Some changes in the dev team
Warning : I might be inaccurate on some points/people because as most of the AC players who aint part of the elite, Im not informed on many things. So correct me if you see some false affirmations.

The past :
I always hated the dev team because in my opinion, they were going the wrong way. For years, I never stopped to attack them. They banned me as much as they could because I made many personal attack and they thought I was being unproductive. That is true. I was trying my best to be unproductive. I was trying my best to stop them from leading us where we are currently (many players hanging on twintowers, @campers, douzectf and gemas are gone).
For me, they should have gone backward and undo some changes.

The future :
But now, we need to focus on the future. Some devs are doing things that might change AC but it isn't happening. Why? Here is what I think :
Some MIA guys who created the game years ago to make it another line in their CV have now better things to do. So they connect once a year to see how THEIR game is going on. And sometimes they do changes.
I don't wanna hear anymore : "I cant merge all my hard work that is hugely popular among the community and that will help the game a lot because some inactive devs who have the key of the game wont answer my emails and I cant do anything without their permission."

What WE think :
You know what? You don't need their permission. We need to kick their ass out. We need to kill the father! That not their game anymore. They dont answer email? Well then they dont care. They have some personal stuff to do? Great we dont care. The game need to keep going. You cant dev then you dont dev !

We need some explanation about who is in charge :
Here are the project leaders according to the website :
ärkefiende (who?)
RandumKiwi  (the ac_acquous guy?)
jamz  (left the game right?)
So these are the guys owning everything right? I mean I dont see makke or drian so I guess they cant be the one blocking right?

Some active coders who should dev :
Luc@s 
Just to let you know, lucas was the one who permanently banned me from several AC forums for : "being an idiot". But I can see all the work he is doing and I want it to be official. We need it. Most people dont even know what he actually did on woop server with drakas but this could be fucking huge. He is the only active coder. Some say he codes for himself or woop and not for AC. Yeah so let him code for AC and merge his work. Stop emailing retards who miss windows 95 and AC 0.93
Stef
Not sure about him since he said he left but still do commits. I don't know him. I only know he is very active in the commits (from what Ive seen and understood).
Grenadier
Same, I only know he is very active in the commits (from what Ive seen and understood).
Drakas
He is doing a great work with woop servers and I think he could help a lot if he wants to
Larry
He did some great work and I think he could help a lot if he wants to
SKB
I loved his client and he seems to know how to code. I think he could help a lot if he wants to.

I would like to know who is the project leader blocking everything and how we can kick him.
I would like to know who is the project leader blocking everything and how we can kick him.

Last thing :
I know who you are forum users. Playing the game for years or having some forum notoriety wont protect you anymore !
Luc@s President! But Ban Edward<3
Thanks given by: starix/A/
Stef kept bringing ideas to community and ask how they can improve it.

Jamz left the game for long term ( Parent stuff ) and I dont see why it should be on dev team.
Thanks given by:
it 'll be good to let lucas coded indeed, and kick inactive dev , I agree with Halte !
Thanks given by:
He SKB doesn't exactly want to, though.
Thanks given by: Oracle
I find it very funny because you used the right word to explain how wrong your actions were, "attacking" people is by far the worst way to convince. Even if I know some things should change, I am not sure the game got "killed" by people who were not here, it's not like those MIA devs have to leave or code to get another release.

About the project leader who is "blocking everything", well, the only active in your list is RandomKiwi, I don't think he is blocking anything else than bug fixes on official maps, I don't really imagine him blocking code entries from a dev or even a script by an external player that could improve the game. I even think someone (non-dev) recently sent a thing to commit...
In this list is not mentionned X-Ray-Dog who is the one who actually maintains the game alive, kinda replace Jamz's work and also protect the forum of the DDoS attacks from your GEMA friend(s). This reason alone should be enough to ban you, even if we ignore the permaban evasion.

On a side note I think I also banned you from the French Community forum because you were seriously annoying, and I never saw one of the 7 admins saying a single word about your ban. I think the ban ended a year ago.

I fully agree with NarcotiK, we should code Lucas.
Thanks given by: Nightmare
Aerke was the only person doing things for a little while, but he has gone inactive. RK did all the packaging, map management, docs, etc. but has also gone inactive. Jamz has left AC (for now) and XRD has taken his role (server and website management). I'm fine with stef committing stuff tbh, as long as he doesn't put anything particularly stupid into the game. It was his forum behaviour that ran him into hot water with the community. Lucas doesn't want to dev because Undead doesn't like him or something. Same with Drakas (I might be wrong on this). Larry doesn't want to code for AC without actually becoming a dev because otherwise he thinks it will be wasted and not put to use.

Overall I think AC has just had a problem with devs listening to the community (who don't troll constantly) for a very long time now. /pause (after several years of the community asking for it) might actually be added now because Phantom coded it and gave permission for the devs to use it, despite Lucas coding it already and refusing to commit it. What the fuck?

A little ranty but it's 2am. I dare someone to start a drinking game and drain your glass every time I type "community".
(21 Jul 15, 05:12PM)Orynge Wrote: Lucas doesn't want to dev because Undead doesn't like him or something.
facepalm. i AM developing stuff for AC by the way - its just not interesting for the other devs (e.g. the match client)
(21 Jul 15, 05:12PM)Orynge Wrote: Same with Drakas (I might be wrong on this).
yes you are

(21 Jul 15, 05:12PM)Orynge Wrote: Overall I think AC has just had a problem with devs listening to the community (who don't troll constantly) for a very long time now. /pause (after several years of the community asking for it) might actually be added now because Phantom coded it and gave permission for the devs to use it, despite Lucas coding it already and refusing to commit it. What the fuck?

told you. we have a whole project. we just want the other devs to react to this project as a whole before they only take small pieces of code and forget about the rest. we don't want to make such efforts for nothing
Thanks given by: NarcotiK
Lucas + Drakas pls
Thanks given by:
(21 Jul 15, 05:12PM)Orynge Wrote: Lucas doesn't want to dev because Undead doesn't like him or something. Same with Drakas (I might be wrong on this). Larry doesn't want to code for AC without actually becoming a dev because otherwise he thinks it will be wasted and not put to use.

Lucas does want to, he just doesn't have the support of the development team, or so he's told me. He's not supporting Undead for a position as mapping dev because he personally dislikes him though yea.

From what I understand, too many people on the dev team have issues with Drakas so he won't be added to the team.

Larry won't be added either, but as you say it's because he refuses to submit a patch for something rather than as a personal issue. And after what happened with Phantom's pause feature, I honestly don't even blame him. I literally can see no reason why that wouldn't be added for the next version, it is complete, working perfectly, and just sitting there with nothing happening to it. Does anybody know why?
Thanks given by:
(21 Jul 15, 04:49PM)ExodusS Wrote: I fully agree with NarcotiK, we should code Lucas.

I don't need an AI :(
Thanks given by:
just ignore everything i said, i'm dumb
Thanks given by: Marti
I think I need to rephrase.

LUCAS DID SOME IMPORTANT STUFF. THAT STUFF NEED TO BE IMPLEMENTED. IT ISNT BECAUSE HE NEED THE OTHER DEVS PERMISSION. THESE FUCKERS ARE INACTIVE AND NOT WHILING TO ANSWER.

@SKB

@Exoduss

@Orynge
Thanks given by: ReDBuLL
Can we get 1.2.1, adding all pull requests? Pause, survivor counting rounds, unbindable haxjump, etc.
Thanks given by:
Yes I can promise you even better. But first we need to kick inactives devs blocking changes by their inactivity.

@Vanquish
Thanks given by:
F1 to this thread. This is the only way we move forward and stay alive
Thanks given by:
Don't really like your attitude but I like your iniciative. There should soon be a shuffling of the dev team so we can continue moving forward with the game. Only thing I am unsure is how devs are "removed" from the team. Is a discussion among the devs (if there's a sufficient number for that, that is) necessary or can the community get involved in that? Also — this goes without saying — it'd be great if the users mentioned in this thread as potential devs could disclose whether they are interested or not. It's easy to put names on a list, but it'd naturally be a lot of work and it's important that the new people are committed and can dedicate time to the project.
Thanks given by: X-Ray_Dog This user is a dev/forum admin , quico , Padfoot
post are being removed in my thread. i dislike that.

also wolf you might not like my attitude but i need to make my point very clear. there is no alternative. we do not negotiate anymore. most people playing ac with me will agree. i actually dont know people im playing ac with that disagree. only people on the forum will raise against it.

add a thanks in the first post. you need to choose a side. i see the list growing. i expect a post by the last usefull devs telling us how to do what we have to do !
Thanks given by:
I see where you're coming from but I'm a bit confused about some things:

Stef is already a dev

As is grenadier

And I think most of the team have acknowledged that aerke and all are long gone, iirc the active devs left are:
X-Ray_Dog
Lucas
Ronald_Reagan
grenadier
stef

And as Vanquish "the hater of all things good in AC" actually correctly said, the chance of Larry joining the devs is pretty slim, and SKB is too lazy ;)

So I don't really think that's the root of the problem.
Maybe I'm wrong, idk. But I do agree with the motivation.
Thanks given by:
(21 Jul 15, 09:23PM)Halte Wrote: add a thanks in the first post. you need to choose a side. i see the list growing. i expect a post by the last usefull devs telling us how to do what we have to do !

Yeah, no. If this is how the thanks button gets used then I'll reclaim it.
Thanks given by: Halte
(21 Jul 15, 09:23PM)Halte Wrote: post are being removed in my thread. i dislike that.
There were moved to another thread so the topic of this thread does not suffer.
Thanks given by:
Inactive devs aren't the problem. The "active" ones not doing anything is. Possibly, because no one wants to take the lead (and the responsibility.)
Thanks given by: Oracle , Nightmare
(21 Jul 15, 09:41PM)SKB Wrote: Inactive devs aren't the problem. The "active" ones not doing anything is. Possibly, because no one wants to take the lead (and the responsibility.)
This exactly^
(21 Jul 15, 09:41PM)SKB Wrote: Inactive devs aren't the problem. The "active" ones not doing anything is. Possibly, because no one wants to take the lead (and the responsibility.)

Me and drakas have done some great stuff, how is that nothing ?
but i agree on the other part : without any lead, nothing will happen.
If there was a lead, that clearly states our work is approved then finally we could push it.
Thanks given by:
(21 Jul 15, 09:45PM)Luc@s Wrote: Me and drakas have done some great stuff, how is that nothing ?

That's your pet project, and not actual work on AC itself.
Thanks given by: Nightmare , Undead , TheNihilanth , Marti , Padfoot
(21 Jul 15, 09:45PM)Luc@s Wrote: If there was a lead, that clearly states our work is approved then finally we could push it.

Would this involve the finding games in a web browser thing?
Thanks given by:
i personally think that someone should make me lead mapping developer and demote randumkiwi to my underling because i have lots of plans for AC's maps that i want to put into motion that would be found to be agreeable by the community as a whole and randumkiwi has no such plans to my knowledge.
Thanks given by:
(21 Jul 15, 10:00PM)Nightmare Wrote:
(21 Jul 15, 09:45PM)Luc@s Wrote: If there was a lead, that clearly states our work is approved then finally we could push it.

Would this involve the google log-in & finding games in a web browser thing?

well this is supposed to be extended to a socialization and match making system. (groups, game invites, auto match up, ranks, maybe event automatized tournaments ! )
so yes.

Google login is really cool because many people have an account already and its much easier to rely on them rather than implementing a whole registration with anti spam features system.
Thanks given by: .RayDen
(21 Jul 15, 10:04PM)Undead Wrote: i personally think that someone should make me lead mapping developer and demote randumkiwi to my underling because i have lots of plans for AC's maps that i want to put into motion that would be found to be agreeable by the community as a whole and randumkiwi has no such plans to my knowledge.

And yet you never reveal these great "plans"...
Thanks given by:
That's the kind of posts Im expecting. Naming real problems.

We want names. Who are actually the devs who decide what will be added and what wont. Who vote? Name them. I see no reason to keep that secret. Who are the deciding devs?
Thanks given by: