I'm hearing some rumours about the new version in-game...
I hear some very rough words regarding the development of the new version.

I know nothing is set on stone, but it makes me think.

Why are those decisions taken after such a long standing discussion about whats best for the game?

http://forum.cubers.net/thread-8451.html

http://forum.cubers.net/thread-8472.html

Are we really sure the game needs MORE RESTRICTIONS TO THE GAMEPLAY?

I don't think thats what transpired from the threads I point out...
Thanks given by:
I'm pretty sure the threads you've sourced aren't proponents for more restrictions. Many of us here want the map restrictions (which is what I believe you are talking about) to be removed if not left alone. The threads you've sourced are calling for/discussing a potential change in the dev team given their inactivity. Luc@s would be the most likely candidate for heading this change because of his coding abilities. Among other "Quality of life" additions such as being able to pause gameplay, removing map restrictions seems to be one of the cornerstone ideas behind this potential change.

Perhaps you can quote a particular post so we have more idea of what you are talking about?
Thanks given by:
(02 Oct 15, 05:55PM)MerCyKiL Wrote: I'm pretty sure the threads you've sourced aren't proponents for more restrictions. Many of us here want the map restrictions (which is what I believe you are talking about) to be removed if not left alone. The threads you've sourced are calling for/discussing a potential change in the dev team given their inactivity. Luc@s would be the most likely candidate for heading this change because of his coding abilities. Among other "Quality of life" additions such as being able to pause gameplay, removing map restrictions seems to be one of the cornerstone ideas behind this potential change.

Perhaps you can quote a particular post so we have more idea of what you are talking about?

I'm talking about the wrong people implementing the wrong decisions.
We need new blood who actually PLAYS THE GAME and UNDERSTANDS ITS NEEDS.

Everyday you'll see a server with SWAT_SILENTDAY, GEMA and HEADSHOT maps, yet the guys behind the wheels disregard this CHOICES the players make when selecting their favourite gamemodes because their ideas are obsolete of what this game truly is.

The player base WANTS /ctf ac_douze and /ac_trip, yes, but they also want to be acknowledged.

Now that jamz is gone servers with modified gameplay SHOULD BE ALLOWED on the masterserver, not just ignored, but actually given their separate gamemode with a tag for each one, like CTF, OSOK, GEMA, ZOMBIE, ONLY HS, etc...

This is just an example, many other things are needed/wanted, but they guy with the captain hat doesn't understand the boat is long sunk, and another one needs to be built.
Thanks given by: 1Cap
Can someone show me ac_trip? I dont think i ever played that map

Also, talking in caps is definitely gonna help you
Thanks given by:
This thread is going to be the same waste of time as the two threads mentioned in the first post. RaverZ and Halte share the same misconception about how someone "becomes dev". Guys, in the history of this game, no one was ever "made" dev. You start contributing - and at a certain point, the dev team feels, that they know you and your work well enough, that they think, you can be allowed to merge your work without another dev working as a middleman. That's it. That is the only way.

RaverZ/Halte, if you think, that you know better - and that you can find enough others to do the work for you: go ahead and do it! It is that simple. Start working. Assaultcube explicitly encourages the development of modded versions of the game. If you ask nicely, some of the devs may even help you.

Btw, you can work both routes simultaneously: just make a fork on github and start working. If no one merges your pull requests into the main repo, finish your goals on your own.

However:

Put up or shut up!
Thanks given by:
(03 Oct 15, 12:56PM)stef Wrote: This thread is going to be the same waste of time as the two threads mentioned in the first post. RaverZ and Halte share the same misconception about how someone "becomes dev". Guys, in the history of this game, no one was ever "made" dev. You start contributing - and at a certain point, the dev team feels, that they know you and your work well enough, that they think, you can be allowed to merge your work without another dev working as a middleman. That's it. That is the only way.

RaverZ/Halte, if you think, that you know better - and that you can find enough others to do the work for you: go ahead and do it! It is that simple. Start working. Assaultcube explicitly encourages the development of modded versions of the game. If you ask nicely, some of the devs may even help you.

Btw, you can work both routes simultaneously: just make a fork on github and start working. If no one merges your pull requests into the main repo, finish your goals on your own.

However:

Put up or shut up!

MMMmm.

So we need a player who is in contact with the player base to climb the ranks so we can see the changes WE ALL KNOW are really needed be put in the game?

-Support new mods in MS.

-Quit map restrictions.

-Rework of server messages and menus.

-More weapons and weapon balance.

-Official maps revisited.

-Competitive scene via official webpage, not forum.

-Official ladder in AC's webpage.

-Official support of the mods with their ladders.

-Interaction with the player base form the devs; amas, being seen in game and recognizable by the community, history of AC tab...

And a long etc...

Theres's ALWAYS BEEN people ready to help, but there was this social diference between the elite and the non-elite and so many grudges held that nothing could be done, that's why we need new people there, people who aren't afraid of changes, not like jamz's "I HAVE TO PROTECT AC" or the other dude's "AC IS A REALISTIC SHOOTING GAME AND NO CHANGES WILL BE IMPLEMENTED" (regarding gema gameplay).

What have I done to change this? Maybe nothing, but in-game you'll see me everyday helping people out to learn gemas, and it's sad to see no one sticks to the game cause its almost dead.
Thanks given by: Lozi*
(05 Oct 15, 10:44AM)RaverZ Wrote: Theres's ALWAYS BEEN people ready to help, but there was this social diference between the elite and the non-elite and so many grudges held that nothing could be done, that's why we need new people there, people who aren't afraid of changes, not like jamz's "I HAVE TO PROTECT AC" or the other dude's "AC IS A REALISTIC SHOOTING GAME AND NO CHANGES WILL BE IMPLEMENTED" (regarding gema gameplay).

Why did AC have regularly a few years ago about 350 players playing in the same moment? Think, before you start to blame people working hard on this project, trying to make it better...
Thanks given by:
In my opinion you should just advertise this game, there is so much people who have never even heard about this game. I'm sure it has potential for more.
Thanks given by:
Why do we need more weapons?
Thanks given by:
(05 Oct 15, 07:54PM)grenadier Wrote:
(05 Oct 15, 10:44AM)RaverZ Wrote: Theres's ALWAYS BEEN people ready to help, but there was this social diference between the elite and the non-elite and so many grudges held that nothing could be done, that's why we need new people there, people who aren't afraid of changes, not like jamz's "I HAVE TO PROTECT AC" or the other dude's "AC IS A REALISTIC SHOOTING GAME AND NO CHANGES WILL BE IMPLEMENTED" (regarding gema gameplay).

Why did AC have regularly a few years ago about 350 players playing in the same moment? Think, before you start to blame people working hard on this project, trying to make it better...

I'm not undermining anyones work, but I do say their views were affected by their over affection. Sure jamz did a great job controlling the MS, and many others have contributed in massive ways, but I think the decisions were misguided because of lack of contact with the players.

Regarding your question:

I think ctf ac_douze had three or four full servers on those days everyday; and then there was the BR playerbase, which I believe was probably 50% of those numbers, with BOPE and all; TyD and Bob ladders; GEMA CENTRAL and silvercloud servers; LSS was a really played mode and had many godlike players playing constantly, 40+ and COMPETITIVE osok games where a given, SNIPER maps, etc...

I think the acquisition of new computers diminished the playerbase, plus, and maybe 1cap or other BR player can say, what I think happened is that cibercafes in Brasil stopped being used, or installed new massive multiplayer online games and so we saw the drop of users.

Adding insult to injury, the most played game mode/map was taken away from the game, and map restrictions applied, and so now we see days when only 16 people are playing sometimes.
Thanks given by: