Xemi's blacklist
So, this discussion has gone from Xemi possibly cheating to people shitting on xenon and exoduss (some for good reason <_< at least in this thread), to a bunch of Frenchmen yelling at each other, to finally, what do you know, anti-dev arguments, per usual.

That progress.

Highlights
  • Don't use jump bind or skinchanger script.
  • A default client for matches, similar to SWLACC, would be nice.

/thread (please, this has been dragged out long enough lol)
Thanks given by:
(12 May 13, 07:59PM)Luc@s Wrote:
(12 May 13, 04:56PM)DamDam Wrote: Some of the devs did not listen,
Did not listen to WHAT
Every time the same thing, but never a solid proof of this being the general behavior.
If you think something was ignored, prove it.

Just one example.

To summarise it was suggested ac_snow was not high enough quality to be included in AC.

RandumKiwi Wrote:My 2 cents:

* ac_snow is a good map
* All maps will remain in the AC package.
* Threads suggesting a map should be removed, will be closed.

And then the thread was locked without allowing discussion.
Thanks given by:
(12 May 13, 07:59PM)Luc@s Wrote: Did not listen to WHAT
Every time the same thing, but never a solid proof of this being the general behavior.
If you think something was ignored, prove it.
Are you sure it's safe to say? Because last time i made posts about it, the thread got moved by RandumKiwi and my post deleted by Cleaner.
In that posts, I was explaining how SOME devs (feel free to include you in it or not Lucas), won't accept help from community unless it's something they personally like/want. (Jpablon,Larry,Felix,888,Undead are all capable & skilled people in their respective domains and they want to help.)
I could say names, but I'd probably get banned or something, but I have seen behaviours that are clearly not looking like devs.
Deciding of how the game will be simply basing your decisions on what you like/want the game to be is very selfish, and not a dev-like attitude.

(12 May 13, 07:59PM)Luc@s Wrote: It's not because you're not able to understand what has been done that "nothing" has been done
I never said you guys were working on nothing, hell no, I know the game is progressing, but how long will it take ? Fortunately the game is progressing and not staying on the same point after more than 24 months of development..lol

One simple thing community asks for and devs do not listen to :

RELEASE 1.2

It's been approximately a year since many people are asking for it. You made a thread about, there are already many things implemented to it, and we're all impatient to play it.
I dont even know what you guys are waiting for before release the new version (still Linux bug or?). Because it's such a pain in the ass to have to wait again, when you know the game has received updates, new ideas, fixes, has receive many positive feedbacks and is ready for use.

(12 May 13, 07:59PM)Luc@s Wrote: Are you defending them ?
I'm not supporting people like 1Cap or Edward when they go insulting & trolling at you guys. But I do like some of their ideas, I just don't have the same way of... expressing it..

(12 May 13, 07:59PM)Luc@s Wrote: If you had made the effort to follow SVN's development, you would know that the scoreboard can now be customized.
Lucas, i've seen the scoreboard can be customized, but that is in 1.2, and as far as i know, there is not release date for this version.
So we should wait another 3 years before having an universal client or?
When I talked about the customizable client, I meant the possible universal one; I never mentioned the official default 1.2 client which will be release idk when.

I know it may sound repetitive, but we all know 1.2 will be a huge boost for AC, but this boost is getting weaker and weaker as time goes on & players lose interest for the game...

PS: I like how you used the
Quote:We /all/ listen, we /all/ take the posts here in consideration
Thanks given by:
lol, xemi's blacklist has everything to do with the development of AC 1.2 I see.

I'll play along...

(12 May 13, 09:19PM)DamDam Wrote: One simple thing community asks for and devs do not listen to :

RELEASE 1.2

You are extremely repetitive. I still don't know where you get shit like this from. Why do you think that the devs don't listen to the community just because 1.2 hasn't been released yet? What makes you think that the devs don't want to release 1.2? You think we're really excited about letting years of hard work and improvements to the game go to waste? The devs want 1.2 released just as badly as you do or anyone else does in this community. Show some fucking respect.

Yes, its the same story; the linux bug is still holding up the release. When that changes, everyone will know.
Thanks given by:
@DamDam

What are you asking for exactly? They devs aren't deliberately trying to keep v1.2 from being released, they've made it abundantly clear that the game is frequently crashing for linux users.

(23 Apr 13, 03:33PM)Luc@s Wrote: What has to be done before releasing 1200 ?

We're now sticking to bug fixes.
Here is a list of bugs that have to be fixed (some of them might already be fixed)

All you can do is wait or do what you can to help them.
Thanks given by:
Larry, that's not the best of examples. Devs already said that maps wouldn't be removed (i think it was in response to the rattrap discussion). Honestly if you don't like the map, don't play it. Obviously RK's response wasn't the best way to do it, but the idea is still there.

Once again...
(12 May 13, 09:03PM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote: /thread (please, this has been dragged out long enough lol)
Thanks given by:
Sad to see how much shit one thread can create

Yes shit because these discussions became pointless a long time ago
Thanks given by:
What if Linux bug is not fixable ?
How long has the linux bug been found out? Some months already I believe.

Then my question is : How long will we wait until you guys decide to release 1.2 even if the linux bug isn't fixed?
If the answer is "We will not release 1.2 until Linux bug is fixed", then everyone will know that the new version is not likely to come out soon because afaik, nobody has the key to that problem.

The answer "give up linux, release 1.2" is pretty selfish, I have to admit, but I think Nightmare's poll has shown that the community is pretty selfish then.
If anyone could simply confirm that 1.2 will not be released unless Linux bug is fixed please, it'd avoid lots of debates on 1.2, and devs work etc etc...

And Bukz, again I did not say all the devs listened to no ideas. I said SOME of the devs, are behaving like kings and will refuse most ideas unless they satisfy their likes/wish/will. I do not criticize the job that has been done at all, because so far I love it, and i'm the first one to "congratulate" anyone who added some new features to the game.
But in my mind the reason why 1.2 is still not released isn't very clear, which is why I started to think devs did not care about the release anymore, but only on perfectionning the game whereas we'd like the game to be released as it is.
Thanks given by:
About the devs not listening, i think its all in the way you try to bring your idea and how you suggest them. A normal way is better than a tirade telling them they don't listen and should implement your idea.

The one time i actually want a dev to be a bitch and close a thread they don't do it lol
(no offense)
Thanks given by:
(12 May 13, 10:30PM)Marti Wrote: The one time i actually want a dev to be a bitch and close a thread they don't do it lol
(no offense)

+1
For more discussions about what is legit or not in match go here.
For bashing devs one more time, go fuck yourself with your AR and play SMG

/mastermode 1 please
Thanks given by:
[Image: qNFRmMf.png]
Thanks given by:
I liked the discussions that were brought up (excluding the insults/flaming), but the thread was derailed completely.
Thanks given by:
(12 May 13, 10:18PM)DamDam Wrote: What if Linux bug is not fixable ?
How long has the linux bug been found out? Some months already I believe.

Then my question is : How long will we wait until you guys decide to release 1.2 even if the linux bug isn't fixed?
If the answer is "We will not release 1.2 until Linux bug is fixed", then everyone will know that the new version is not likely to come out soon because afaik, nobody has the key to that problem.

The answer "give up linux, release 1.2" is pretty selfish, I have to admit, but I think Nightmare's poll has shown that the community is pretty selfish then.
Yes, the community is pretty selfish. But it is not sufficient to stop linux support.
Once people who have linux will actually test fresh rev 6738-6739 compiles (iirc) and try to compile with -O2.

If anyone could simply confirm that 1.2 will not be released unless Linux bug is fixed please, it'd avoid lots of debates on 1.2, and devs work etc etc...
(12 May 13, 10:18PM)DamDam Wrote: And Bukz, again I did not say all the devs listened to no ideas. I said SOME of the devs, are behaving like kings and will refuse most ideas unless they satisfy their likes/wish/will. I do not criticize the job that has been done at all, because so far I love it, and i'm the first one to "congratulate" anyone who added some new features to the game.
But in my mind the reason why 1.2 is still not released isn't very clear, which is why I started to think devs did not care about the release anymore, but only on perfectionning the game whereas we'd like the game to be released as it is.
No. you just say bullshit and every time we ask you, all you can say is "some devs blabla" but you can even say who and how.
Just bs.
Thanks given by: