Poll: merge?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
81.25%
52 81.25%
No
18.75%
12 18.75%
Total 64 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Should lucas merge his client to the next version?
I dont need more informations. Got enough from the other thread.

if result = yes, then just do it.
Thanks given by:
I voted yes

Does this have any official implication or just random shit with no avail?
Thanks given by:
Lucas can do it, but he is not sure if he should do it or not without the agreement of the other (inactive devs). Lets show him that he needs to do it NOW. If his permissions get removed by one of the inactive devs (randomly waking up from a long sleep) because he added some major changes by himself, we will face it and make that tard understand we dont need him anymore.

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

How can I change the poll options? To see who voted no (if someone do). To give him a chance to explain why he refuses change.
Thanks given by:
DO IT!
Thanks given by:
I don't see why the advice of an inactive dev would instantly be wrong, this forum needs to check at the arguments instead of the people who said it, you criticized concervatism all day long for about a week and you had a lot of followers, I did not have the occasion to give my two cents about this because your previous thread was mostly about discrediting the people who gave you counter arguments instead of discrediting the arguments themselves.

Of course I think keeping the game in its tiny roots is not going to lead it somewhere, but change, as small as it can be, has been the proof small things can have big impacts on the game while what we thought would have a huge impact such as the addition of a 5th main weapon didn't. Slighly boost the AR and you literally change the face of the game, I have many more exemples. Inactive devs were active devs, some of them aquired experience, ignoring them for what they are is not going to help us at all, try to find why some devs are opposed to the addition of some features instead of discrediting them.
Thanks given by:
Lucas, you should do it. As one of the few, if not THE remaining dev around, you have the responsibility to take up the mantle. Any action you take now won't be criticized because it is being done for the common good. If it ends up that a mistake was made it can always be fixed. You can always de-merge whatever it is you're adding. Here is the thing though... if what you're adding is truly good then why should anyone complain? As an Active dev you have the power alongside the other remaining ones to make decisions for the future of the game. When the inactive devs wish to show up, not criticizing, then you all can get together and make an objective decision as to the pros and cons of any changes you make now. All I know is that sometimes one has to be bold. Great risk often brings great reward.

I'm sure there is a thread around here dealing with the question of whether or not you should merge your client, if this isn't actually it, and you can certainly back yourself with the opinions of the community. If this is something that will be good for AC you can bet that the players will have your back. I do.
Thanks given by: starix/A/ , Halte , MerCyKiL
How many of you have seen source code or know all new functions ? Me not. Let's discuss about features and not about devs. Lucas, the discussions about your features can help you. Even for you is better if your work is widely tested and opposed. I heard you are a physic, you should understand me.
Thanks given by: starix/A/ , Vanquish
(28 Jul 15, 08:49AM)Alien Wrote: Even for you is better if your work is widely tested and opposed.

orly lol
Thanks given by:
Alien, I agree with your post, but I won't lie bro, I'll need a couple beers to read that.
Thanks given by: Skrillex
Why is there 15 yes when you check names of people who voted but the poll says 14 ?
Thanks given by:
Is there a thread that summarizes what lucas client does ?
Thanks given by:
http://forum.cubers.net/thread-8048.html

The following aren't mentioned but implemented in the current dev version :
+ authentication (protected nicknames, no more setadmin password, etc)
+ groups (generalization of clan tags, separated from the nickname, protected thanks to the authentication)
+ masterclients, which can interact with the servers, record data, broadcast it (allow proxy spectating servers, and a lotmore)
Thanks given by: Robtics , .RayDen
Some people said no, would be interesting to know why.
Thanks given by: ReDBuLL
(28 Jul 15, 08:49AM)Alien Wrote: How many of you have seen source code or know all new functions ? Me not. Let's discuss about features and not about devs. Lucas, the discussions about your features can help you. Even for you is better if your work is widely tested and opposed. I heard you are a physic, you should understand me.

if it merged, code will be open.

(28 Jul 15, 10:01AM)Sanzo Wrote: Why is there 15 yes when you check names of people who voted but the poll says 14 ?

shoudl be fixed. MK and vanquish you forgot to vote btw

(28 Jul 15, 02:40AM)ExodusS Wrote: I don't see why the advice of an inactive dev would instantly be wrong, this forum needs to check at the arguments instead of the people who said it, you criticized concervatism all day long for about a week and you had a lot of followers, I did not have the occasion to give my two cents about this because your previous thread was mostly about discrediting the people who gave you counter arguments instead of discrediting the arguments themselves.
Of course I think keeping the game in its tiny roots is not going to lead it somewhere, but change, as small as it can be, has been the proof small things can have big impacts on the game while what we thought would have a huge impact such as the addition of a 5th main weapon didn't. Slighly boost the AR and you literally change the face of the game, I have many more exemples. Inactive devs were active devs, some of them aquired experience, ignoring them for what they are is not going to help us at all
Gotta say you are kinda right here. But Im not saying inactive devs shouldn't be consulted. It's a good thing to ask about their opinions. But it shouldn't stop development if they aint answering because of their lack of time/interest.

(28 Jul 15, 02:40AM)ExodusS Wrote: try to find why some devs are opposed to the addition of some features instead of discrediting them.
Who is opposed to it? I only see Graziano, Padfoot, PhaNtom. None of them is dev and none of them bothered to explain why. I must assume all other devs agree with it but do nothing to merge it. That's why I made a poll. To show them that the community want it. The problem most of them are inactive or dont care. How do I came to that conclusion? Lucas sent to inactive dev emails who remained unanswered. I made a thread and few of the active devs actually posted. To me they dont care.
Thanks given by:
I haven't seen source code. This is my quick reply, you can ignore it if you dont like it.

Quote:authentication (protected nicknames, no more setadmin password, etc)
groups (generalization of clan tags, separated from the nickname, protected thanks to the authentication)
add to server commandline switch -Authprov URL, AC is based on anonymity but for ladders and competition it has sense. If the servers with this feature "on" will be full and better it can become standard.

Quote:masterclients, which can interact with the servers, record data, broadcast it (allow proxy spectating servers, and a lotmore)
it is danger, it should not be part of AC client but some administration tool should fit better.

Quote:/pause and /resume commands to call a vote for pausing or resuming the game
/autopause (0|1) and /autoresume (0|1) to toggle autopause and autoresume on or off. These features automatically stop or resume the game in case a player leaves or join the server back.
/halftime (0|1) to toggle half time for following games. If it is enabled, the game will pause for 15 seconds at half time and teams will be swapped.
it could be possible in match mode with admin rights or with voting

Quote:/sortteams to sort teams by clan tags
rename /sortteams to /sortclans or add some switch parametr to /sortteams (shuffleteam)

Quote:/switchteams to swap CLA and RVSF
F1, it can be good for pubs too

Quote:Restricted list of map/modes. The current list can be found at the end of this post.
NO. How can be new maps tested ? From time to time some match on arcade map can be fun.

Quote:Overview spectate mode fixed and enabled without having to use /spectatemode 6
F1.

Quote:unnecessary features removed
like shotguns ?

Quote:onHit, onAttack removed
i dont know. Are recorded to demo ? On other side more information is better.

Quote:country flags
F1, this would be cool

Quote:ability to see players through walls while watching a demo
no implemented wallhack in AC

@MK
And now everybody will blame me for your drinking, argh :D
Thanks given by: yopa , 1Cap , HoeHunter
I should have added a maybe option for people like Alien who only want changes they like lol :/ But I can understand your fears. I also can see good propositions but thats not the current topic.

About the wallhack, its only for demos. I guess you know it but I don't see how it can hurt. It's just a tool for everyone to report obvious wallhackers
Thanks given by:
(28 Jul 15, 11:34AM)Alien Wrote:
Quote:unnecessary features removed
Like shotguns ?

Instantly ignored everything you said

About the wallhack demo thing, wouldnt that give people easier access to using one in multiplayer?
Thanks given by: Jpablon , .RayDen
(28 Jul 15, 11:59AM)Halte Wrote: I should have added an option for those who only want changes they like.

I think this would win the vote if it was an option.
Thanks given by:
Still waiting for an explanation by those 4 trolls
Thanks given by: ReDBuLL , starix/A/
Well to be frank, I feel that there are too many NO people to be trolling. So, they must have their reasons. Would be nice to hear their concerns

I like Lucas's client but I really want there to be a MAC version
Thanks given by: ReDBuLL , Orynge , Skrillex
Is cheerleading actually going to change anything?
Thanks given by:
(29 Jul 15, 01:27AM)Orynge Wrote: Is cheerleading actually going to change anything?

Idk. You tell me.

[Image: a951b2a650fca09d7da76ce1d8ac047f.jpg]
Thanks given by: Oracle
I voted yes even though I wanna see the code if it gets implemented. There are some really good features in there.
Thanks given by: 1Cap
(29 Jul 15, 07:16AM)-Subjective Wrote: I voted yes even though I wanna see the code if it gets implemented. ...
same here

(*) yes, but not alone.
Thanks given by:
(29 Jul 15, 07:16AM)-Subjective Wrote: I voted yes even though I wanna see the code if it gets implemented. There are some really good features in there.

If it will be implemented it will become opensource aka you can see the code
Thanks given by:
I would like the other devs to finally accept to discuss the project as a whole - not just a few features here and there.
This project is tightly associated to the website Drakas developed ; i need to know if they are ready for these changes.

(28 Jul 15, 07:11PM)Andrez Wrote: Still waiting for an explanation by those 4 trolls
You won't get any.
Thanks given by:
Xrd voted yes
Thanks given by:
you want...
data - information - no privacy
fully control the traffic in MasterServer
linking of each player to your ip (no more anonymity)
fully control the servers
link to an internet site
collect input  and output trafic information in this site

remove all this control things and only offers improved changes in the game. like /pause etc.

stop fighting for more control, this is ridiculous
Thanks given by: champo , Nightmare
My main concern is the wallhack included in the client. Its purpose is for demos, but with the game being open-source...
Thanks given by: MerCyKiL
(30 Jul 15, 04:44AM)1Cap Wrote: you want...
data - information
I want the data associated to the competitive matches played by people who want to - so i guess yes, i want "data"
(30 Jul 15, 04:44AM)1Cap Wrote: no privacy
just don't play competitive games from the platform if you're too ashamed of revealing your only game stats (but i guess, we can talk about "privacy", if your life is only about this game)

(30 Jul 15, 04:44AM)1Cap Wrote: fully control the traffic in MasterServer
OK you have no idea what you are talking about
(30 Jul 15, 04:44AM)1Cap Wrote: linking of each player to your ip (no more anonymity)
Indeed, i want authentication.
(30 Jul 15, 04:44AM)1Cap Wrote: fully control the servers
not at all
(30 Jul 15, 04:44AM)1Cap Wrote: link to an internet site
is that bad ?
(30 Jul 15, 04:44AM)1Cap Wrote: collect input  and output trafic information in this site
that what every website does you know ?

(30 Jul 15, 04:44AM)1Cap Wrote: remove all this control things and only offers improved changes in the game. like /pause etc.
They are only control things in your mind.

(30 Jul 15, 04:44AM)1Cap Wrote: stop fighting for more control, this is ridiculous
No one is.
Thanks given by: