opinion, but because of its light weight, it's more concentrated on you actually aiming as if you had a crosshair in front of you. It's like an SMG, with sniper bullets.
Thanks given by:
The sniper really isn't as underpowered as everyone is making it out to be...
The reason why the shotgun has become so popular, and the sniper suddenly seems so weak is that most AC maps don't have any larger, open areas. Almost all combat in AC is close combat. There are a few places where the longer range weapons have a clear advantage (take a look at the open area in front of the RVSF base in ac_depot). If more maps would be made with open areas (and I don't mean ridiculous stuff like Twin Towers), then there would be less complaint about the "underpowered" sniper.
Thanks given by:
This will change in 1.1... we expect to have more larger maps.
Thanks given by:
+1 to footwork.
(09 Oct 10, 09:40AM)Stupefy Wrote:
(08 Oct 10, 06:56AM)DES|V-Man Wrote: As long as that gun is in skilled hands, it will never die.
You could apply that logic to a toothpick -_-
To split a hair or two:
I can name many players who really own with the sniper, regardless of whether it's 1.0 or 1.1, but I can't think of anyone at all who can throw a toothpick hard enough to kill, no matter how skilled they are. This says to me that a toothpick is a terrible weapon, while sniper is a great one.
Thanks given by:
Toothpick is better at splitting hair than the sniper though.
Thanks given by:
Not if Robtics is the one holding the sniper rifle.
Thanks given by:
Robtics doesn't know how to use a toothpick?
Thanks given by:
The toothpick mod won't install correctly on his machine. :(
Thanks given by:
Because he uses Mac?
Thanks given by:
Because whoever made the toothpick mod used a Mac.
Thanks given by: