7th Official Mapping Contest
Yep, I've actually seen a couple visual pleasing gema's without randomly floating TVs.

But not to belittle your post. To put it simply, gemas are too different than normal maps to be judged in the same category.
Thanks given by:
What RR means is that GEMAs are too amazing to be judged, of course ;).
Thanks given by:
I intentionally left the second part as non-judgmental as I could :|
Thanks given by:
Me dancing when it hits midnight and Snoosnoo hasn't entered.
Thanks given by:
wrong day, deadline is tomorrow at midnight, the 10th is the last possible day to enter
Thanks given by:
:3
Thanks given by:
Yep, I'll be releasing it. Don't you worry, Nightmare ;)
Thanks given by:
* Nightmare thinks up big, evil strategy.

Show three downloads to previous maps you've done.
* Nightmare calls snoo a newcomer.
Thanks given by:
Pi_Halo Wrote:deadline is tomorrow at midnight, the 10th is the last possible day to enter
well, that's gonna be close. lol
Thanks given by:
This has actually happened in the past and I feel I must point it out. As long as its technically the 10th somewhere on the globe a person can still enter. That has happened in the past like I said. Best of luck to everyone
Thanks given by:
Snoo wouldn't have to submit his map as a newcomer even if he could.
Thanks given by:
:3
Thanks given by:
Well after toiling for many hours on my first ever map, I am releasing this badboy in the newcomer category. It's called ac_berry and I don't know how to put in flags in the map so I'd say it's suited best for T/DM, T/OSOK, PF, or LSS modes. After lengthy testing, I have also determined it to have quite nice gameplay with anywhere from 2 to 20 players. A versatile map, I must say. Enjoy!

DL link here.
Thanks given by:
entities - > rvsf/cla flags
o.o;
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the help Nightmare, but I'm afraid it's too late.
Thanks given by:
You can update it. You could've also asked for help ;)

Its not helping on the map if it is just "how do I do this", it is just helping learn how to map. Which is perfectly fine.
Thanks given by:
(09 Sep 12, 09:57PM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: You can update it. You could've also asked for help ;)

Its not helping on the map if it is just "how do I do this", it is just helping learn how to map. Which is perfectly fine.

I know. I'm fine with the way it turned out though :P I don't plan on making another map until the next mapping contest.
Thanks given by:
Any chance we'll get some maps worth playing? i.e. for newbs and vets? Mhmmm...
Thanks given by:
(10 Sep 12, 12:37PM)MorganKell Wrote: Any chance we'll get some maps worth playing? i.e. for newbs and vets? Mhmmm...

I suggest Snoosnoo's map, ac_discovery, if he releases it today. Hopefully actually finished and not just entering for an autowin. No annoying custom content, four months of work, solid & familiar layout. Should be good. Plus Halo whips his clanmates until their maps have more details than ac_stellar.
Thanks given by:
(10 Sep 12, 01:26PM)Nightmare Wrote: I suggest Snoosnoo's map, ac_discovery, if he releases it today. Hopefully actually finished and not just entering for an autowin. No annoying custom content, four months of work, solid & familiar layout. Should be good. Plus Halo whips his clanmates until their maps have more details than ac_stellar.

Well, I can tell you that I'll release my map before midnight (In UK) regardless of whether it's complete or not. Though I got the idea of this map 4 months ago before the competition, I haven't exactly mapped on this every day and I had only one room for a fair few weeks. Not only was I finishing college, but I have encountered several problems with the map, and some areas have undergone serious reconstruction. This has also had an effect on other areas, creating more work for me. On the plus side though, it'll be far more player friendly, and I hope it works out. It won't be to the detail that I'd like it, but I shall update this in the future. My primary targets at the moment is to finish the whole map to a reasonable standard, and at least make it playable.

My intentions for trying to boast my map was to hopefully spark some competition to get more entries and to provide myself a motivation. As this didn't work, I find myself struggling to spend much time a day doing a solid bit of map making. Either way, it'll be completed to a reasonable standard, and I hope you enjoy it. :)
Thanks given by:
Yay! Snoo saves the day! I'm excited to see it.
Thanks given by:
STOP! THE CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED!

Best of luck to everyone who entered the contest and the judges will now take the time to submit their scores (PM them to me). We will try to get these scores posted as quick as possible and I will provide a link to download all the entries in one single download in my original post.
Thanks given by:
5 entries is pretty sad, especially since mine was a marketing ploy.
Pi sweep, gg's.
Congrats to bluesnoodurpson. :) <3
JG, this map shows that you've improved significantly from the last contest, so yay.

For next mapping contest, I hope for an extra month of time & a sexier theme. :)
Thanks given by:
GL to every entrant. And to the judges.

It's a shame the competition is slim, but think of the bright side - We get the finished products in the next few months rolling out of those that are ~75% finished / not able to meet the deadline. Like a (hopefully)early Christmas present
Thanks given by:
@Snoosnoo:
There is nothing new in your map, i really would see Undead advice, i bet he thinks like me about it.
Thanks given by:
* Nightmare is gunning for 3rd place overall.
Thanks given by:
(11 Sep 12, 05:04PM).ExodusS* Wrote: @Snoosnoo:
There is nothing new in your map, i really would see Undead advice, i bet he thinks like me about it.

He said it still needed work :>
Thanks given by:
they should make the prize of this an official map in the next version, that would be sick
Thanks given by:
^: Because the devs would agree to something like that, right?
Thanks given by:
There is no denying ac_berry will be official. I even hear the devs might remove all maps, including map editor and custom maps, and make ac_berry the map of AssaultCube.
Thanks given by: