Poll: More or less official maps?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
More
76.09%
70 76.09%
Less
23.91%
22 23.91%
Total 92 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

More official maps, or less official maps?
(22 Sep 12, 12:06AM)Aekom Wrote: Can we at least view the discussions going on? Just remove the ability to post.
If there were a +1 karma or Thanks button I'd have smashed it by now after this post.

Can we also appeal to join \:D.
Thanks given by:
I F2 the everyone being able to view it. All it would do is cause people to want to be able to comment, and then make threads in the other forums about things they read in there.

There are ample places to discuss the various issues of AC. This is the portion of the site that we make suggestions and comments and offer feedback when asked.

Ostensibly, the private forum would be for free discussion between devs and whoever else is in there to hash things out. Pretty much like has been asked for in this very thread. But since something like it has been implemented, now people don't like it. WTF.
Thanks given by:
I've never asked for that personally and I want to be able to see where the game is headed. Why should things be kept in the dark for the rest of us? We're all fans and players of this game.
Thanks given by:
(22 Sep 12, 12:07AM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote: Can we also appeal to join \:D.

You aren't even supposed to be here!

(22 Sep 12, 01:43AM)failure Wrote: I F2 the everyone being able to view it. All it would do is cause people to want to be able to comment, and then make threads in the other forums about things they read in there.

There are ample places to discuss the various issues of AC. This is the portion of the site that we make suggestions and comments and offer feedback when asked.

Ostensibly, the private forum would be for free discussion between devs and whoever else is in there to hash things out. Pretty much like has been asked for in this very thread. But since something like it has been implemented, now people don't like it. WTF.

I'd agree, however one of the core reasons for this is to provide something for the devs to focus on and look at. It removes most of the clutter and hopes that the good stuff will shine through and not get covered up. If new threads get made, so be it, the devs don't have to watch those. The private forums are for more guided discussions, which cannot happen in the public forums.

The advantage for them being public is the fact that other people might have insight and contact the people who can post. If it is good insight, then it will end up on there.
Thanks given by:
Half the spastics in the new forum don't deserve to be there. I have no issue not being in there because people will tell me what's going on but some people that get put in truly astonish me.
Thanks given by:
If you want to argue and display your deep disagreements with the way the private forum was made, do another thread, but this thread is for the official map packs so focus on that.
Thanks given by:
I think that changing the player limit on a map will make more of a difference than anything else, given that we're going to get the new mastermode.

I've noticed that on certain games, you see a "Recommended players:" section on the map menu, such as "4v4" or "8v8", depending on the size, dynamics and general gameplay of a map. The player limit on SVN at the moment has been decreased from 20 down to 16, but I have a feeling this won't be good enough for most of the maps.

Playing an 8v8 pub game at ac_arid, for example, is going to be just as bad as when we had it at 10v10. My suggestion is to implement a unique max. player limit for each of the official maps. These are my recommendations, but change it as you please:

ac_aqueous - 6v6
ac_arabian - 8v8
ac_arctic - 6v6
ac_arid - 4v4
ac_avenue - 8v8
ac_complex - 6v6
ac_depot - 6v6
ac_desert - 6v6
ac_desert2 - 6v6
ac_desert3 - 8v8
ac_douze - 4v4
ac_ediface - 8v8
ac_elevation - 6v6
ac_gothic - 6v6
ac_iceroad_rework - 8v8 ( http://forum.cubers.net/thread-5838-post...#pid108951 )
ac_industrial - 8v8
ac_ingress - 6v6
ac_keller - 8v8
ac_mines - 6v6
ac_outpost - 6v6
ac_power - 8v8
ac_rattrap - 4v4
ac_scaffold - 4v4
ac_shine - 6v6
ac_snow - 4v4
ac_stellar - 6v6
ac_sunset - 6v6
ac_toxic - 6v6
ac_urban - 6v6
ac_werk - 6v6
Thanks given by:
^F1111
Thanks given by:
Preach it.
Thanks given by:
(22 Sep 12, 05:49AM)Xenon Wrote: Half the spastics in the new forum don't deserve to be there. I have no issue not being in there because people will tell me what's going on but some people that get put in truly astonish me.

This will be my final post on this subject. Anything else I will have to say about it will be communicated using warning points and bans.

The private forum is not a decision-making group. We (devs) wanted people to have focused discussions (about lots of things, not just mapping) and we wanted to be able to pull ideas from it without having to sort through protests and flaming (as you're bringing here). The people who are in that forum is not subject to your review, it is not negotiable, and it is not something you need to concern yourself over. It is not a group of people we have somehow empowered to decide how AC is going to be. It is a group of people whose discussions we want to monitor.
It is rude and rash to call them spastics. In fact, their lack of spasticity is what drew our attention to them. You, on the other hand, rage and thrash the minute you think your ideas are being ignored. That is spastic.
To the contrary, your ideas have been read and considered. Just because we don't publicly thank you for every single one doesn't mean we don't consider them.

As far there being "elite" here:
By my definition, this community has had a niche for all sorts of "elite" people in all different aspects of it. Some elites run servers. Some elites serve as admin on those servers. Some elites lead clans. Some elites help run the clans. Some elites moderate this forum. Some elites offer mapmodels, scripts, textures, and maps to the community. Some elites organize events. Some elites offer their bandwidth for these events. Some elites take part in serious discussions and have enough self-control to avoid flaming or whining off-topic. Some elites develop the game. In fact, the only people in this community who are not elite are people who contribute nothing useful.

So yes, you're right. This community is run by the elite. That's because the community functions, and those who contribute are those who propagate its content. The only real issue with this is that sometimes people choose not to be elite because it is somehow more appealing to make loud posts about how they think some decision others have made is bad.
If you're ready to do your part, then do your part. I will insist, however, that your part is not trying to tell us how to run this forum or this game. It can be any of the productive things I mentioned. Get involved in a productive way. Resist the temptation to assume the worst. Go frag and have fun.

* V-Man wanders off to finish the documentation
Thanks given by:
I've tested with a few others around 10 new maps that people have suggested, a lot of the maps we played would be really nice for pub but when it comes down to inters/cm's you can see the bias really come out. We really do need that 7.5 minute half like thing, a lot of the most successful games like Counter Strike:1.6, CoD:4 half a half time switch so that you get to play both sides, to an even extent.
Thanks given by:
i vote for new official maps

Why don't put shad-99 maps ?
He's maps are awesome

like ac_assault & ac_dangurdead

That maps are awesome rlly amazing are my fav maps of him

and some of less maps like everyone of them (douze & desert & desert3 can stay) the others i hate (sorry for who made them its my opion)

(Sorry for english)

Why F1 ?
Why not F2 ?
Why everyone vote F1 ?
VOTE F2 People !
Thanks given by:
Aekom, but what would happen when a full server with a 8v8 map would change to a 4v4 map? Would the players get kicked? It's a really good idea in theory, but it's not going to be easy to implement.
Thanks given by:
Spectate! :D
Thanks given by:
Followed by a massive AFK kick? :D
Thanks given by:
Not if AFK-kick no longer applies to spectators.
@Alien: It probably is.
Thanks given by:
in response to Aekom's post, there should definitely be a differentiation between the limit on pubs and in match mode, and is much more important. i would leer away from enforcing a limit on pubs, as that is just the result of bad server administration, and servers that don't play 10v10 arid will have more people playing on them.
for something like gothic it should be a 4 or 6 person max, in fact most maps should be a 4/6 person max besides power/iceroad/etc.
Thanks given by:
To better understand who all wants what, you can now take a survey: Here. It includes many maps talked abou on this thread and others.
Thanks given by:
can we see the current results, reagan?
Thanks given by:
Can we also have a list of the map DL links as well?

The only one I can think of off the top of my head is hovel, which seems all right for 1v1s...
Thanks given by:
Still missing some sexy maps on survey list :(
Thanks given by:
ac_nuuk would be great
Thanks given by:
OH yeah that's a nice one.
But it was made by a hacker so...
* Oracle thinks the AC devs like keeping things P.C., if ya know what he means ;D

Nah jk.
But srsly, it's a decent map.
Thanks given by:
(24 Sep 12, 01:52AM)Cemer Wrote: can we see the current results, reagan?

When I figure out how to yes.

This survey was created with V-Wifey and V-Man.
Thanks given by:
Great survey.
Thanks given by:
In order to save time with the survey taker and the devs compiling information, If Ron requests me to add more, i will. Otherwise I assume these are the only maps up for debate.
Thanks given by:
Only RR can request to add more to the survey? O.O
Thanks given by:
I removed some maps just to make it shorter. For instance, I think that a massive reconstruction of ac_greenpeace would have to be done before it could be considered. So I removed that map.

Results (Thus far, vote if you haven't already): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?...DlhNnFramc
Thanks given by:
how about ac_dust2 its a great map !
Thanks given by:
(24 Sep 12, 08:57PM)HarDZi!nN+ Wrote: how about ac_dust2 its a great map !
[Image: 601.jpg]
Thanks given by: