Care to explain me something?
another thing I hate is when someone ask you for a cm and you don't want. and they insist again and again... and if I say no they tell i'm noob... if I say no is because I don't want play end of story
Thanks given by:
(27 Jun 12, 12:06AM)Undead Wrote: i would attribute this to the way shotgun's are in 1.1. people who are at the top end of skill can't do any better in pubs than people who use shotguns unless they're experienced in killing new players, which isn't skillful at all. bad players can do semi-ok with shotgun and become content with it, without improving at all. hence, we now have very little new players entering competitive play because there is no motivation to get better. i'd honestly just have the shotgun removed if i was in charge, since it doesn't fit AC's gameplay at all, but i'm sure someone could suggest a better solution that makes shotgun harder to use and rewards skill.

Part of what you say here is just nonsense, are you telling me that you can't do any better in pubs than semi-ok players with sg? Come on!! Any good player can rock the pubs if he decides to put just a little effort into it. If you have good aim you will do well in pubs no matter what guns others are using. Those like yourself who are in it for the competition just don't have the patience for pubs, since there is little to no competition there (we have ladders, sure but who relle cares about them?)
Like Doog said what you failing to understand is that some guys don't give a rats ass about AC's competitive scene, they just in it for crap maps, the IRC laughs and the eventual chaotic pub game. You can kill the sg if you like, but that won't make any difference caus a lot dudes just do not care about a league or a cup tittle enough to put the amount of time and effort necessary be become a good AC player.
Thanks given by:
@Doogum
My point in this thread was not really that all this aliasing is about egoboosting. Still I think it could happen that this is a reason. It was more to find out the reasons why people alias at all and how they think its good to do that.
@Roflcopter
Friendly, there you say something. I find aliasing and also saying that you arent ultimately unfriendly. If you find it funny to change your name during a match no problem I would say. If you find it funny to mislead your opponent I think it is being unfriendly.
Thanks given by:
@ElCrema, there is so much truth in undead´s words that Im amazed to see that anyone could disagree in this matter.
Undead@dev 27/06/2012
Thanks given by:
(27 Jun 12, 01:37PM)tipper|DES| Wrote: While I don’t mind your rather limited understanding of why people join clans in ac Undead, the truth while inconvenient to your rhetoric, is still the truth.

Undead wrote;
"DES haven't played a match since i was in it, so people stop asking you lot after the first few times."

The above just isn't true.

its true i assure you
i guess you're a bit jaded

(27 Jun 12, 06:23PM)ElCrema Wrote: Part of what you say here is just nonsense, are you telling me that you can't do any better in pubs than semi-ok players with sg? Come on!! Any good player can rock the pubs if he decides to put just a little effort into it. If you have good aim you will do well in pubs no matter what guns others are using. Those like yourself who are in it for the competition just don't have the patience for pubs, since there is little to no competition there (we have ladders, sure but who relle cares about them?)
Like Doog said what you failing to understand is that some guys don't give a rats ass about AC's competitive scene, they just in it for crap maps, the IRC laughs and the eventual chaotic pub game. You can kill the sg if you like, but that won't make any difference caus a lot dudes just do not care about a league or a cup tittle enough to put the amount of time and effort necessary be become a good AC player.

you didn't even read my post
Thanks given by:
(28 Jun 12, 08:16AM)Undead Wrote: its true i assure you
Even I played in a tournament match for DES, and I joined after you'd left, so it's not true. :)
Thanks given by:
Apart from being an insufferable egocentric tosser Undead, the small selection below also make you a liar.

[Image: e87b81b21c5bd9d282acafe8970ba9f16938b861...ff994g.jpg]

[Image: ee470a2f9e7c78fca95d0a436e9ddcae2fbdec74...0ca64g.jpg]

[Image: 6f90bbbea77ee443898f05a01debc731782f6e8b...33fc4g.jpg]

[Image: 93a7628f3c09fbba9c74f5b5c2d768735177e2c9...c8b44g.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(28 Jun 12, 11:32AM)tipper|DES| Wrote: Apart from being an insufferable egocentric tosser Undead, the small selection below also make you a liar.

[Image: e87b81b21c5bd9d282acafe8970ba9f16938b861...ff994g.jpg]

this only proves my point

hey, while we're at it with the insults, apart from being a conservative stuck up douche bag you're also an idiot.
Thanks given by:
Tipper, statements as that of Undead's nature are not to be taken literally. You haven't played a match for the past year. Moreover, instead of progressively contributing to the discussion, you post half a dozen of screenshots that were taken a year ago just to prove an absurd and subsequent segment of Undead's argument wrong while not actually leading the discussion on, really? Similar controversions are used to tactically slow down an argument, but really show lack of relevant and strong opinions/arguments.

So, either Undead is right, or Undead is right.
Thanks given by:
Erm, correct me if I'm wrong but Undead wrote that DES hadn't played a clan match since he was in DES.
He then had a chance to "adjust" his statement to something that more resembled the truth. He chose some smart arse comment instead.
There is no grey area here. He lied.
It may well be that he has a valid point to make but telling lies isn't going to assist his cause.

You may drivel on about controversial tactics and slowing an argument down as much as you wish; it doesn't alter the facts.
Thanks given by:
(28 Jun 12, 11:49AM)tipper|DES| Wrote: Erm, correct me if I'm wrong but Undead wrote that DES hadn't played a clan match since he was in DES.
He then had a chance to "adjust" his statement to something that more resembled the truth. He chose some smart arse comment instead.
There is no grey area here. He lied.
It may well be that he has a valid point to make but telling lies isn't going to assist his cause.

You may drivel on about controversial tactics and slowing an argument down as much as you wish; it doesn't alter the facts.

did u even read silent's post
Thanks given by:
Yes I did read Silent’s post.

I am quite happy for Undead to post his thought on the state of clan match playing in ac.
If however, I need to be selective about which parts I should take literally and which parts I should ignore then I’ll need some guidance. ;)

Are you suggesting that we should all make allowances for Undead and let him write a load of offensive and inaccurate bollocks while the rest of us stick to the facts?
Thanks given by:
We've played |DES| last year and this year, just to add some more to that~
Thanks given by:
I have personally asked DES for clan matches many time with always the same answer : no ty. According to me, DES do not make clan matches so I do not ask them anymore.
Maybe they do it sometime with their friends but that's all.
Btw this thread was not about DES clan right?
Thanks given by:
Thanks given by:
(27 Jun 12, 01:37PM)tipper|DES| Wrote: Undead wrote;
"DES haven't played a match since i was in it, so people stop asking you lot after the first few times."

The above just isn't true.

(28 Jun 12, 11:41AM)SiL3nT Wrote: Tipper, statements as that of Undead's nature are not to be taken literally. You haven't played a match for the past year. Moreover, instead of progressively contributing to the discussion, you post half a dozen of screenshots that were taken a year ago just to prove an absurd and subsequent segment of Undead's argument wrong while not actually leading the discussion on, really? Similar controversions are used to tactically slow down an argument, but really show lack of relevant and strong opinions/arguments.

So, either Undead is right, or Undead is right.

Undead made absolute statements. Absolute statements are usually inaccurate to some degree, so people point out those inaccuracies to set precedent that said absolute statements won't be used as freely again. In that regard, Tipper is 100% in the right to prove Undead wrong, as he did, by showing proof of matches. The time parameter set in Undeads argument was after he left DES, so Tipper / Nightmare / Jamz offered counter arguments.

Also let's call a spade a spade, you didn't successfully add anything to the argument either. You tried to discredit Tipper through condescension in order to support every and all of Undead's claims.

(27 Jun 12, 09:11PM)YesWeCamp Wrote: @Doogum
...It was more to find out the reasons why people alias at all and how they think its good to do that.

Reminder: This was the original point of the thread. At least add to that discussion when picking and choosing which part of someones argument to follow
Thanks given by:
(27 Jun 12, 12:06AM)Undead Wrote: i would attribute this to the way shotgun's are in 1.1. people who are at the top end of skill can't do any better in pubs than people who use shotguns unless they're experienced in killing new players, which isn't skillful at all. bad players can do semi-ok with shotgun and become content with it, without improving at all. hence, we now have very little new players entering competitive play because there is no motivation to get better. i'd honestly just have the shotgun removed if i was in charge, since it doesn't fit AC's gameplay at all, but i'm sure someone could suggest a better solution that makes shotgun harder to use and rewards skill.

been sayin this since 1.1 began.
no one will do anything about it bro :/
just let the game stagnate, and when the time comes we can move on :D
Thanks given by:
Again: A mojority of players couldn't care less about AC's competitive scene, only a fraction of players are in it for competitive reasons. Not everyone who likes to play online fps wants to spend hours of their days pratcing in order to become a pro gamer. People play AC for a variety of reasons, competition is just one of them. If the gameplay is changed to favor competition only you would drive a lot of the everyday noobs and newbies away and a game cannot survive without new players. That's why weapon balance is so hard and can't be a clan player's decision only. AC is much more a pub game than a match/league one.
Thanks given by:
(28 Jun 12, 05:06PM)Jason Wrote: been sayin this since 1.1 began.
no one will do anything about it bro :/
just let the game stagnate, and when the time comes we can move on :D

go away please

(28 Jun 12, 05:35PM)ElCrema Wrote: Again: A mojority of players couldn't care less about AC's competitive scene, only a fraction of players are in it for competitive reasons. Not everyone who likes to play online fps wants to spend hours of their days pratcing in order to become a pro gamer. People play AC for a variety of reasons, competition is just one of them. If the gameplay is changed to favor competition only you would drive a lot of the everyday noobs and newbies away and a game cannot survive without new players. That's why weapon balance is so hard and can't be a clan player's decision only. AC is much more a pub game than a match/league one.
please turn your direction to the success of games like counter strike, quake, dota, starcraft, etc, that focused on their competitive scene much more than the pub game. if there was no competitive scene in those games they wouldn't be nearly as popular as they are.
Thanks given by:
(28 Jun 12, 11:08PM)Undead Wrote: please turn your direction to the success of games like counter strike, quake, dota, starcraft, etc, that focused on their competitive scene much more than the pub game. if there was no competitive scene in those games they wouldn't be nearly as popular as they are.
All of those games (not sure about quake) cost, and we all know that many players that play here aren't interested in competitiveness, since most of those types of players rather pay for a game rather than practice day and day on a free game.
Thanks given by:
Imagine that I am a clan leader and have the brilliant idea to play against my own teamamtes aliased to see their behavior during the match.
Imagine I am someone not appreciated by some AC competitive players (ie: my clan dictator FredriK*, :3) but really want to play a match against DES (lol bad example, but I hope you get my point).
Imagine Im an ex-cheater who wants to get a new rep.
Imagine I am a clanless skilled player with a clanless skilled friend.
Imagine I am your friend aliased and I feel so embarrassed when the match ends after your seventh time asking me to show myself that I just say: Fuck this shit.
btw, undead´s statement is an hyperbole.
Thanks given by:
(29 Jun 12, 12:07AM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote:
(28 Jun 12, 11:08PM)Undead Wrote: please turn your direction to the success of games like counter strike, quake, dota, starcraft, etc, that focused on their competitive scene much more than the pub game. if there was no competitive scene in those games they wouldn't be nearly as popular as they are.
All of those games (not sure about quake) cost, and we all know that many players that play here aren't interested in competitiveness, since most of those types of players rather pay for a game rather than practice day and day on a free game.

league of legends is a free game that offers the same competitiveness as these games as well. quake live is also free.
Thanks given by:
So go and play those games and stop moaning like a school girl...
Thanks given by:
(29 Jun 12, 08:16AM)DES|Anderson Wrote: So go and play those games and stop moaning like a school girl...

stop trolling
Thanks given by:
No trolling here, it was on topic and relevant. If you find those games more enjoyable then go play them no one will mind or care AC is not a copy of other games it stands alone and thats why it appeals to a much wider group than any of those games you mentioned. The fact is plain and simple AC community is made up of more than just gamers who want to play cm's. Yes they are an important part of the community and give much to the game, but so do the pub players, the mappers, the devs, the server ops, the gema players, the ladder coders. This game does not revolve around an elite group who feel that their life is not complete without demonstrating they can beat someone at a computer game!

Regards playing under alias, you clan match guys reap what you sow there, its you guys who want to make AC competitive, well people who want to get to competitive level without being humiliated will use alias. And likewise I suspect that the uber elite will have to resort to alias in order to get a match sometimes, and for me that is not an issue as playing against players of a higher level is good for you.

One more point, you judge things from your own very narrow perspective. You say certain players do not play cm's, well have you ever considered that they do, they just do not play cm's with you and your buddies.
Thanks given by:
you never get better playing people worse then you
Thanks given by:
And we don't get better when we play people in a different league to us. Hence why we say no. >_>
Thanks given by:
Who actually wanna play racists and just generally jerks anyway?
Under alias or not, this will not happen.
Thanks given by:
you do snoosnoo... getting raped is a sign of getting better, because if you get raped you see what you did wrong. next time you do a little bit better every time.
Thanks given by:
(02 Jul 12, 10:16AM)Xenon Wrote: you do snoosnoo... getting raped is a sign of getting better, because if you get raped you see what you did wrong. next time you do a little bit better every time.

You're way off. If my schoolmates and i were to play football with Real Madrid everyday, would we improve much? Of course not, that's stupid.
Thanks given by: