1.1.0.3 Release
We are releasing AssaultCube 1.1.0.3 today.

Download:

Linux

Windows

Mac OS

Most notable changes:

- Armour Values have been nerfed slightly.
- Addition of in-game clock ( /clockdisplay 0|1|2 )
- LSS now back to two-nade pickups (no more random)
- Pistol Frenzy has nade-pickups removed

and as usual, several bug-fixes...

I hope this will please those who have been disliking 1.1
The new armour values have been nerfed, so the "shots-to-kill" ratio of the guns is now more like 1.04 again (though not exactly of course).

I hope players will give 1.1 a thorough try again, because I plan to discuss any other necessary weapon balance issues with the comminity soon, so we can make 1.1.0.4 a release that everyone will be happy with.

The masterserver for 1.04 will still be running, but I hope that those who prefer 1.04 will give this new version another try.

Have Fun!
Thanks given by:
I will surely download it as soon as i can! Thanks for your hard work dev team.
Thanks given by:
Amazing!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks given by:
congratulations :)
Thanks given by:
Downloaded and installed.
Hope server owners will update soon.
Thanks given by:
|NZ| servers should change over when I get home tonight (in the next 12-18 hours)
Thanks given by:
RIP AC
Thanks given by:
:D
Thanks guys! You all rawk! <3
* V-Man runs off to abuse CubePad
Thanks given by:
Great! Although I think 1 nade per pickup was close to perfect. Misread, sorry :) In LSS 2 nades are perfect.
Thanks given by:
Weapon balance of Shotty and Sniper pl0x
It's not even funny anymore. Shotty Tanks can eat Snipers for breakfast in every map except maybe shine mid and depot mid.
Thanks given by:
Thank you guys soo much! (Though you might hear from my GF and friends soon enough)
Later when you release the mac packages.
Thanks given by:
Knife you must be a bad sniper player if you consistently get killed by shotgunners from a distance. I suggest you train more or try other weapons instead of trying to get the weapon balance shifted to your advantage.
Thanks given by:
When installing 1.1.0.3 on a comp with 1.1.0.1 installed it asks you if you want to install in the 1.1.0.1 directory.
Thanks given by:
GJ!
Thanks given by:
That's nonsense Knife, I was playing with the sniper a few minutes ago on 1.1.0.3 and was doing just fine. I find it much hard to kill smg and specially AR players caus of those weapons kickback make them move very fast backwards while shooting at my arse :P The shottys, well not so much, just a little jumping and dancing in front of the guy does the trick. Just a bit of practice in 1.1 will do the trick for ya mate.

So far so good for 1.1.0.3, much faster killing due to weaker armor, gj!
Thanks given by:
(10 Oct 10, 11:25PM)TheCrema Wrote: I find it much hard to kill smg and specially AR players caus of those weapons kickback make them move very fast backwards while shooting at my arse :P

Kickbacks have not changed since 0.90.

Thanks given by:
I have no sound on 1.1.0.3 =(
Thanks given by:
(10 Oct 10, 11:31PM)makkE Wrote:
(10 Oct 10, 11:25PM)TheCrema Wrote: I find it much hard to kill smg and specially AR players caus of those weapons kickback make them move very fast backwards while shooting at my arse :P
Kickbacks have not changed since 0.90.

I don't think he was talking about change in kickback, I think he was more or less discussing how it's difficult to kill players using AR whilst the kickback of their weapon makes them go all woop-de-do.

On that bombshell; I look forward to playing this! :)
Thanks given by:
I just wanted to make sure noone thought we might have changed the kickbacks :)
Thanks given by:
I know that, just saying that to me, while playing with sniper, is always harder to kill a dude with an AR or smg due to kickback than a sniper, shotty or carbine player ;)
Thanks given by:
Thank you dev team :)
Will be waiting for the mac update, and does this version have a new protocol?
Thanks given by:
Yes it does. The gameplay did change after all ;)
Thanks given by:
actually, i use those kickbacks as defense while focusing my crosshair at the enemy;
Thanks given by:
You mentioned clockdisplay, what does this do exactly? I removed my settings directory and clean installed 1.1.0.3 but typing the command with either of the three arguments doesn't give me any results.
Thanks given by:
It displays the amount of time in the current game:
clockdisplay 1 shows how much time is left.
clockdisplay 2 shows how much time has been spent.
The clock is not displayed in the mode when you first start the game (since it is not time-based).
Thanks given by:
Speaking of commands. What are all of the new ones? (commands aka idents)
Thanks given by:
How do i play this game?
[/size][/font]
Thanks given by:
(11 Oct 10, 06:25AM)Kill_a_Tequila Wrote: How do i play this game?
[/size][/font]

yes you sure do.
Thanks given by:
Bot alarm!
Thanks given by:
(10 Oct 10, 07:40PM)makkE Wrote: We are releasing AssaultCube 1.1.0.3 today.

- Armour Values have been nerfed slightly.
- Addition of in-game clock ( /clockdisplay 0|1|2 )
- LSS now back to two-nade pickups (no more random)
- Pistol Frenzy has nade-pickups removed

Have Fun!

thank god for the 2 nade pick up there, that whole 1 nade thing was just silly in 1.1

(yes i know that its not for the rest of the game, :( sad face)
Thanks given by: