10th Endorsed Mapping Contest
Theme:
Fort or Bunker

Deadline:
Begins now (August 26th) and will run to the first weekend of November. So November 6th (that first Friday) will be the cut off. As always, this will be for what is the very last timezone to change from the 6th to the 7th.

Judges:
Halo, Snoosnoo, Grenadier, and Jahoo

Scores:
Theme
Textures, lights, detail, sound
Layout/Gameplay

Each category will get a 1 out of 10 score, they will be added together to create a total score. So best possible is 30. Each judges score will be averaged to give the map a proper score. So each judge will submit their score (best of 30) for the map, and will be divided by 4). This score will be added to a community vote. One vote equals one point. All judges scores will be held until the community vote is over. The community vote and the judges score will be added together to give a total score.

Rules:
* Map can be previously released but must be updated for this contest. (If proof of an update is asked by the judges, it must be provided)
* Must be your map you are updating and must not have been used in a previous contest
* No limits on how many maps you can submit (nor limits on how many people can work on a single map)
* No stealing
* No judge was involved in the process of making the map
* Anyone can enter, no requirements are set based off mapping experience

Prizes:
A 50 USD amazon gift card will be offered to the winning map. In the case a team/coop map wins, its up to the users to decide between them on how to split the prize. In the event an amazon gift card isn't the winners ideal gift, let me know. I might be able to work with you and get you something of equal value.

There will be an additional 25 USD gift card to the best new comer. However, as opposed to previous years, to classify as a new comer, this must be your first contest you have entered! If there is more than one person working on the map, everyone involved must also only have entered or plan to enter this contest.

Any questions, feel free to ask.

Be nice, and happy mapping! Good luck out there!
AC needed this. Hell yeah! Time to make some maps.
Thanks given by:
I want to point out that I am making a slight rule change. While any map old or new can be released, it must be your map (no updating someone else's) and must not have been released for a previous contest.
Thanks given by:
Damn wish I had a computer for this
Thanks given by:
I updated my original post. The judging table has decided to add back the newcomer prize but slightly different than previous contest. The discord discussion on the contest led me to believe that a fair share of new people would be entering this contest and we wanted to reward them accordingly.

Also, if you would like to join the discord channel for the mapping contest, PM me directly on here
Thanks given by:
Hey Felix-The-Ghost any chance you still have that mapping client tucked in somewhere?
Thanks given by:
(16 Sep 20, 04:49PM)RKTnoob Wrote: Hey Felix-The-Ghost any chance you still have that mapping client tucked in somewhere?
Sorry didn't see this. It's hidden in the "Helpful Tutorials and Tools" thread and linked on my "website" also.

If anyone needs me send a pm maybe; I think I'll get a notification if you do that.
Thanks given by:
"Helpful Tutorials and Tools"

I see what you did there ;)
Thanks given by:
(01 Oct 20, 03:08PM)Medusa Wrote: "Helpful Tutorials and Tools"

[Image: screen.png]
Thanks given by:
(02 Oct 20, 01:05AM)Felix-The-Ghost Wrote:

https://forum.cubers.net/thread-543-post...l#pid93944
Thanks given by:
(02 Oct 20, 10:24AM)Medusa Wrote:
(02 Oct 20, 01:05AM)Felix-The-Ghost Wrote:

https://forum.cubers.net/thread-543-post...l#pid93944

I don't see the relevance.
Thanks given by:
(16 Sep 20, 04:49PM)RKTnoob Wrote: Hey Felix-The-Ghost any chance you still have that mapping client tucked in somewhere?

https://forum.cubers.net/thread-7663.html

you mean this one RKT?
Thanks given by: Felix-The-Ghost
Here's my entry: https://filebin.net/k1o2wi2xpqkgc6sm A ctf bunker close to the beach. Hope you like it!

Edit: added skymap and more screenies
Thanks given by: Felix-The-Ghost , Marti , zero
This is my entry: Download ac_strand.zip

[Image: ac_strand_pic.jpg]
Thanks given by: Marti , zero
It is time to announce the scores!

As previously stated, this time around we have a completely new format. We mixed judges scores and a community poll together to get a final score. As well as a newly retooled judging score system!

I received a total of 4 votes via discord pm's and I will add them to the community forum poll
buncair by Pomps received 4 votes (3 on the forum and 1 discord)
kazemat by Husk received 5 votes (3 on the forum and 2 discord
ac_bunkru by Teapot received 2 votes (all on the forum)
ac_strand by Floppy received 6 votes (5 on the forum and 1 discord)

[Image: qnpMICI.jpeg]

So in the category of Best Overall:
ac_strand finishes with 32 points (the 26 from the average of the judges mixed with the 6 votes it received)
kazemat in second place with 30.25 (the 25.25 average from judges and the 5 from votes)
ac_bunkru in third with 21.75 (19.75 from judges and 2 votes)
and buncair in forth with 20.25 (16.25 from judges and the 4 votes)

The best newcomer:
ac_bunkru takes this spot with a 21.75
buncair was the only other newcomer with 20.25

Floppy wins the grand prize of the 50 dollar gift card. Teapot wins the secondary prize of the 25 dollar gift card. Please guys message me about your prize either on here or discord.
Congrats to the winners and most importantly think you to all who entered and all who helped make this a successful contest!
Thanks given by: Marti , 1Cap , YesWeCamp
Wow, I think we never got the final results to a mapping contest that quick! :)

I haven't build a map in ages and if it wasn't for this contest, surely this would not have changed. Therefore, thanks to everyone involved holding this contest and of course all participants. We got some cool maps here and I do hope those will see some playtime on the servers.

Concerning the gift card, could we change that to a 50 Dollar donation to Assault Cube instead?

On a personal note. I only got to play ac_strand in a proper session once so far and already picked up some hints about what doesn't quite work out as well as I hoped it would. Anyone who has feedback, critique and ideas about the map, please let me know as I'm planning to update the map sometime in the foreseeable future. Thanks in advance!
Thanks given by: Marti
On that note, in the next coming days, you should see some mapping reviews of the maps entered in the contest by Snoosnoo and I. We have reviewed maps in the past and we wanted to do so for this contest to help anyone that might see them out.
Thanks given by: Mr.Floppy
(24 Nov 20, 06:38PM)Mr.Floppy Wrote: On a personal note. I only got to play ac_strand in a proper session once so far and already picked up some hints about what doesn't quite work out as well as I hoped it would. Anyone who has feedback, critique and ideas about the map, please let me know as I'm planning to update the map sometime in the foreseeable future. Thanks in advance!

I played it in a pub once, but for whatever reason I was unable to load in one or two mapmodels near the waters. It does seem that a good old riflesprint is the way to go, and it seems more AR favoured than SMG favoured at the moment, due to the openness of most of the map
Thanks given by: Mr.Floppy
(24 Nov 20, 08:04PM)Marty Wrote: I played it in a pub once, but for whatever reason I was unable to load in one or two mapmodels near the waters. It does seem that a good old riflesprint is the way to go, and it seems more AR favoured than SMG favoured at the moment, due to the openness of most of the map

Mr Floppy reached out to me and I have added missing textures to packages.cubers.net so this map should play normally now next time you load it. And since I had the map packaged, I also snuck that in there so this map specifically you can get in game directly via /getmap ac_strand

pssst, if you package the other maps with their textures (properly), I'll upload them to the packages server. Please look through http://packages.cubers.net/packages/ to see how your files should be prepared.
Thanks given by: Marti , zero , 1Cap , Felix-The-Ghost