Match rules
Well, after all those recent events all I can say is that this game is not what it was in the past anymore. It's almost impossible now to play a game that go well all the way, there is always some players who are causing troubles and can't contains themself, some special actions that should not even exist, so I decided to write some basic rules.

The AssaultCube matches never had written rules, players were just respecting some basic things and matches were played without major problems. Now it seems the actual situation needs some reminds to the base.

Some will say I am not the best here to speak about it (especially insults etc...) but they just don't know I can recognise my own faults and denounce it.
I'm not a dictator and I'm not imposing those rules and you must notice that all the rules I will be pointing out will be in the objective of a more respectful and enjoyable match atmosphere. Feel free to discuss about it.

RULE 1: YOU MUST BE RESPECTFUL TO YOUR OPPONENTS AND TO YOUR MATES

-No insults, no racism, and no disrespectful behaviors during the game, it's the same for spectators. I don't think it can be more clear.
-About provocations like "noob", "camper", "spammer", it's not forbidden, but just don't spam the chat with it at each flags/deaths.

RULE 2: YOU MUST PLAY FAIR

-No cheat, no hack, no suspicious tools that could give you an unfair advantage on the basic game, it goes for abusive script, abusing glitches, abusive models (weapon models, playermodels, sounds etc...) and everything that is considered as abusive (since some players have a lot of imagination about finding new tricks, let's say all those tricks are just forbidden).
-If you want to be respected when you win a match, play the same game than your opponents, and don't complain if you didn't respect this rule and if opponents are contesting the match.
This rule provide a win for the most skilled team, if you have something to say against it, dare to speak.

RULE 3: DO NOT ACT LIKE A BAD GUY

-I use word for kids, but actually, there are a lot of kid acting behaviors on this game (and there are enough videos to denounce it). I've seen a lot of shits in matches and I hope kids imaginations will reach their limits one day (forcing yourself to the enemy team to teamkill the flag was hilarious, but bad). Just be kind, don't use the admin password to your advantage, respect the "rules".
-If someone say "stop" without abusing this right (to win time for example) everyone stop, don't see it as a profit and don't take all kevlars, health packs around, same for all pickups. Don't use this to be at a more advantaged place too. Just don't move.
-You must stop moving for the same reason if a player disconnect (cause of lags etc,) there could be a sub coming, and it could be a timed-out etc... Of course, if this right is also used to abuse (win time) this doesn't count.
-Players who are using a proxy during a match can be considered as suspicious, since private servers are using some extremely small/solf/empty blacklists (or sometimes no blacklist at all), plus server owners are giving deban passwords to non-guilty players. So if you need a proxy to connect on those servers, you probably have nothing to do here.

RULE 4: WHO START FIRST?

-Basically, when the 2 full teams are on the server and ready, it's to the first who speak about it to choose, if you are the first and you say "you pick first", opponents must pick first, respect this rule or contest it on this thread.
-Sometimes it's not like this and a team directly vote their map/mode, if both teams see no inconvenient, let's play.
-Most of the teams don't want to pick first, because they use the first round to learn opponents' gameplay and then choosing a map/mode to counter them.

RULE 5: MAPS MODES AND SIDES

-Only team modes are vote-ables for obvious reasons (except in 1V1 case).
-Some maps don't provide flag modes, but they can be played in HTF.
-When a team pick a map and mode, they can also pick the side of their choice, if the team A want to go CLA, then the team B must change to RVSF.

RULE 6: WHO WINS

-Matches are simple, 1 map/mode/side per team. If a team wins the 2 rounds, it wins the match.
-A round is won by the team at the top of the scoreboard. (on 1.2, scoreboard will be customizable, so some changes will be applied to this rule).
-If there is 1 round won per team, there must be a tie-break. It's a common choice, both teams must agree to play this map on this mode and on this side.
-Once again, the tie-break is won by the team at the top of the scoreboard.
-If a round end by a perfect tie (same flags, frags, deaths, points) the game counts as 0 point and it's the winner of the other round who wins the match.
-If there is a perfect tie on both rounds, the tie-break is played (a single perfect tie won't happen twice a year so, 2 in the same match is "impossible", or fuck the logic).
-If there is a perfect tie on the tie-break, another tie-break is played (mostly the same map, but CLA are now RVSF)

discuss

edit: camping allowed
Thanks given by:
Ok... But why rules for a match? People have the posibility to think and respect a game.
Thanks given by:
SWLACC for assaultcube + contents of this thread = fixes everything

gg
Thanks given by:
(12 May 13, 09:16PM)Skinny-Dog Wrote: Ok... But why rules for a match? People have the posibility to think and respect a game.

You would think that wouldn't you? Sad that these actually have to be written out; shows how far the community has fallen.
Thanks given by:
For the tiebreaker what do we do if teams can't find a commun choice ? Team who won first round pick map + mod (they say it) and then the other team choose side ? It could be something like this ?

Really good inititiative :)
Thanks given by:
nice, but..
(12 May 13, 09:03PM).ExodusS* Wrote: RULE 6: WHO WINS

Matches are simple, 1 map/mode/side per team. If a team wins the 2 rounds, it wins the match.
A round is won by the team at the top of the scoreboard. (on 1.2, scoreboard will be customizable, so some changes will be applied to this rule).
If there is 1 round won per team, there must be a tie-break. It's a common choice, both teams must agree to play this map on this mode and on this side.
Once again, the tie-break is won by the team at the top of the scoreboard.

discuss

If the round is tied by flags, frags and w/e else... Will the round be a tie? how would this work?
Thanks given by:
(12 May 13, 09:25PM)Vanqu!sh Wrote: SWLACC for assaultcube + contents of this thread = fixes everything

gg
Thanks given by:
(12 May 13, 10:04PM)yopa Wrote: If the round is tied by flags, frags and w/e else... Will the round be a tie? how would this work?

I think the winner of the other round should win, and if the 2 rounds are all perfect ties, oh fuck this is impossible.
Thanks given by:
Yeah that makes sense, but what if the tiebreaker is tied? will this match be considered a tie? or if a tiebreaker is not played..
Thanks given by:
(12 May 13, 10:41PM)yopa Wrote: Yeah that makes sense, but what if the tiebreaker is tied? will this match be considered a tie? or if a tiebreaker is not played..

If it's from the tie-breaker, just replay it, I see no more options (and this is what happened in tournaments, it was counting flags only but we replayed the tie-break)
Thanks given by:
And what happen if they don't respect this rules?

Everybody have their own personnality (you know it Exo), it's stay only a good initiative but not more...

You imagine a referee for all clan match (it's only for big event like ACWC...).
We have already about insult, the famous "WATCH YOUR LANGUAGE", and about AFK player, we have the "AUTOKICK", what more?

A match can't be totally controlled (checked). This depend only by your opponent, to play only with respectful, mature and clean player.

This cannot be official! Every clan have their rules for these members to respect it and play with fairplay, like -xW- here => http://xw-i.ogameteam.com/t727-Members-Rules.htm and much more...

So, that's why i don't think this rule will be really helpful actually.

Anyway, I hope everybody read your post and never rage/insult/rq in matches clan

PEACE ALL!
Thanks given by:
Does 1.2 have a "pause match" function like in sauer?
Thanks given by:
I hope people will be following this rules...
Thanks given by:
i think these were already the de facto rules.
Thanks given by:
(13 May 13, 12:34AM)-xW-#KrAyC3* Wrote: And what happen if they don't respect this rules?

You take the demo and keep it as a proof your opponents didn't respect the basic rules, you win the round or you can contest the match results.

(13 May 13, 12:34AM)-xW-#KrAyC3* Wrote: A match can't be totally controlled (checked). This depend only by your opponent, to play only with respectful, mature and clean player.

You can start by stop playing against clans that use to disrespect these rules (rC is a good exemple) and then report publicly their faults, it's funny and it's for the general interest.

(13 May 13, 12:34AM)-xW-#KrAyC3* Wrote: This cannot be official! Every clan have their rules...

This is different, all clans rules are based on something that was not written, this thread is just reporting all rules players used to respect.
Thanks given by:
(13 May 13, 11:45AM).ExodusS* Wrote: disrespect these rules (rC is a good exemple)

Now tell me how rC is such a good example to this.. We use different clients cus they look a lot better than the default one, and u can get things like spechudgun and geoip... tell me how this is so advantaguous in a match...
Everyone is using scripts... the only advantageous script I use is the count down spawn script thingy which damdam made (does actually not even work properly).. U can count to 5 inside ur head, or just watch the scoreboard.. None of us is using the hax jump script, but some of us can easily do the so-called hax jump by spamming shift and space together, just ask the gema players..
Thanks given by:
Exoduss sup with saying rC disrespect the rules? Thats just bullshit

i cant recall that i have ever disrespected a rule and i know most others havent either

Hope AW makes it to round 3 so you have to play us :)
Thanks given by:
rC are the new young kids who will do anything to win, even if it means recruiting cheaters and giving the occasional wristy to keep their mouse hands strong, NOTHING WILL STAND IN THEIR WAY!!!
Thanks given by:
(13 May 13, 12:25PM)Marti Wrote: Exoduss sup with saying rC disrespect the rules? Thats just bullshit

You saw the video, did you?
Thanks given by:
"giving the occasional wristy" i laughed so hard at this.

rules should be intuitive, unfortunately they are not. I'm a fan of the rule one team picks map, other picks mode and side. Or they agree on mode (usually ctf). If neither team can agree they should storm out of the server calling each other noobs, then everybody wins.
Thanks given by:
(13 May 13, 12:24PM)yopa Wrote: Everyone is using scripts...

Nope.
Thanks given by:
Pfft, for those saying I/we use tons of scripts, here's my autoexec (there's only one at the bottom, feel free to steal it):

Most players use/have use scripts, if you find a way to ban them or at least detect their use, go ahead and the guilty will take the consequences, until then stop complaining.
Thanks given by:
@Vanqu!sh,

You are gonna get an "alias not found" error every time you click the left mouse button >.>
Thanks given by:
He's a dummy, he forgot to post the following of his "saved.cfg" file from My Documents.
After he told me that, I was like "no no it's impossible, the alias must be somewhere"
In fact the script he uses is definitely saved into his saved.cfg and corresponds to the script called DAMAGE SCRIPT in the .rC's honesty thread
Thanks given by:
(13 May 13, 06:54PM)DamDam Wrote: the .rC's honesty thread

Your thread is just showing rC doesn't respect the rule number 2, sorry but your clan is not playing AssaultCube.
Thanks given by:
So u're simply saying no scripts r allowed in AC now? So why should it even be possible to make scripts then?
Thanks given by:
(13 May 13, 08:01PM)yopa Wrote: So u're simply saying no scripts r allowed in AC now? So why should it even be possible to make scripts then?

What you didn't understand in "you must play fair"?
Thanks given by:
(13 May 13, 07:54PM).ExodusS* Wrote: Your thread is just showing rC doesn't respect the rule number 2, sorry but your clan is not playing AssaultCube.

If not playing AssaultCube means not playing you in clan matches, then i'm totally fine with that, since we barely ever played you & your rage in any clan matches.

Not everyone uses script, fine. But why should we forbid some of us to use it. You hate on .rC for using scripts that many people use (Damage, bullets & nade script). The only difference we had with other players is that we experimented a script by ourselves (respawning script) and kept it for ourselves before making it public.

Oh wait... it reminds me of oNe & the Damage script, but you did not piss them off with it, did you?

As far as I know, we, the .rC| team, have almost always had a good & respectful behavior towards our opponent, and people who actually DO play matches can witness.
Besides some incidents, no complains was ever made until xenon started his drama.

Get off us ExodusS, get a life & revise your damn exams instead of pissing the hell out of some players who simply want to play the game as they like.
Whether you like it or not, we are using AR, we are spawnraping your ass, and doing high jumps without any binds, and we are also beating you in some clan matches, GET - OVER - IT & train instead of raging on your own. :)
Thanks given by:
I use Damage script. Ban me.
Thanks given by:
(13 May 13, 08:35PM)DamDam Wrote: im a fucking bastard...blablabla i rage at exoduss and i don't even know what fair means, we use script but we can because oNe and some did too, im a fag that makes drama everywhere, but only when i get personnal attack, i also play ar and i harass devs for having a new weapon balance and im proud of it

who is raging now
Thanks given by: