Poll: More or less official maps?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
More
76.09%
70 76.09%
Less
23.91%
22 23.91%
Total 92 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

More official maps, or less official maps?
More fuking maps of course!! This is really surprising to me that you guys need a thread to ask this question..anyone who wants less, suck it.
Get 1 or 2 of apollos maps in here!
Thanks given by:
(19 Sep 12, 04:38AM)DogDancing Wrote: More fuking maps of course!! This is really surprising to me that you guys need a thread to ask this question..anyone who wants less, suck it.
Get 1 or 2 of apollos maps in here!

Thanks given by:
(18 Sep 12, 03:31PM)Undead Wrote:
(18 Sep 12, 11:55AM)RAMPAGE Wrote: It's too big responsibility for just one person, and I think one person (whoever he or she is) cannot be given that power.On the other hand, group of experienced players could do the job for us.

probably because you cant fathom the responsibility yourself.

Don't know what it has to do with me. I am not planing to be the one running the show. I suggested Undead (because of his experience in that matter) to be one of the guys (not the first in line, and God knows, not the only one that will decide for all of us). There are lots of reasons why Undead doesn't deserve that honor, apart from general lack of respect and trolling attitude. Have in mind that two (or more) heads are better than one.
Thanks given by:
(19 Sep 12, 08:06AM)RAMPAGE Wrote: Have in mind that two (or more) heads are better than one.
And it all goes back to my "analogy", XD XD XD XD XD
ALL of Shad-99 maps official, plox...
Thanks given by:
(19 Sep 12, 08:06AM)RAMPAGE Wrote: Don't know what it has to do with me. I am not planing to be the one running the show. I suggested Undead (because of his experience in that matter) to be one of the guys (not the first in line, and God knows, not the only one that will decide for all of us). There are lots of reasons why Undead doesn't deserve that honor, apart from general lack of respect and trolling attitude. Have in mind that two (or more) heads are better than one.

The only reason I suggest one person over several is the clarity of direction it gives and because I know he can get the job done where I fear many people will result in endless bureaucracy. A small team is a good compromise if you like.

Also, relax about what Undead deserves and let's focus on getting the best result whoever does it.
Thanks given by:
(19 Sep 12, 01:40AM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote: If people in pubs play douze ctf, then just let them play it <_<.

if people really want it someone will probably make a modified version in the next version. you should still remove the flag spawns on it.
Thanks given by:
(19 Sep 12, 11:35AM)Roflcopter Wrote: Also, relax about what Undead deserves and let's focus on getting the best result whoever does it.

Well said. This has been my motto to all who discuss this topic. I Believe in you Undead, and I know you can do it. We've got a good team of helpers, let's do this iiiissshhh
Thanks given by:
(19 Sep 12, 02:18PM)Undead Wrote: if people really want it someone will probably make a modified version in the next version. you should still remove the flag spawns on it.

This has already been done. I think 3 months, 4 weeks ago.

Also, I think I heard people talking about adding ac_avenue? Already added 3 months ago.
Thanks given by:
(19 Sep 12, 11:35AM)Roflcopter Wrote: The only reason I suggest one person over several is the clarity of direction it gives

instead of one person or ten, why not have a small number that isnt one, such as three?
Thanks given by:
I'm to lazy to read, persons to do what? Decided on maps?

Also remember that thing we used to have, thanks to Razor for starting..the map pack(s). It never got to far off the ground..but was a good idea.
Thanks given by:
(19 Sep 12, 11:52PM)Cemer Wrote:
(19 Sep 12, 11:35AM)Roflcopter Wrote: The only reason I suggest one person over several is the clarity of direction it gives

instead of one person or ten, why not have a small number that isnt one, such as three?
inb4 Wafflcopterdead|oNe|.
Thanks given by:
I agree with Cole and Wolf
Thanks given by:
(19 Sep 12, 01:48AM)Misty Wrote: You know, the US government thought the same thing about the Stock Market with all of that economic liberalism, until it went to shit in 1929.
Because heaven forbid the Douze market should crash and all the Douze brokers go broke and have no more Douze to throw their money into (Doesn't sound so bad when I put it like that ;-).

DogDancing Wrote:I'm to lazy to read, persons to do what? Decided on maps?
Persons to engage in an intelligent discussion, to come up with ideas and solutions that the devs can pick from (without having to guess and thereby unavoidably disappoint the community). This group forming a consensus is a potent sign of likelihood of the idea being accepted by the devs.
Thanks given by:
Dog is right in one thing, it is like you would shout in pub "More or less beers ?", people under desks would answer "Nooo" and newcomers would answer "Yeees". It would be more constructive if you would say what is your target and then ask for the acceptable path in the community. I miss professionalism in making decisions, for example stats from MS how stands new maps, even that stupid project of SKB is more informative.
Thanks given by:
More maps is better, but unless there will be a way to divide maps according to size / mode, then no matter how much we like a small map in CMs or 1v1, we'll have bad experiences playing them in 8-10 vs pubs. People have mentioned that before in this thread, that certain maps were made for certain modes, so if we can compartmentalize them in some way so they aren't played inefficiently, we'll be able happier and have more quality maps. I may edit this later when I formulate my thoughts further.
Thanks given by:
My point was that the developers should interfere with what's being played, not what you so cleverly said, V-Man. The government wouldn't interfere, and the crash happened; whatever is on control of things should keep an eye on things, before they get out of hand. And they did this to dust2 a while back, right? It was being played incredibly often and now it isn't, when that was done, AC players could pay attention to other maps... kinda what I meant. But, you know, whatever, let's keep the clever slams going.
Thanks given by:
I actually agree, I'd like to get rid of ac_douze.
I just really liked the comparison to the stock market.
Thanks given by:
I agree with the idea of getting rid of ac_douze.

Side note: More maps isn't a bad idea.
Thanks given by:
No point posting in this thread 'cause theirs an elitest forum where all of the elitest's hang out, and discuss how no spread should be in ac.
* Xenon thinks why some of the best mappers aren't in that forum.
Thanks given by:
Isn't one of your favorite maps douze?
Thanks given by:
for 1v1 yes?
Thanks given by:
you makKe me sick
Thanks given by:
(21 Sep 12, 09:15AM)Xenon Wrote: No point posting in this thread 'cause theirs an elitest forum where all of the elitest's hang out, and discuss how no spread should be in ac.
And this is the essence of your contributions here, which is why we're having discussions somewhere else.
For the record: "no spread in AC" is not even being considered. Don't fool yourself.
If you think there are better mappers than the people who are in there, send me a PM instead of making up crap to publicly whine about.
Thanks given by:
I've given tonnes of suggestions in both threads, no-one listens then randoms that do jack shit on the forums get invites. I understand you guys want pretty, easy spread games but that's not AC. No Spread is being suggested, and I know this. Also their is range being discussed, i mean why not share it publicly? Is it top secret?
Thanks given by:
(21 Sep 12, 02:15PM)V-Man Wrote:
(21 Sep 12, 09:15AM)Xenon Wrote: No point posting in this thread 'cause theirs an elitest forum where all of the elitest's hang out, and discuss how no spread should be in ac.
And this is the essence of your contributions here, which is why we're having discussions somewhere else.
For the record: "no spread in AC" is not even being considered. Don't fool yourself.
If you think there are better mappers than the people who are in there, send me a PM instead of making up crap to publicly whine about.
PM sent, awaiting response.
For everyone to know, I asked for a list of the people who have access to that forum, to be able to suggest moar.
Transparency FTW! XD
Thanks given by:
(21 Sep 12, 06:13PM)Xenon Wrote: I've given tonnes of suggestions in both threads, no-one listens then randoms that do jack shit on the forums get invites.

I want to know who you think is on the forum. Because afaik no one besides the devs knows the complete list of who has access.
Thanks given by:
I can name a few, not all but a few.
Larry, Waffles, Vanquish, DogDancing, Halo, V-Man, Aerifiende or whatever, Undead.

MacM and Anderson? Anderson only uses a shotgun and has no clue what assaultcube is.

That's a 1/4th of the people on this 'special forum' where only 1337 members can access.
Thanks given by:
I am as 1337 as any of those suckers freaks fellas, I demand my pass and a badge saying : "Im a n00b and loving it".
Really, a public list should have been published as soon as this "council" was formed, but, do as you guys please, as long as a gema representative is in the council... WAIT, LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLLLOLLLLOlo, wdf am I saying! No gema player is "elite", damn, mi gozo en un pozo.
Thanks given by:
Xenon didn't you use to hack? Using that dynamic IP I see... ;).
Thanks given by:
Can we at least view the discussions going on? Just remove the ability to post.
Thanks given by: