Ideas
What Lantry said is something that I've always wanted. The ability to move around the HUD icons, that would really make my day :)
Thanks given by:
(08 Sep 11, 11:40PM)V-Man Wrote:
(08 Sep 11, 01:11PM)Dementium4ever Wrote: this isnt possible.

I wish people would contemplate the gravity of that term before using it.

Ok, sorry.
It would be possible if:

-Makke would relase the complete version of the gun
-And the devs would accept , that the weapons would have twice more polys, than in the actual version.
Thanks given by:
I don't think he was talking about moving the gun. It wouldn't serve much purpose. He's talking about moving ammunition, flag, team icons, etc.
Thanks given by:
dafault in game music, like cube2, fear or unreal : D
Thanks given by:
Why would we use music from other games?
Thanks given by:
Read again :P
Thanks given by:
Derp.

Err,for teh clip entities, could you "simulate a cube-grid" on the clips?

For example, a "second floor" :P

So the parameters would be X Y H
And we could edit the clip as we can the floor, minus the solids. A yellow grid, and we can edit the height of the clip, and other stuff.
Thanks given by:
You'd need a parameter for elevation (how high above the actual floor it is) as well as height (the vertical measurement of the actual clip), X and Y coordinate location, and X and Y measurement -- and then you can worry about texture. Mael had a good idea about combining arguments into the normal 4 in a way that the engine can parse them apart; I'd like to see that in action.
Thanks given by:
Search aliases storing specified value. Search for aliases of specified name.
Thanks given by:
(10 Sep 11, 11:45PM)V-Man Wrote: You'd need a parameter for elevation (how high above the actual floor it is) as well as height (the vertical measurement of the actual clip), X and Y coordinate location, and X and Y measurement -- and then you can worry about texture. Mael had a good idea about combining arguments into the normal 4 in a way that the engine can parse them apart; I'd like to see that in action.

i have already written a piece of code for that, but the rendering part still needs to be done; so if we really want to implement this feature, something is already done - just to let you know
Thanks given by:
Hello everyone, as i saw some months ago, the texture size is very limited, but i tought about add this limit only on servers (like a map restriction instead of a mapping restriction).
It could help mappers to drew a good gameplay and learn about it very well.
Thanks given by:
Can there be an optional 3rd person view? (sorry to sound like one of those people who compare AC to the original cube, but I saw that feature in Sauer and I thought it could be interesting in AC).

And a more long term hope that probably won't see the light of day for a while:
Can a server be modified to give each player a specific playermodel skin of their choice (custom preferably)?
Don't think I worded that well (might make me sound like a derp) but hopefully you get the idea.
Thanks given by:
During play 3rd person - not likely - during spectating it's already there.
Custom skins don't work on a per-server basis, you can have skins for nicks/clans - you can already pick your preference from the prepared skins for CLA and RVSF respectively.
Thanks given by:
I had an idea about how to place textured clips: use the selected area (with the cube selector) to get the x size and y size of the clip, as well as the x position and y position.
For example, if you wanted to create a 3x5 clip, you would select the area you want the clip to cover (and in the right location, too) and then use the textured clip command to give the rest of the arguments, i.e. /tclip [elevation] [height] [texture]
Thanks given by:
I foresee map lag in your future lantry.
Thanks given by:
Eeeh, it actually wouldn't be that laggy. If the clips were set "to fit" they'd only be 12 tri's per wall/floor/ceiling. That's the same as a standard platform, clip or plclip! (I think.) It's when getting to creating details and the likes on a "second floor" that'd raise up the poly counts... Give this method to the right people, and you won't suspect lag at all. xD
Thanks given by:
You'll still have the stretched texture problem.
Thanks given by:
Meh, if you want to do this right, use octrees already, that'd at least be a lot less messy.
Remember, FPS is just a (minor) part of the issues, but the problem is that these "pseudo-cubes" would have to be hacked in more or less.
Thanks given by:
What i think would be brilliant is if you could vote other players to spectator thus in matches your friend wouldn't stand there pointlessly and losing the team score. I don't think it'd be too hard to implement either.
Thanks given by:
I would cry a thousand tears if we could have a new grenade animation and audio. Something with some bang. A quick blast of transparent polygons and fade out. The current version is a fart in a paper bag.
Thanks given by:
A rather deadly fart, to be fair.
Thanks given by:
(21 Oct 11, 05:29AM)Mael Wrote: I would cry a thousand tears if we could have a new grenade animation and audio. Something with some bang. A quick blast of transparent polygons and fade out. The current version is a fart in a paper bag.
I like the current one it fits with the whole "the quick and the dead" theme.
Thanks given by:
Why do you think gas masks are in the game for?
Thanks given by:
- Show whether spectators are CLA or RVSF
- Allow vote-forcing a player to spectate. This is in Sauer already and is useful for setting up matches -- especially when there are idle players
Thanks given by:
The ability to delete a heightfield?
Thanks given by:
which you could do if you had access to the cubes slope.
Thanks given by:
- A variable which keeps track of whether occlusion culling is on or off, and
- The ability to specify (not haphazardly toggle) whether you want it on or off.

@RR: Just being able to make a large selection and say "/heightfield -1" or summat would be perfectly satisfactory. Explicit access to a cube's vdelta is nice for read purposes on a cube-by-cube basis.
Thanks given by:
/coinflip for deciding who starts a match. Only able to be used in mastermode 2.
Thanks given by:
probably already been talked about...but the ability to *pause* a match incase of somebody lagging out so and then being able to continue when they comeback
Thanks given by:
(22 Oct 11, 06:07PM)|BC|Wolf Wrote: /coinflip for deciding who starts a match. Only able to be used in mastermode 2.

Why "only in mastermode 2"?
Thanks given by: