Care to explain me something?
But theirs no chance someone in AC is that bad. That is in a clan ofcourse, apart from maybe tosok players only.
If oNe were to play HsoS - A french team. They are new to assaultcube and we actually played them not long ago. We won like 25-0 but just a few days ago, after them playing really good clans for a while we only won 12-8. This is a great improvement and I know they will be very good in the future
Thanks given by:
(02 Jul 12, 10:02AM)DES|OpenSource Wrote: How actually wanna play racists and just generally jerks anyway?
Under alias or not, this will not happen.
you're assuming im a racist without any evidence to the contrary, or you're just trolling(i suspect the latter, i don't think you're that stupid). i live in one of the most multicultural places on earth, grown up with mostly people of other races, and i can attest that i have no racist tendencies. you get extremely defensive whenever the name anders breivik pops up. i don't know why, is it because you're a racist yourself and you need to cover it up, or you want to make yourself appear like a good person to the AC community?
i understand your point though, but i don't have a problem playing against assholes if they're the only people on that can provide a good match. i think you're just using it as an alibi not to play.

(02 Jul 12, 07:47AM)DES|Anderson Wrote: If you find those games more enjoyable
i don't. my point is that if you take aspects from these games and apply them to AC, AC will benefit hugely as a result.

(02 Jul 12, 07:47AM)DES|Anderson Wrote: The fact is plain and simple AC community is made up of more than just gamers who want to play cm's.
as is every other multiplayer game

(02 Jul 12, 07:47AM)DES|Anderson Wrote: Yes they are an important part of the community and give much to the game, but so do the pub players, the mappers, the devs, the server ops, the gema players, the ladder coders. This game does not revolve around an elite group who feel that their life is not complete without demonstrating they can beat someone at a computer game!

yeah, i understand that(although i would hardly call a group with no power in the game an elitist group). if the competitive side is strengthened and encouraged then the other aspects of the game benefit as well. you can improve pub gameplay as well (from a dev standpoint) by adding a centralized ladder, login system, seperate masterserver for mods, etc. but then we're straying away from the discussion. you also need devs for that hehe.

(02 Jul 12, 07:47AM)DES|Anderson Wrote: they just do not play cm's with you and your buddies.
yeah, but i don't know about you but when i can't play the game i get angry and take it out on poor hype members who try to slyly par me off and go play inters.

another statement that i'd like to add:
if you get someone into the development team who can lead it well and knows what the hell needs to be done, we'll actually see some sort of progress to advance AC and make it a whole lot more popular. for reference: http://sourceforge.net/projects/actiongame/develop/. here you see only minor additions to the code, nothing done that vastly improves the game, and there are so, so many things that can be done to do this. not much is being done in the mapping department(no complaints regarding my maps, i really don't care, i just want to see more good maps in the package and some of those maps happen to be mine, so many maps can be fixed up a bit and put in to the package). i reworked iceroad a bit myself(to the point where it was playable in matches, very enjoyable gameplay), put 10+ hours in, sent it to the devs and nothing.
all this discussion means NOTHING if there is no development.
Thanks given by:
From my experience, you can only improve if playing against clans somewhat in your ballpark, better or worse. Teamwork grows, you start outshooting them, etc. Slowly playing better clans over time.

When we had to play aG, for their 3v3 tournament. Couldn't even get 5 AR shots off, even if you started shooting before them. xD
Can't get better being shredded like that. :)
Thanks given by:
People who alias themselves to play against weaker clans are just probably growing their egos. On the other hand, you play in a clan that's been around for a long time but you don't play any matches. For me, this looks like you are afraid of losing and hurting your ego. But, this topic has gone offtopic badly.
Thanks given by:
(02 Jul 12, 12:45PM)Undead Wrote: you're assuming im a racist without any evidence to the contrary, or you're just trolling(i suspect the latter, i don't think you're that stupid). i live in one of the most multicultural places on earth, grown up with mostly people of other races, and i can attest that i have no racist tendencies. you get extremely defensive whenever the name anders breivik pops up. i don't know why, is it because you're a racist yourself and you need to cover it up, or you want to make yourself appear like a good person to the AC community?
i understand your point though, but i don't have a problem playing against assholes if they're the only people on that can provide a good match. i think you're just using it as an alibi not to play.

Since you ask i can post log.
I have from other IRC channels as well if your memory is so bad.

Wanting a mass-murder and muslim hater to be emperor must mean you share his views and that makes you a racist in my eyes at least. I cant talk for anyone else.

Look in your own IRC channel logs and see for your self.
Do i connect to oNe IRC any more? No i dont, and i will never do it again.
I dont want anything to do with you. Not in this or any other games and certainly not in real life.

Why i do it?
Cos im getting sick of some members of this community thinking they can say, do and act in whatever way they want without someone even trying to set things strait/in the light it should be.

And to the "get extremely defensive whenever the name anders breivik pops up" maybe you should think two times what this name means to people in Norway.
You ever think maybe i lost my sister or brother in the shooting at Utøya?

Edit: Since pastebin is a bit messed up i post log here to.
[2012-02-28 08:09:02] -->| YOU (DES|OpenSource) have joined #one-chat
[2012-02-28 08:09:02] =-= Topic for #one-chat is ``Welcome to #one-chat, www.o-n-e.co.nr || http://tinyurl.com/5utuko8 || http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DivAlkAvxxc || http://hatefarm.com/comic/walter-the-shy-necrophiliac/ || http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvkp6p676V1qh91hvo1_500.jpg''
[2012-02-28 08:09:02] =-= Topic for #one-chat was set by *.GameSurge.net on Sun 19 Feb 2012 09:19:30 AM CET
[2012-02-28 08:09:02] =-= Mode #one-chat +v DES|OpenSource by ChanServ
[2012-02-28 08:11:04] <Mael> hi
[2012-02-28 08:11:51] <Justiciar_Knight_AndersBreivik> how are you?
[2012-02-28 08:13:32] <DES|OpenSource> you know, as i norwegian i find that nick real offensive.... But i guess you dont care he killed over 60 kids....
[2012-02-28 08:13:42] <DES|OpenSource> jsut the name make me sick
[2012-02-28 08:14:14] <Justiciar_Knight_AndersBreivik> i think he should be released from prison and made the emperor of norway
[2012-02-28 08:14:22] <Justiciar_Knight_AndersBreivik> as a templar
[2012-02-28 08:14:44] <--| YOU (DES|OpenSource) have left #one-chat

And since i first had lot log in again, let me ask:

Why we kick Realviking out but let undead stay?

Undead been banned a lot, cant even count the numbers of times, but hey look, here he still is.
WTF is this admins?
Thanks given by:
(02 Jul 12, 01:31PM)DES|OpenSource Wrote: ...
yes that is certainly evidence of my racist tendencies.

all you're doing is making yourself look like a massive idiot, or you're trolling. i don't know.

(02 Jul 12, 01:17PM)pweaks Wrote: People who alias themselves to play against weaker clans are just probably growing their egos. On the other hand, you play in a clan that's been around for a long time but you don't play any matches. For me, this looks like you are afraid of losing and hurting your ego. But, this topic has gone offtopic badly.

and when people who cant contribute in any way than valiantly attack the "scum" of AC decide to participate in the thread, its derailed
Thanks given by:
And to the fact you still dont seem to understand makes you even a smaller dick then i used to think. I cant even believe oNe clan dont do something about this.

This will be my last post on this form.

Jamz, please remove my moderator status and perm ban my account.

I have no need to be in a place with assholes like undead.

Happy now undead?

First forcing me to not connect to a lot of IRC channels and now forcing me out of the community.
you must be proud of your self.
Thanks given by:
(02 Jul 12, 01:47PM)DES|OpenSource Wrote: ...

if all you can in response is cry and get into an emotional fit, you're only showing your immaturity. i'm half your age and you're acting like someone half of mine. a classic case of doing something overly-dramatic for attention.

gl + hf in life, you'll need it.
Thanks given by:
rofl
Thanks given by:
lol wat the fuck just happened.

opensource ragequit to the maximum
Thanks given by:
I love AC forums.
Thanks given by:
wat
Thanks given by:
Quote:by adding a centralized ladder, login system, seperate masterserver for mods, etc. but then we're straying away from the discussion. you also need devs for that hehe.

Win... can someone tell me a few legit downsides of that? Me thinks not.
Thanks given by:
(02 Jul 12, 04:14PM)|HP| Wrote: Win... can someone tell me a few legit downsides of that? Me thinks not.

and along with those ideas there are so many other things that can be added into AC and improve it drastically. however, i must stress that willing coders are needed for undertaking such projects.
Thanks given by:
(28 Jun 12, 11:08PM)Undead Wrote: if there was no competitive scene in those games they wouldn't be nearly as popular as they are.

A nice joke. Please show me how you founded this claim.
Thanks given by:
Quote:I cant even believe oNe clan dont do something about this.

I try to avoid getting involved with forum issues when oNe members are involved because I'm oNe and all the idiots will claim I'm influencing the issue due to some bias. But I'm going to step in "do something about this" for once.

OpenSource I banned you not because you asked for it but because you earned it with your shitposting. Just yesterday you acknowledged you weren't following the rules and tried to justify it by making it about other users. Then today you post all this garbage.

The ban is only one week because I think with some time you may cool off and decide to come back. If after that time you wish to remain banned ask another mod or admin to do it. I will not be the one to ban you permanently.

Undead, Xenon, be careful not to cross a line with your responses.

I expect the remainder of this thread to stay on topic.

Quote:there are so many other things that can be added into AC and improve it drastically.

What specifically? I may be able to compile AC on my new computer and try new features or modifications.
Thanks given by:
Nightmare Edit: gtfo my posts.

<3 tempest.
Thanks given by:
Full ack to that. What the hell? Usually you ban the troll, not the guy being trolled.
Thanks given by:
If it's really an issue another mod or admin will give them points. If you'd look at the mod logs you'd see I'm fairly lenient. OpenSource went way overboard. That's why I banned him.
Thanks given by:
Tell you what Mael, why don’t you ban Undead for telling lies. That seems rather more serious than anything OS wrote. ;)
Thanks given by:
Or I can close the thread.

Edit: After rereading the thread from the beginning I see I missed a couple vitriolic posts.
Thanks given by:
Or you can't. Sorry to say, but you're hands-down abusing your privileges here.
Thanks given by:
Ban both for a week. Give them a cold shower.
Thanks given by:
* Oracle attempts to do a good deed today.
If clans want to alias, be my guest, do it.
However, don't do it for the wrong reasons.
For example, B} recently fought against an aliased group called the .n3rdz or something.
While playing against an alias wasn't a big deal, it was what happened after that ticked us off.
One of them revealed themselves to be an FmC, who said...
"im sorry, truth is we wanted to relax and play some noob clan, we were disapointed when we realized you guys were good." True story.
^This sort of reasoning, just sickens me to be honest.
And in regards to throwing FmC under the bus...
[Image: tumblr_lq2pdvjHMU1qht847.gif]
Thanks given by:
I have cheap popcorn and soda cans at competitive prices...
Hurry, before they're all sold out!
(02 Jul 12, 06:04PM)Undead Wrote:
(02 Jul 12, 04:14PM)|HP| Wrote: Win... can someone tell me a few legit downsides of that? Me thinks not.

and along with those ideas there are so many other things that can be added into AC and improve it drastically. however, i must stress that willing coders are needed for undertaking such projects.
(02 Jul 12, 06:47PM)Mael Wrote: What specifically? I may be able to compile AC on my new computer and try new features or modifications.
Thanks given by:
paul, stop going offtopic please..
Thanks given by:
Ideas thread is thisaway.
Thanks given by:
I wonder when some people gonna realise that play AC well does not make one (pun intetend) a genius...
Thanks given by:
(02 Jul 12, 08:46PM)paulmuaddibKA Wrote: blablablah

XD

This thread was about clans, not about ASHITCUBE: POOLMOODYDIPKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA EDITION.

Choose your own AC experience? Like, what the fucking fuck.
Thanks given by:
(02 Jul 12, 06:47PM)Mael Wrote: What specifically? I may be able to compile AC on my new computer and try new features or modifications.

@cemer, tempest, titi, ...
Thanks given by: