[2021] Assaultcube developpement
Hello 1Cap,

I have published a proposal on 12 Feb and asked for feedback. I do not know what 'changes' you are referring to. I think that the proposal is rather conservative.

You are asking about my motivation. A shrinking community leads to the death of the project ultimately. A growing community leads to new opportunities and new talents on the scene. And so essentially what I do is trying to light the fire so that others see it and join.
Thanks given by:
sukablya, I hear resentment, anger and bitterness. It would be great if we can have a conversation without the f bombs.

I do not know the exact reason for the decline of player count but it is likely that the reasons are rather multifactorial rather than unifactorial.
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the feedback.
I certainly saw the proposal. And this is exactly what made me ask you "where are we going"?
1) Port the mobile game? Ok but this is of particular interest. (OK, some advertising will come from this for sure)
2) Update maps? We have great new maps. Bring old maps to the current version? It is not complicated.
3) Proposals for updating? There are many, but which are within the scope of the game? Will we keep the same game and just fix the bugs? Are we going to change the mechanics of weapons, for example?
The proposal is too open to communicate clearly. Because if it's just what's there, I find it insufficient to keep the game going any longer. The player base may end up not being sustained, especially after the pandemic.
My proposal is to change the game modes and the interface, thereby making the game enjoyable especially for the new generation of gamers.
It will be great to talk to the GEMA community, they have great ideas in this regard.
One of the ideas is to create chat groups about the game, players who represent the groups; public servers players, match players, GEMA players, etc.
Thanks given by:
The scope as described in the proposal does not list any new features or gameplay changes other than what has already been committed in github during the past seven years.

So you might rightfully ask, what has changed the past seven years? The answer to this question is twofold. You can either dedicate your spare time helping in the Doc Squad to establish the changelog or you can wait for Alpha Testing.

I agree with you that the scope is most likely insufficient to grow the player base in the mid or long term. However, you need to consider the fact that there are 1000 untested changes over the past seven years and it will be a significant effort to ship those in an acceptable quality. So if we would increase the scope by adding even more stuff on top we would put the whole mission at danger.

For mid and longterm success we need to think about what makes artists, platform hosters, developers and others invest their spare time to improve this game sustainably? What kind of culture do we need to encourage talents to fulfill their potential? We should start leading by example.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
Thanks given by: 1Cap
for the mobile version, please make the game available offline, and have a story.
So floppy and I got an official plan together for the maps for the next version.

The method or style in which floppy and I decided on maps was simple. It was maps that require some work, not a lot, and not a huge amount of custom material. All of the maps we looked at will require some work and none are the official product that will be carried into the next release

With that being said, this is how the voting system will work. You will either pick an a or b from each number. So for example, 1. a 2. b, and so forth

1. A) ac_polar or B) ac_rampart
2. A) kazemat or B) ac_nocturne
3. A) ac_tripoli or B) ac_nuuk
4. A) apollo_abbey or B) apollo_arabicnight
5. A) ac_coal or B) ac_arctic2
6. A) ac_village or B) ac_casa

I didn't know how to set a poll that would allow you to just pick one option from each number, so just reply below. You don't have to pick a map in each number, you can skip, but you may not pick 2 maps from the same number. We will look over this for a week or two and see how it goes. To anyone who isn't on the AC forums and reading this and can't vote, PM me directly on discord your votes and I'll add them in as we go.

We are also discussing adding the update to ac_cavern as well.

Thanks!
ac_polar
ac_nocturne
ac_nuuk
ac_arctic2
ac_village
Thanks given by:
Download the maps

There is a slight bit of custom content on a few of these maps, let me know if you are missing any items and I will hunt them down and package them as well.

I also want to point out, I am looking at the previous version of ac_tripoli, not the update.
Thanks given by:
From changelog:
Quote:Fixed crouching, jumping and doublejumping
Are u sure? Its a movement techniques for a long time, 99% of gema maps based on this, competitive gameplay also based on this.

F
Thanks given by: Million , It's L'enmerdeur , Nemo , 1Cap , zero , Felix-The-Ghost , xemi
(12 Mar 21, 11:42PM)sukablya Wrote: From changelog:
Quote:Fixed crouching, jumping and doublejumping
Are u sure? Its a movement techniques for a long time, 99% of gema maps based on this, competitive gameplay also based on this.

F

Well, yes, 'hax jump' and other crouch related glitches are fixed in the merged branch. Rifle jump, nade jump, crouch jump and edge jump still work the way the do now. Yet, more reliably as far as I can tell.
Thanks given by:
(13 Mar 21, 08:42PM)Mr.Floppy Wrote: Well, yes, 'hax jump' and other crouch related glitches are fixed in the merged branch.

It's already core of gameplay, same as strafe run, or bhop in csgo, such changes must never be done without community support. Same as weapon balance in 1.2, or map restrictions in 1.1. Almost no one support these changes.
Thanks given by: Million , Felix-The-Ghost , xemi
ac_polar
ac_kazemat
ac_tripoli
apollo_abbey
ac_coal
ac_village
Thanks given by:
ac_rampart
ac_nocturne
ac_nuuk
apollo_abbey
ac_arctic2

and ac_cavern1.2 yesyesyes

question: kazemat was from the latest map contest right? didn't floppy's map win it? why isn't that map one of the ones we can pick, too much custom content?
Thanks given by:
ac_polar
kazemat
ac_nuuk
apollo_arabicnight
ac_arctic2

update to ac_cavern
Thanks given by:
To answer your question Marti, yes Floppy won that mapping contest, but it was fairly close. What decided kazemat over his map for the contest for me was the fact it did use a good deal of custom content and had a few "gimmicks" that I don't think are official AC map styling. A great map for a contest, not a great map to represent the game as official
Thanks given by: Marti
I forgot to vote on apollo's maps. I vote abbey.
Thanks given by:
I will provide a little update just to keep everyone informed. Not a lot of people have voted so I'm going to keep it up the rest of the month. If it comes down to a tie between 2 maps, I will either ask Floppy or Drian to settle this tie. I'll post the current standings below:

1. A) ac_polar or B) ac_rampart - Is currently a tie with 4 votes each
2. A) kazemat or B) ac_nocturne - Kazemat is ahead 4 to 3
3. A) ac_tripoli or B) ac_nuuk - nuuk is ahead 5 to 3
4. A) apollo_abbey or B) apollo_arabicnight - abbey is ahead 5 to 2
5. A) ac_coal or B) ac_arctic2 - arctic2 is ahead 5 to 3
6. A) ac_village or B) ac_casa - village is ahead 5 to 1
Thanks given by:
Not my intention to derail (please ignore if not applicable to you)

I see there are several technical users in this thread so thought I'd ask if there are any Linux/Mac users here?

I'm still looking for help porting to those systems <3
Thanks given by:
I suggest some symmetrical map such as, ac_tanglewood , ac_seaboard, and if anyone knows of any other nice ones. Feel like that theme should be implemented. Thanks drian for working on the game.
Thanks given by:
I have just one question here, why do we need to decide between ac_village and ac_casa? Those are the two most played maps as far as I can observe from public games, while I am completely unaware of maps like ac_rampart, kazemat or ac_nocturne.
Thanks given by:
(17 Mar 21, 09:46PM)Felix-The-Ghost Wrote: I'm still looking for help porting to those systems <3

Almost everything in this post has been added
Thanks given by:
(21 Mar 21, 02:56PM)Brutal System Wrote:
(17 Mar 21, 09:46PM)Felix-The-Ghost Wrote: I'm still looking for help porting to those systems <3

Almost everything in this post has been added

Are you saying the current dev version has these features assimilated? I haven't been able to investigate the dev version and this is the first I've heard anything to that implication.
Thanks given by:
(20 Mar 21, 11:41PM)xemi Wrote: I suggest some symmetrical map such as, ac_tanglewood , ac_seaboard, and if anyone knows of any other nice ones. Feel like that theme should be implemented. Thanks drian for working on the game.

they won't be included due to too much custom content afaik
Thanks given by:
1. A) ac_polar 
2. A) kazemat 
3. B) ac_nuuk
4. A) apollo_abbey
5. A) ac_coal
6. B) ac_casa

ac_cavern as well.

Boring and ugly map, to a cavern map i think some better can be done.
Thanks given by:
(21 Mar 21, 09:55PM)Felix-The-Ghost Wrote: Are you saying the current dev version has these features assimilated? I haven't been able to investigate the dev version and this is the first I've heard anything to that implication.

yes, it is something similar.
Thanks given by:
1. B) ac_rampart
2. B) ac_nocturne
3. B) ac_nuuk
4. B) apollo_arabicnight
5. B) ac_arctic2
6. B) ac_casa

B all day every day.
Thanks given by:
1. B) rapier (couldn't find rampart)
2. B) rapier (coudln't find both maps)
3. B) ac_nuuk (although tripoli is fine as well)
4. B) apollo_arabicnight
5. B) rapier (don't like both)
6. B) ac_casa
Thanks given by:
Hi all, please find below an update regarding progress:

3M Squad:
* Map poll is in progress. Update will follow by Halo/MrFloppy.

Dev Squad:
* Flowtron/MeatRome is back! He is interested in helping with the new AC release.
* Once the maps are ready and BrutalSystem runs out of critical bugs we are ready to release an early AC v1.3 Alpha1

Have a nice week everyone!
Thanks given by: piotrekmpc , Brutal System , xemi
(31 Mar 21, 09:03AM)Elite Wrote: some blind/lazy bullshit picks

downloading a zip file, or asking someone for a map isnt that hard...
Thanks given by:
1. A) ac_polar
2. A) kazemat
3. B) ac_nuuk
4. B) apollo_arabicnight
5. B) ac_arctic2
6. B) ac_casa
Thanks given by: