Poll: More or less official maps?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
More
76.09%
70 76.09%
Less
23.91%
22 23.91%
Total 92 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

More official maps, or less official maps?
I can't remember how some of those maps were like, and since akimbo is down can't really do much for now.
Thanks given by:
(24 Sep 12, 11:35PM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote: I can't remember how some of those maps were like, and since akimbo is down can't really do much for now.
1) akimbo's down? Geez.
2) again, can one of you map masters compile a list of DL links? If you have the maps it shouldn't be that hard to upload (say, mediafire).
Thanks given by:
Can we get Swat_silent_night in here somewhere? Doesn't have to be official, although that would be epic because it truly is a grand and awesome map, but is someone up for the challenge of bringing it to 1.1 map standards?
Thanks given by:
[spoiler=Download Links to some of the Maps in Question]
ac_oasis: [my upload]
ac_ruinas1.1: [link]
ac_fabrik: CGZ CFG (from http://www.kiwi.ac/weta/)
ac_blarg
ac_lainio: [my upload]
ac_ifran
ac_nocturne: [YWC's upload]
ac_frontline
ac_dingy: [link]
ac_wasteland: CGZ CFG (from http://www.kiwi.ac/weta/)
apollo_desertcity: [link]
apollo_arabicnight: [link]
ac_africa: CGZ CFG (from http://www.kiwi.ac/weta/)
ac_riverdry: [my upload]
ac_zanka: [my upload]
ac_swamp: [my upload]
ac_nest: [my upload]
ac_cavern: CGZ CFG (from http://www.kiwi.ac/weta/)
ac_venison: [my upload]
ac_venganza1.1: [link]
ac_casa: [my upload]
ac_derb: [my upload]
ac_parkour: [my upload]
ac_shortway: [my upload]
ac_village: [my upload]
ac_metl3: [my upload]
ac_iceroad_rework: [link]
ac_desertcity (not apollo_desertcity?)
ac_douze_rework (presumably by Halo)
ac_arid: in official release
apollo_arabian
ac_urban: in official release
ac_toxic: in official release
ac_terros: [my upload]
ac_snow: in official release
ac_rattrap: in official release
ac_petrol
ac_palenque
ac_outpost: in official release
ac_ore: [my upload]
ac_dusk: [BoB's upload] (from http://ladder.thebillybobs-rocking-on.net/ac-maps)
ac_keller: in official release
ac_italy
ac_industrial (ac_industrialisies): CGZ CFG (from SVN repo)
ac_hq1.1: [link]
ac_gothic: in official release
ac_fort1.1
ac_forgotten
ac_edifice: CGZ CFG (from SVN repo)
ac_douze: in official release
ac_desert: in official release
ac_culvert1.1: [my upload]
ac_crane: [my upload]
ac_base1.1: [link]
ac_aqueous: in official release[/spoiler]

As you can tell, I don't have links to all of them.
EDIT: If anyone has any of the maps that aren't up, you could PM me a link to them... you know... only if you want to...
Thanks given by:
inb4 custom maps,etc. push release over 100 mb's.
Thanks given by:
(26 Sep 12, 10:21AM)Orynge Wrote: As you can tell, I don't have links to all of them.
EDIT: If anyone has any of the maps that aren't up, you could PM me a link to them... you know... only if you want to...
Ahh, thank you for that :D much appreciated.
Lolwtf was that briny link.
Thanks given by:
the point isn't decision ;) how to express it ?

Thanks given by:
(28 Sep 12, 12:54AM)Alien Wrote: the point isn't decision ;)
Is this what you mean...?
[Image: 27528361.jpg]
Thanks given by:
We did a 2v2, swapped sides for game 2 on new iceroad. Probably not the best for 2v2 ctf...but yeah. Seems like there are too many paths for 2v2, but that will make pubs less crowded feeling & maybe be nicer for 3v3 matches. I'm not personally in love with it, but it's different enough from other officials that I wouldn't mind it, and I have a use for it for cm's. <3
http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/6116/...45f081.png
http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/2680/8e20...d8502f.png

Undead, check some of the spawns. I spawned with my face in the wall once, and another time I was facing in the wrong direction as well.

Halo, make it so I don't get stuck here on ac_arctic. In this case, I couldn't escape without suicide. Depends where you get stuck, if you can get out it seems. Ignore the hacking rvsf guy floating to the left.
http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/875/d...a84c18.png
Or modernize the map while you're at it. <3 It's outdated and you're much better nowadays.
Thanks given by:
(18 Sep 12, 06:33PM)Undead Wrote: ac_venison - i think its a great map for 3vs3, but the main issue is that the map is large and the sides dont interconnect at all while having sight of each other, which could be fixed. as with the other maps, it has little things that can be fixed. needs testing in a proper clan match.

[Image: venison_HD_slideshow.gif]

It could be changed, by allowing to jump over the fences in the middle (little modifications)

I did that on purpose with keeping in mind that argument.

i like better the thought of the non acces to the flanc, because a lot more teamplay is needed in that case.

My maps will also be updated for futured ac releases if necessary.

Basically, existing maps should not be removed.

Especially FD likes to train and vote the less played maps and modes (Werk HTF, Keller CTF, optional Toxic HTF), Which makes matches interesting and brings also challenge for our opponents.

It's kinda unfair if a clan spent time and energy to train their skill on a map, which gets removed afterward. (doesn't matter which)

Some maps are unplayed, like Toxic or Arabian, because they simply does not work on Mac, it's predefined that one has a mac and can't play it. Which leads to even not try to vote anymore.

I would also like that you have a view on my other map ac_savana.

Thank you for your oppinions. Special Thanks to Undead for considering my map as official.
Thanks given by:
(29 Sep 12, 03:10AM)Nightmare Wrote: We did a 2v2, swapped sides for game 2 on new iceroad. Probably not the best for 2v2 ctf...but yeah. Seems like there are too many paths for 2v2, but that will make pubs less crowded feeling & maybe be nicer for 3v3 matches. I'm not personally in love with it, but it's different enough from other officials that I wouldn't mind it, and I have a use for it for cm's. <3
http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/6116/...45f081.png
http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/2680/8e20...d8502f.png

I would agree that there are too many paths, and due to that I could never really figure out quite where I was... even with a minimap. But the scores might not really show the balancing of the map, I was playing pretty badly. ;P
Thanks given by:
(04 Oct 12, 06:59PM)fundog Wrote: Some maps are unplayed, like Toxic or Arabian, because they simply does not work on Mac, it's predefined that one has a mac and can't play it. Which leads to even not try to vote anymore.
Actually, if one wishes to solve this problem, just redownload the .cgz (and .cfg file is there is one) and you should be all right.
That said, however, throughout my time on AC I've been unable to solve my issue with ac_village, which 1) not only prevents me from spawning but 2) also causes my client to spas out, switching between the actual map and the black and red AC start screen...
Thanks given by:
Quote:Some maps are unplayed, like Toxic or Arabian, because they simply does not work on Mac,

What are you talking about?
Thanks given by:
There's a glitch in maps like those where the player just can't spawn
Thanks given by:
(05 Oct 12, 12:54AM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote: There's a glitch in maps like those where the player just can't spawn

I thought it was something to do with the map version as opposed to a glitch? Also, why has that not been changed in the OSX download available on the site?

P.S. Only 25 more till Shad stops posting like a fiend :P
Thanks given by:
Maybe it's the map version, idk. It seems to work for non-mac users though :P.
Idk, ask wahnfred Reagan :P.

P.S. Quiet you.
Thanks given by:
(23 Sep 12, 02:21PM)HarDZi!nN+ Wrote: i vote for new official maps

Why don't put shad-99 maps ?
He's maps are awesome

like ac_assault & ac_dangurdead

That maps are awesome rlly amazing are my fav maps of him

and some of less maps like everyone of them (douze & desert & desert3 can stay) the others i hate (sorry for who made them its my opion)

(Sorry for english)

Why F1 ?
Why not F2 ?
Why everyone vote F1 ?
VOTE F2 People !
-hehe HARDY! :)

I preciate your consern of my maps ... -but i stopped belivieve in this community a long time ago xD.. -they simpley don't like my maps.. .. and frankly i don't even care.. -never has :P

So that's why i stopped making new maps cos it's no use anyway xD..
-well that sad and back to my own bussiness! :) -bye and over and out.
Thanks given by:
your maps are one of the most frequented around here, shad. of course not in matches since their layout is quite simple or unbalanced here and there, but they are well played on pubs, where many (!) servers have them in their maprot. so this:
shad-99 Wrote:they simpley don't like my maps
is invalid.
Thanks given by:
(05 Oct 12, 05:28PM)kleinkariert Wrote: your maps are one of the most frequented around here, shad. of course not in matches since their layout is quite simple or unbalanced here and there, but they are well played on pubs, where many (!) servers have them in their maprot. so this:
shad-99 Wrote:they simpley don't like my maps
is invalid.

I've seen worse maps then mine as official maps?.. -and balancing isn't all ?.. it's how good and trained you are playing diff. maps that makes u a good player :D
I've been into gaming in CS when it first came out and now a bit of gaming (old school) .. :P.. -so i don't buy that crap :P
Well some sk. expert will problably say.. But this is AC?... you can't say that?.. -Huhhh ,, shivering thought! :).. -Let them belive that and move on :)

well enough sad about that!.. -Take care guys xD

I'm out any how..
Thanks given by:
space douze keels douze
<3
Thanks given by:
mini douze trumps all though :3
Thanks given by:
(05 Oct 12, 05:28PM)kleinkariert Wrote: of course not in matches since their layout is quite simple or unbalanced here and there,
ac_douze ac_desert ac_werk ac_keller ac_depot. Your argument is invalid.
Thanks given by:
Lol. You rarely see douze in matches mate. Desert too.

Idk why you crossed off werk, that's probably the most popular of the maps you listed lol. I'm surprised you call 2 of the largest official maps "simple."
Thanks given by:
Just cause they're big doesn't make them complex. ac_keller is a simple 8 track and ac_depot is practically a 0. Try running through them, not many rooms give you more than 2 exits.
Also, it wasn't about being in matches, it was about what maps are picked to be official. Gawd ShadowZ, gawd.
Thanks given by:
klein said "in matches."
Gawd BurpSlurp, gawd.
;)
Thanks given by:
Oh yeah. Oopsie.
Thanks given by:
(06 Oct 12, 07:53PM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote: Lol. You rarely see douze in matches mate. Desert too.

Idk why you crossed off werk, that's probably the most popular of the maps you listed lol. I'm surprised you call 2 of the largest official maps "simple."
I saw Douze CTF voted some time ago w00p vs MyS so they do vote it, also in 1vs1s . Desert as well for 1vs1. Still match. Both have a very simple lay-out. Desert is basically one middle room and 4 rooms around it. Just like not mentioned yet: ac_gothic. I dont know if you even looked at ac_depot :P but seriously that lay-out is extremely simple: just an 0 as Hurp said. Doesnt mean its a bad map, doesnt mean that any of those maps are bad, but they have a simple lay-out, just as some of shads maps. I crossed werk because i meant keller. But werk doesnt have what id call a simple lay-out. 8-track keller has a very simple lay-out though. Even though let me make this clear: simple lay-outs are mostly only a good thing for a map. Im just saying that its not a reason to say to shad that his lay-outs are simple and thus none of his maps can become official.
Thanks given by:
YesWeCamp Wrote:Im just saying that its not a reason to say to shad that his lay-outs are simple and thus none of his maps can become official.
you missed the point of my reply to shad's post, congratulations.
Thanks given by:
(07 Oct 12, 01:23PM)kleinkariert Wrote:
YesWeCamp Wrote:Im just saying that its not a reason to say to shad that his lay-outs are simple and thus none of his maps can become official.
you missed the point of my reply to shad's post, congratulations.
Thanks :) So when a point is made with wrong arguments is it still a good point? I doubt it. Your point was, i pressume, that shad doesnt have to whine since his maps are played often on pubs. Then as an argument you state his lay-outs are often too simple for matchplay. Bullcrap if you ask me.
Thanks given by:
Jesus,so much tension.
YWC: If I were including 1x1's in matches (and by matches I meant inters/CMs) then I wouldn't have said douze and desert aren't played that often (I would know, I've voted douze in 1v1s before :3).
If you continue with that argument, you could say that a bunch of maps are rather "simple"...
As klein said, shad-99's maps would be fun for pubs for sure (as they are presently), but I'm not so sure about for matches. He wasn't at all implying that shad-99 was "whining" - you brought that up! :P
Thanks given by: