assault cube needs updates
[deleted by grenadier]
(24 Feb 15, 03:16PM)Mr.Floppy Wrote: Yes, I said the real game. If we can't agree on the fact, yes I said the fact, that assault cube is a multiplayer first person shooter game, then there's zero ground to have a serious discussion. Simple as that.
what you define as the 'real game' is a subjective concept. i don't believe the pub game is AC at its best, but you seem to think so.
you're entitled to your opinion, but you aren't entitled to force it on everyone else.
(24 Feb 15, 03:16PM)Mr.Floppy Wrote: On top of this he admits beeing a GEMA-only player, which tells that he himself does only focus on one particular aspect of the game (since everybody is so eager pointing out how AC can be everthing imaginable), which leaves out the real game...
and you admit to being a PUB-only player. you are of disgusting
when i become head developer, all servers will be limited to 6 slots.
sounds a bit insane, doesn't it mr.floppy?
Thanks given by:
@Undead:
1. I guess 'by far more' is just subjective here as well?
2. What I define as 'real game' is nothing about public servers, but about a shooter game. Still you don't get it? Secondly, I mainly play pubs since I am not in a clan and play occasionally. However, what point are you trying to make here anyway? The so-called competitive scene is about shooting too, isn't it?
3. I pointed out that very fact, since everybody is trying to defend that OP because of the freedom of the game, while the person in question himself doesn't give a dime. Probably too subtle I admit.
4. I don't know what you're trying to prove with the 6 slots limit, but I'd rather see this than those 30 slots again. I'd put it to 12 max by the way.
Thanks given by:
(24 Feb 15, 03:43PM)Mr.Floppy Wrote: @Undead:
1. I guess 'by far more' is just subjective here as well?
no, not everything is subjective. he is simply being more open-minded than you are, because you aren't being open-minded in the least.
(24 Feb 15, 03:43PM)Mr.Floppy Wrote: 4. I don't know what you're trying to prove with the 6 slots limit, but I'd rather see this than those 30 slots again. I'd put it to 12 max by the way.
6vs6 is still nonsensically chaotic. don't confuse yourself, people enjoy pub games for the chaos, not for structured gameplay.
(24 Feb 15, 03:43PM)Mr.Floppy Wrote: 2. What I define as 'real game' is nothing about public servers, but about a shooter game. Still you don't get it? Secondly, I mainly play pubs since I am not in a clan and play occasionally. However, what point are you trying to make here anyway? The so-called competitive scene is about shooting too, isn't it?

no, its about structured gameplay. just because you're shooting at someone doesn't mean that pubs and matches are the same game. pubs are nonsensically chaotic with no win objective and little skill involved.

the point of a game is to have fun, and AC is just that. a game. it isn't defined by shooting at other people, despite the developers having the original intention of developing an FPS. those intentions have changed drastically over time. AC is a great pub game atm, but a very poor competitive game, and this is reflected in the makeup of the developer team.

if some people want to modify the game to create a different type of game that is fun, then whats the issue? its just a mod. pretty much every single damn PC FPS supports modified modes, because its FUN. except AC ofc, because the devs must act as the fun police until AC players hate themselves so much that they want to play @camper every game.
AC players have basically created a new game out of public servers by deviating from the developer's original intentions, in the same way that gemas have. the only difference is that the pub players have become devs, instead of gema players.
Thanks given by:
Um Himmels Willen... Not everything is subjective? Erm... ? Wait let me guess. It is objective whenever it meets your opinion. Right?

Ok Undead, let's leave all that shit asside. You're at some weird war with the current dev team, like obviously a lot more people are. You can now stop wasting your energy at me, because I am not a dev and I have no influence on the development whatsoever.

I don't even get where you're heading. On the one hand you argue for the competive game beeing the real game, which is understandable and actually pretty much what I am saying, since I never exluced competive game from assault cube, but was talking about that 'shooting' part of the game. On the other hand you try to convince me that assault cube was an open playground for all and everyone. You may try to build something yourself at some point. Maybe you then realize what's wrong in your logic.

Finally and to put this to an end. This OP is some random jerk coming around talking bullshit and I have to explain myself why I don't consider his opinion worthy and even why I like a fist person shooter to be a first person shooter. This is beyond silly.
Thanks given by:
(24 Feb 15, 04:49PM)Mr.Floppy Wrote: I don't even get where you're heading.
That's because he is not heading anywhere. He is here for the fight, nothing else. He is here to be cheered at by little kids, who think, he is cool, "fighting the man".

His only contribution to AC is a hostile environment, here in the forum. To throw nonsense at everyone who does not cheer him - and, of course, mostly at the devs. Well, why wouldn't you? If someone is stupid enough, to provide something for others, free of charge, just for fun - it's only natural, to throw shit at them. "I like the game you made, you fucking idiot".

Jamz always insisted, that behind the asshole fassade, undead is a really nice person. I think, jamz is wrong.

Mr.Floppy, there is no point "discussing" with undead. Ever.
It's a waste of time. Well, probably every minute invested in the game and it's "community" is...
Thanks given by:
(24 Feb 15, 05:27PM)stef Wrote: His only contribution to AC is a hostile environment, here in the forum.

undead made maps that became official?
Thanks given by:
(24 Feb 15, 04:49PM)Mr.Floppy Wrote: I don't even get where you're heading. On the one hand you argue for the competive game beeing the real game

holy shit you can't even read. i'm not arguing for any 'real game'. this is where i get frustrated. i'm not going to bother repeating myself.

(24 Feb 15, 04:49PM)Mr.Floppy Wrote: Finally and to put this to an end. This OP is some random jerk coming around talking bullshit and I have to explain myself why I don't consider his opinion worthy and even why I like a fist person shooter to be a first person shooter. 

IQ: 64

(24 Feb 15, 05:27PM)stef Wrote: That's because he is not heading anywhere. He is here for the fight, nothing else. He is here to be cheered at by little kids, who think, he is cool, "fighting the man".

you're talking absolute nonsense.

(24 Feb 15, 05:27PM)stef Wrote: His only contribution to AC is a hostile environment, here in the forum. 

lets be real: if i joined the development team, and you left, AC would be better off.
is that why you're so afraid to include me?

(24 Feb 15, 05:27PM)stef Wrote: "I like the game you made, you fucking idiot".

you didn't make the game.

(24 Feb 15, 05:27PM)stef Wrote: Mr.Floppy, there is no point "discussing" with undead. Ever.

translation: there is no point "discussing" with people who disagree with stef.
once again, stef, you've proven that you have the written comprehension of a 12 year old. congratulations.
look at this rubbish:
[Image: t52944r.png]
Thanks given by:
(24 Feb 15, 11:44AM)Medusa Wrote:
(23 Feb 15, 08:00PM)Luc@s Wrote: ever heard about akimbo @ http://ac-akimbo.net/ ? It solves all of these requests.

Unless you step on the owners toes and get banned for spamming

You're lying and you're wrong. You still benefit from akimbo even if you don't have access to the forums.
Thanks given by:
(24 Feb 15, 05:39PM)Marti Wrote: undead made maps that became official?
"co-made", as he would want you to point out.
Maybe he was the one, who ripped the layout from keller to "make" iceroad :)
Thanks given by:
(24 Feb 15, 06:01PM)Undead Wrote: lets be real: if i joined the development team, and you left, AC would be better off.

Github has a nice "fork" button. Why don't you show me something?
Thanks given by:
(24 Feb 15, 06:01PM)Undead Wrote:

lets be real: if i joined the development team, and you left, AC would be better off.
is that why you're so afraid to include me?

If you joined you wouldn't be able to implement any of the necessary changes. AC needs more than tweaking a few parameters. You are not even offering a long term project for the game.

Stef, on the other hand, is probably the most capable AC dev - doesn't mean i agree with his projects for the future of the game, but at least if the dev team makes the right decisions, we know he can implement them in the right way. 
Thanks given by:
(24 Feb 15, 06:25PM)stef Wrote:
(24 Feb 15, 06:01PM)Undead Wrote: lets be real: if i joined the development team, and you left, AC would be better off.

Bah. It's easier to talk on the forums.
Thanks given by:

there is little point in me submitting a fork. i don't have the coding knowledge to implement what needs to be implemented. well, i do, it would just be more timely for someone more experienced than me to implement changes, rather than have me attempt to learn as i go and fuck everything on the way.

(24 Feb 15, 06:25PM)Luc@s Wrote: If you joined you wouldn't be able to implement any of the necessary changes. AC needs more than tweaking a few parameters. You are not even offering a long term project for the game.

i have offered long term projects for the game multiple times in the past. if i find the time, and you're willing to read it this time, i can write a draft outlining exactly what needs to be done.

(24 Feb 15, 06:25PM)Luc@s Wrote: but at least if the dev team makes the right decisions

which is where i come in. the developers have never made the correct decisions, and there is little point in having talented coders if they're wasting their time.
however, if you simply prove what has always happened in the past, on many, many repeated occasions, and simply ignore the reality of the situation, then AC will just continue on its path.

(24 Feb 15, 06:26PM)Luc@s Wrote: Bah. It's easier to talk on the forums.

talking can be very difficult, as you have proven repeatedly.
Thanks given by:
You don't need to send me anything; I know what has to be done. We've been working onit with Drakas for a bit already. But still, some people try to put a spoke in our wheel, instead of helping (things aren't even more than 20% done and people are already saying shit and finding excuses to complain about the work we've done, which is quite discouraging - maybe thats why the game can't get better ?)
Thanks given by:
(24 Feb 15, 06:42PM)Luc@s Wrote: I know what has to be done.

i assure you, you don't. once again, time will prove it, but you still won't get it.

(24 Feb 15, 06:42PM)Luc@s Wrote: maybe thats why the game can't get better ?

no, its because you don't listen. you haven't changed in 4 years.

stop complaining that nobody is helping you when you won't let anybody help you ffs.
Thanks given by:
(24 Feb 15, 12:27PM)Marti Wrote:
(23 Feb 15, 08:00PM)Luc@s Wrote: ever heard about akimbo @ http://ac-akimbo.net/ ? It solves all of these requests.

Shots fired

Is that all you can say, after me and cleanerspent so much time on AKimbo ? Maybe thats why you should not be able to post on these forums;
Thanks given by:
(24 Feb 15, 06:44PM)Undead Wrote:
(24 Feb 15, 06:42PM)Luc@s Wrote: I know what has to be done.
i assure you, you don't.
(24 Feb 15, 06:42PM)Luc@s Wrote: maybe thats why the game can't get better ?
no, its because you don't listen. you haven't changed in 4 years.
stop complaining that nobody is helping you when you won't let anybody help you ffs.
I must have missed your pull requests...
You don't know about our project, obviously. You wouldn't disagree with anything. You actually have no idea about what is planned. But you chose to throw shit at us anyway so, i won't even tell you, it would be a waste of time. You decided you would not help.
By the way : tell me who offered to help with the game or woop.ac recently ? i'll tell you : nobody. (edit: actually RK did)
Thanks given by:
(24 Feb 15, 06:33PM)Undead Wrote: there is little point in me submitting a fork. i don't have the coding knowledge to implement what needs to be implemented. well, i do, it would just be more timely for someone more experienced than me to implement changes, rather than have me attempt to learn as i go and fuck everything on the way.
Yeah, sure. You could, if you just tried hard enough :D
And since you don't want to invest that kind of time and work, you prefer to tell others, what they do wrong.
If you had used that time, that you spent on commenting from the cheap seats, you could have achieved at least something. All that you have now, is a degree in forum bitching. I guess, your folks are really proud of you.

Put up or shut up.
Thanks given by:
(24 Feb 15, 06:33PM)Undead Wrote:
there is little point in me submitting a fork. i don't have the coding knowledge to implement what needs to be implemented. well, i do, it would just be more timely for someone more experienced than me to implement changes, rather than have me attempt to learn as i go and fuck everything on the way.
In other words, you have nothing to contribute.
Thanks given by:
(24 Feb 15, 06:49PM)Luc@s Wrote: You actually have no idea about what is planned. But you chose to throw shit at us anyway so, i won't even tell you, it would be a waste of time.
i do know what your stance is towards the development of AC, and you have a completely incorrect view on far, far too many things. strong coding skills do NOT translate into strong decisions. your project will not work without my input, or someone similarly skilled, and then you will blame the community again. just watch.

(24 Feb 15, 06:49PM)Luc@s Wrote: You decided you would not help.

no, you decided i would not help. its completely up to you.

(24 Feb 15, 06:52PM)stef Wrote: Yeah, sure. You could, if you just tried hard enough :D

it isn't an area that i'm naturally talented in. its better left to people who are better than me at it, like yourself.
[deleted by grenadier]

(24 Feb 15, 06:52PM)stef Wrote: And since you don't want to invest that kind of time and work, you prefer to tell others, what they do wrong.

and is that such a problem? if you're correct, it isn't particularly difficult to prove me wrong, as i have done with you with little effort repeatedly.

(24 Feb 15, 06:52PM)stef Wrote: If you had used that time, that you spent on commenting from the cheap seats, you could have achieved at least something. All that you have now, is a degree in forum bitching. I guess, your folks are really proud of you.

what exactly have you contributed to AC besides KTF/HTF? i dont even know. are you now going to start a dick measuring contest based on contributions?

(24 Feb 15, 06:52PM)stef Wrote: Put up or shut up.
i have done that on far, far too many occasions to warrant any further efforts, and yet i'm still offering help.

(24 Feb 15, 06:55PM)Mousikos Wrote: In other words, you have nothing to contribute.

really? i could have sworn that the developers suffer from a leadership problem. i could have sworn i heard that from a few of them. not sure tho
Thanks given by:
Mate, developers listen to other developers. If you want to lead, set an example by submitting decently coded improvements, and say "see this is what it should look like".
Thanks given by:
Or at least milestones, specifications, etc.
Thanks given by:
(24 Feb 15, 07:08PM)Mousikos Wrote: Mate, developers listen to other developers. If you want to lead, set an example by submitting decently coded improvements, and say "see this is what it should look like".

you're actually clueless. you don't need to be a developer to know what needs to be done, you need to be a leader. those are two completely separate skills. one is a technical skill, the other is a more abstract one, drawing on a whole range of skills that not everyone possesses.

for real, everyone on this forum knows that its an ego thing. you don't want to let undead in the door because its undead. otherwise, at the very least, i would have a position for mapping by now, rather than RK.
Thanks given by:
(24 Feb 15, 07:00PM)Undead Wrote: i do know what your stance is towards the development of AC, and you have a completely incorrect view on far, far too many things. strong coding skills do NOT translate into strong decisions. your project will not work without my input, or someone similarly skilled, and then you will blame the community again. just watch.
so far it works better without your input (i.e. whine on the forums).

and you do not know what are my plans for the game... 
Thanks given by:
(24 Feb 15, 06:45PM)Luc@s Wrote:
(24 Feb 15, 12:27PM)Marti Wrote:

Shots fired

Is that all you can say, after me and cleanerspent so much time on AKimbo ? Maybe thats why you should not be able to post on these forums;

is this some sort of comeback vs me or are you talking to medusa?

if it is vs me:

pls reply to http://forum.cubers.net/thread-7976-post...#pid161192
Thanks given by:
(24 Feb 15, 07:12PM)Undead Wrote: you're actually clueless. you don't need to be a developer to know what needs to be done, you need to be a leader. those are two completely separate skills. one is a technical skill, the other is a more abstract one, drawing on a whole range of skills that not everyone possesses.

for real, everyone on this forum knows that its an ego thing. you don't want to let undead in the door because its undead. otherwise, at the very least, i would have a position for mapping by now, rather than RK.
I'm clueless? Do you know how to maintain code? Do you know how long it takes to bug fix some things? You want to be the conductor of the band, but you look at the score and don't understand any of it. Maybe a team leader does not need to have extensive technical knowledge, but unless you have a good knowledge of basic concepts, I would say you're not fit to lead a team of coders.
Thanks given by:
Undead, as soon as we implement bitching or maybe "throwing shit" as a weapon for the game, we will come for your expert opinion. As far as this forum provides evidence, that is your only field of expertise.

I don't care, if you know, what I've done in the past. You don't know (or care) what I'm doing right now. And you certainly don't know, what I am planning to do in the future. But you are sure, that I'm doing it all wrong, and the game would be much better without me. Well, I'll count that as further proof for the paragraph above.

Again: put up or shut up.
Thanks given by:
"Gema player is not AC player" ..... this opinion is so stupid :D, if you ban gema map, you believe that player starts to play your map ? Try to take admin on full server and change the map and wait what will happen. ;) Check the graph of AC player base and face the reality please. I will repair it: "Gema players are potential players of your AC map".
Thanks given by:
shooting through flags should be able pls
Thanks given by:
Well, I've discussed it with several people a number of times. But I won't waste my time here in the forum.

I did quite some research here in the forum, however. Including several questionnaires. If you bothered to contribute, I probably took your opinion into consideration.

If you want to be the first to know, what's currently happening: go, get a git client and a compiler. I started some threads, to help you set up and keep you in the loop. The goal was, to groom some new testers. No idea, if anyone ever read it...

Kicking cans around the forum seems to be more important to most.
Thanks given by: