Beta-Test Phase
[sarcasm]omigosh you can hardly play ac_outpost because of the confetti glitch in there [/sarcasm]

[Image: 8wb9n5.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(08 Sep 11, 06:41PM)flowtron Wrote: We got a bunch of map-fix-suggestions - screenies provided, like Ronald_Reagan suggests - before the previous release. RandumKiwi took the maps through their paces and fixed (where possible/feasible) ..
.. it's always more easy to simply complain, but actually putting in some effort yourself to improve the project is something exceptional. Sad, but true.

Patience is a virtue. Thanks for all the effort put into this. I'm also pleased at the the motivation as well :)
Thanks given by:
(08 Sep 11, 11:50PM)V-Man Wrote: omigosh you can hardly play ac_outpost because of the confetti glitch in there

[Image: 8wb9n5.jpg]

I play outpost once or twice a day and i never saw that glitch.
Thanks given by:
Me neither.
Thanks given by:
V-Man, how do we go about reproducing that glitch?
Thanks given by:
I merely copied the URL of the original bug report. (sorry I forgot the sarcasm tags)
To really reproduce it, you'd probably purchase the same video card the complainant has, let it sit in the sun for a couple days, install the same OS (no updates), and turn on some "fancy" graphics card feature.
If that doesn't work, that's sort of a good thing, right?
Thanks given by:
(05 Sep 11, 05:23PM)wolfbr Wrote: carbine is a defensive weapon, not much good in rushs, but, perfect for ctf/team games : D

Try telling CharlieMurphie that! xD

btw, what will the next release be?
1.1.1.0? or 1.1.0.5? or 1.2.0? o.O
Thanks given by:
Future releases will be spelled out:
"Three point two"
Thanks given by:
No, we'll go with Mozilla's new release model. The next version number will probably be somewhere around 40.
Thanks given by:
(10 Sep 11, 11:37AM)MykeGregory Wrote:
(05 Sep 11, 05:23PM)wolfbr Wrote: carbine is a defensive weapon, not much good in rushs, but, perfect for ctf/team games : D

Ikr :D He charges in, destroys, takes flag, then rifle sprints with the CARBINE.
Pro Charly <3

Thanks given by:
(10 Sep 11, 03:17PM)Nightmare Wrote: then carbine sprints....
Pro Charly <3

Advanced arts of AssaultCube
Thanks given by:
ok as i promissed to flowtron and ronald, i've done my "in search of glitch" quest :D
i think there might be another glitch hidden somewhere in official maps so if you find anymore, feel free to edit post :)

i hope that's what you wanted to have ;)

http://forum.cubers.net/thread-3931.html

P.S:
i maded a new thread since it is a big post ^^
Thanks given by:
what are these glitches you speak of?
lkike, getting stuck on ladders.
Thanks given by:
no these glitch is like or texture failure or hightfielding glitch (basicly it doesn't show the wall behind it like it's suppose to)
Thanks given by:
these small errors in the maps never bothered me
Thanks given by:
(09 Sep 11, 11:59AM)Bukz Wrote: V-Man, how do we go about reproducing that glitch?
It always happens to me on Twintowers - Cubes so I never play it. I want to know how it comes about and how to stop it lol.

On-topic - I think the beta works WAAAAAAAAYY faster than 1.1.0.4 althought no one is ever on the server :P I've found no bugs in it or any problems while I was assembling my zombie mod on it

Thanks given by:
(28 Sep 11, 02:49PM)D1551D3N7 Wrote:
(09 Sep 11, 11:59AM)Bukz Wrote: V-Man, how do we go about reproducing that glitch?
It always happens to me on Twintowers - Cubes so I never play it. I want to know how it comes about and how to stop it lol.

I don't think the devs will care too much if the glitch happens on a map using a glitch to get past the restrictions.
Thanks given by:
New mac bins: http://pbclan.tk/files/SVN_r6661_assaultcube.dmg

SVN Revision 6661. This is without the shotgun special sauce, so you will need to download the other bins for that.

If this bin fails to work for you, tell me your OS and if you have the folder /Developer/ on your harddrive. If you do have /Developer/, check /Developer/SDKs and tell me what is inside.

I dont know what is causing some mac users not being able to play this :P
Thanks given by:
The "sniper trails not ending" bug still seems to be occurring. Also, it appears that it is happening for all guns, not just sniper (where it is just most apparent).
[Image: 20111202_022653_ac_douze_BTDM.jpg]
It appears that the sniper trail is going through, but only on shots where the player (bot) died. This is a picture of the wall behind the bot; you can see the bullethole despite the fact that I hit the bot both times.
[Image: 20111202_022711_ac_douze_BTDM.jpg]
same thing with this pic, except with pistol. I was very careful to hit the bot exactly 6 times, and checked the wall after each shot. The bullethole only appeared after the last shot (the one that killed the bot).
I didn't check all the weapons, just pistol and sniper, but I am willing to bet they would produce similar results.
sorry, I am just realizing now that the pics I got aren't the best, but you can easily reproduce this yourself with /idlebots.
Thanks given by:
(10 Sep 11, 03:17PM)Nightmare Wrote:
(10 Sep 11, 11:37AM)MykeGregory Wrote:

Ikr :D He charges in, destroys, takes flag, then rifle sprints with the CARBINE.
Pro Charly <3

I luv ya guys, and this bad ass game. Wish I didnt miss these posts. Sprinting with the carbine is aall about the reload an the map. thats why why it should have a 15 clip and 30 over all :) Id be fine with that. the damage is realistic unless i catch a crouching boxer HEADS UP
P.S. are there any set dates on the SVN where we can all meet up and test some in the next few weeks ;)
Thanks given by:
why don't you just do it now
Thanks given by:
Okay, just skimming over the last page in this thread here:
Quote:I merely copied the URL of the original bug report. (sorry I forgot the sarcasm tags)
To really reproduce it, you'd probably purchase the same video card the complainant has

I have had that problem when I make maps on my other machine. It has to do with arches/caves/ lowered ceiling and heightened ground.

Like he said, it's a $%^&'ed up integrated graphics chip with no updatable drivers. My personal computer's a ~2003 Win XP and it has this problem sometimes (along with crappy fps, and a screwed up minimap/radar) Pretty much have to buy any other graphics card.

edit:
Quote:We got a bunch of map-fix-suggestions - screenies provided, like Ronald_Reagan suggests - before the previous release. RandumKiwi took the maps through their paces and fixed (where possible/feasible) ..
.. it's always more easy to simply complain, but actually putting in some effort yourself to improve the project is something exceptional. Sad, but true.

This has always bothered me in ac_ingress:

[Image: o5yluo.jpg]
[Image: 2410zgg.jpg]

I think the textures on the floors of those bricks should be the "invisible" one so it doesn't show up on the radar.

Has this been done yet?

P.S. cleanshot doesn't seem to work very well ;)
Thanks given by:
cleanshot don't work in edit mode
Thanks given by:
Cleanshot is meant to be contained in a script or a keybind that doesn't require you to type a command. ;-)
Thanks given by:
perhaps type "/sleep 10 [ cleanshot ]"?
Thanks given by:
It shouldn't matter, as I think cleanshot already has a sleep in it :P
Thanks given by:
[cubescript]// cleanshot - Take a "clean" screenshot with no HUD items.
const cs_sets "clockdisplay crosshairsize hidecompass hideconsole hidectfhud hidedamageindicator hidehudequipment hidehudmsgs hideradar hidespecthud hideteam hidevote hudgun spechudgun showstats showtargetname"
const cs_newsets "0 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 0 0 0 0"

const disablehud [ storesets $cs_sets tmp_old_sets; loop csl (listlen $cs_sets) [ (at $cs_sets $csl) (at $cs_newsets $csl) ] ]
const enablehud [ if (checkalias tmp_old_sets) [ loop ros (listlen $cs_sets) [ (at $cs_sets $ros) (at $tmp_old_sets $ros) ] ] ]
const cleanshot [ disablehud; sleep 10 [ screenshot ]; sleep 90 [ enablehud ] ][/cubescript]

This is the exact script for cleanshot in SVN. I see no reason for it to not work in edit mode, but I'll look into it ASAP. :)
Thanks given by:
(02 Dec 11, 08:40PM)Luc@s Wrote: why don't you just do it now

you must be at least 3 or 4 to test it decently
Thanks given by:
It'd be great if you could use it in edit mode for cool camera angles (or else I could make a platform or something temporarily)

edit:

SVN update log Wrote:Hide entities and closest ent info when using /cleanshot while editing.
Almost...
[Image: 2m27ujp.jpg]

Editing grid and clipmodel... :/
Thanks given by:
Well... Since I can't delete my posts and repost edits...
Um... *double post* :/
Look above.

edit: What about pickups? I think if supplied a "1" argument it should hide pickups like the grenades in my screenshot. (Or replace the model for them or something)
Thanks given by: