[Release] Protox Mod (All new icons & effects)
Thx :)
Thanks given by:
(24 Sep 10, 04:50PM)Blue_Pr!nt Wrote: well i think my one (just found it, is larger) this can be found here: http://bcus.selfip.com/protox_mod.zip

Yes this is the latest one 2.0.1, thanks for the mirror I've been away and haven't look at this thread and did not know Akimbo.in was down. If you don't mind I'll include this in the first post of this thread as a mirror.

The one shield posted is 2.0, the only difference is that 2.0 does not include a preview.jpg (in case people download off an odd mirror and want to see a preview of all the icons before they install) and the startup image blocks some of map loading text. (In 2.0.1 this is fixed).
Thanks given by:
Coool,thx for the info and for this job :)
Thanks given by:
protox its fine to mention on post 1 :-)
Thanks given by:
protox: please, for the newbies, fix the .bat file. You need to add the %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 for it to be able to pass arguments, especially for Cube Server Lister.
Thanks given by:
Really, really loving the blood effect :)
That alone should be included in AC!
Thanks given by:
(15 Jan 11, 05:33PM)VenteX Wrote: Really, really loving the blood effect :)
That alone should be included in AC!

Actually, it's really high quality, so some of the more crappy computers wouldn't be able to run AC without FPS drops.
Thanks given by:
*Gravedigs*
Link doesn't work D:
Does anyone have a working link?
-Frogulis
Thanks given by:
Well, since Akimbo is down...
Thanks given by:
People should just upload to Quad
Thanks given by:
That's how we'll take it over.
Thanks given by:
(09 Mar 11, 04:53AM)Frogulis Wrote: *Gravedigs*
Link doesn't work D:
Does anyone have a working link?
-Frogulis

(09 Mar 11, 07:12AM)Orynge Wrote: Well, since Akimbo is down...

Yes sorry should have had more mirrors. I've also uploaded it to DeviantArt. Anyone is free to distribute my mods so if you want to provide mirrors or fileshare it you can.
Thanks given by:
Please, in your launcher, make it able to accept arguments. %1 %2 %3 %4 %5
Thanks given by:
Installed and is currently being awesome.
Nice one and thanks for the deviantART link :)

GIBSTICK WANTS ARGUMENTS! What are these arguments for? Is the mod going to suddenly stop working for me? D:
Thanks given by:
Well they're only useful if you launch the game from cmd, such as
assaultcube.bat -t

They are also required for Cube Server Lister, since it needs to pass arguments to AC in order to join the server.
Thanks given by:
(09 Mar 11, 01:39PM)Gibstick Wrote: Well they're only useful if you launch the game from cmd, such as
assaultcube.bat -t

They are also required for Cube Server Lister, since it needs to pass arguments to AC in order to join the server.

If I ever modify it in the future and re-release I will keep this in mind, thanks for the suggestion.

Is it something like Call assaultcube.bat "--mod=mods\protox_mod --init %1 %2 %3 %4 %5" ?
Thanks given by:
Yes, should be. Thanks!
Thanks given by:
Happy birthday!
Mirrored.
Protox, if you want to update it anytime, shoot me off a PM here.
Thanks given by:
DUDE, you're on dA??
Pimpin'. ^O^

@Ronald_Reagan, haha. Shoot me off. . . .

Idiocies aside, this is an amazing mod, the weapon images in particular catch my attention. How did you make those?

Thanks given by:
Good question.
They are very purty after all.
Thanks given by:
For most of them I took a in-game screenshot of each weapon while they were spinning in the selection display mode and then modified and cleaned them up in photoshop. The knife, handgun and sniper icons were made from scratch however.
Thanks given by:
They're nice, amazing work. ^-^

Thanks given by:
Just wanted to say that I have updated the mod, both DeviantArt and Akimbo.in should have Version 2.0.5, check the first page of this thread for download links.

March 22, 2011 - Version 2.0.5:
----------------
+ Modified protox_mod.bat to allow arguments when launched from cmd [Reported by Gibstick]
+ New base.png (spark effect on bullet impact)
+ New bullethole.png (bullet indent in walls)
+ New explosion.png (more detailed grenade explosion, generated with Filter Forge using Explosion Filter)
+ New muzzleflash.jpg (bigger and more detailed)
+ New smoke.png (spark and smoke effect for sniper shot)
+ Modified voteicons.png (added checkmark and x indications for votes, tweaked hand icon)
+ Modified protox_mod_preview.jpg and renamed from preview.jpg
+ Renamed readme.txt to protox_mod_readme.txt
+ Removed screenshot.jpg to reduce filesize
Thanks given by:
Yay! A pity that's it's too high quality for my PC to handle...
Thanks given by:
If anyone wants to use this mod on very low end systems, you can either resize some of effects to default sizes or remove them altogether keeping only the GUI/hud icons and images which use the default resolution.
Thanks given by:
Would it be worth mentioning that the old protox_mod.bat, with "call assaultcube.bat --mod=mods/protox_mod %1 %2 %3 %4 %5" is better, since it lets the users keep there other settings (such as the home dir)?

You had it right in this post, though the --init is not necessary.
Thanks given by:
(13 Mar 11, 10:17PM)protox Wrote: For most of them I took a in-game screenshot of each weapon while they were spinning in the selection display mode and then modified and cleaned them up in photoshop. The knife, handgun and sniper icons were made from scratch however.

I'm surprised you got the images this way. I would have probably used the ones in the docs...

[Image: weapon_knife.jpg] [Image: weapon_pistol.jpg] [Image: weapon_assault.jpg] [Image: weapon_sniper.jpg]

[Image: weapon_subgun.jpg] [Image: weapon_shotgun.jpg] [Image: weapon_carbine.jpg] [Image: weapon_grenade.jpg]

But they're aren't quite the same angles.

Anyhoo, mind telling me how you did the blood effect? It really is nice :)
Thanks given by:
(24 Mar 11, 01:21AM)Gibstick Wrote: Would it be worth mentioning that the old protox_mod.bat, with "call assaultcube.bat --mod=mods/protox_mod %1 %2 %3 %4 %5" is better, since it lets the users keep there other settings (such as the home dir)?

You had it right in this post, though the --init is not necessary.

Yes it would have been the most optimal solution, but unfortunately I couldn't get it to work, adding %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 in the call does not load the mod for me.

I tried the following:
call assaultcube.bat --mod=mods/protox_mod %1 %2 %3 %4 %5
call assaultcube.bat "--mod=mods/protox_mod %1 %2 %3 %4 %5"
call assaultcube.bat "--mod=mods/protox_mod --init %1 %2 %3 %4 %5"
call assaultcube.bat --mod=mods/protox_mod --init %1 %2 %3 %4 %5

So I gave up and used arguments from assaultcube.bat
bin_win32\ac_client.exe --init %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 --mod=mods\protox_mod
pause

The original assaultcube.bat is:
bin_win32\ac_client.exe --init %1 %2 %3 %4 %5
pause

Can you explain what you mean about keeping the home dir, not sure if I understand.
What can you suggest as the solution?

(24 Mar 11, 01:35AM)VenteX Wrote: I'm surprised you got the images this way. I would have probably used the ones in the docs...

Anyhoo, mind telling me how you did the blood effect? It really is nice :)

I needed a much higher resolution to clean up and tweak the weapon icons and I wanted a specific angle like you mentioned. I wanted the icons to be very clear as it easy to mistake some of weapons. I chose a different icon for the sniper so it could look different then the rifles.

I think the blood was just a bunch of blood brushes that I had (probably from deviantART), unfortunately i cannot recall the exact ones I used as I had a format recently. I would paint using a single brush then resize, tweak and set on top of another brush and tweak opacity. Nothing particularly innovating I'm afraid. :)
Thanks given by:
Some AC users have a home dir, set with the --home switch in the AC launcher. Other users may have a variety of customizations in assaultcube.bat. (Of course, most people who have modified assaultcube.bat can know how to adapt and use the protox mod, but sometimes people just copy-paste :P) The home directory has the same structure as the installation directory. All customizations go there (saved.cfg, servers.cfg, init.cfg, downloaded maps). The installation dir can be left untouched this way, and if something goes awry, one only has to delete the bad file from the home dir.

The solution is simple though. I don't know what call does exactly, but just running assaultcube.bat with --mod switch + arguments works.
assaultcube.bat --mod=mods\extrafonts %1 %2 %3 %4 %5

My assaultcube.bat as an example: http://pastebin.com/pW3UuBbZ

edit: what a horrible post, I hope you didn't see the earlier version
Thanks given by:
Ahh, I thought you may have made it from scratch. I tend to do that sort of thing when making mods (I know how to make a quite nice brushed stainless steel texture in Paint.NET)
Thanks given by: