New (correctly) hitfixed matchservers
Hi, just creating this topic to let anyone who's interested know about the existence of three new match servers available, hosted in Stockholm, Sweden on an SSD VPS with 1Gbps uplink. 

The servers have been recompiled with Larry's hitfix patch that was so popular throughout 1104, and there is no anticheat (it's for this reason that I currently believe these servers are the only ones of their kind atm). As such, the servers do not report to the masterserver, but you can access them via the /connects posted below.

They debuted last night and are being contributed to the 3v3 AC Christmas Cup taking place throughout December (they also have 50 slots so are sufficient for any and all spectators). Any suggestions, whitelist requests and/or admin requests are completely welcomed - [EDIT: I've parted ways with the Rising Cubers, so any admin requests must be given directly to them and not me. The best way to contact them is on their own forum or on TS3 @ ts-rc.tk].

/connect se-rc.tk 1111
/connect se-rc.tk 2222
/connect se-rc.tk 3333

Since I've been asked about this a few times more than I anticipated: why Sweden as a location?

Thanks for reading, feedback and criticism is welcome. Cya
Thanks given by:
Out of Curiousity...

...HostHatch?
Thanks given by:
Are those servers so good the private server menu doesn't even deserve those?
Thanks given by:
(12 Dec 14, 08:23PM)ExodusS Wrote: Are those servers so good the private server menu doesn't even deserve those?

They were set up last night, I don't think the private server menu has been updated recently. If anyone wants to add these servers in to the list it'd be appreciated.

(12 Dec 14, 08:07PM)+f0r3v3r+ Wrote: Out of Curiousity...

...HostHatch?

Yup haha! Awesome hosting provider. :D
Thanks given by:
Quote:Yup haha! Awesome hosting provider. :D

Ah for sure you will do well there!

se.aox-ac.net 5555 has been up there for several months now, and I haven't had an issue with them yet =)

Also - for anyone who mentioned the Private Server Menu:
I have updated the version here
[Image: rc_menu.png]
[Image: rc_menu2.png]
Thanks given by:
Ah wow, thanks for adding them to the list, much appreciated! :)
se.aox was actually my favourite server before I set these up, didn't know we were using the same host x)
Thanks given by:
Hey np man! =)
Always nice to see more options on the Match circuit =)
A heads up though: All this is fixed cuz Vanquish is awesome
I just noticed you may want to check your configuration - It appears as though your server's client limits are all capped at 6, not 50 :/
And all the Server Descriptions are set as #1 (Instead of #1, #2, #3) 
Thanks given by:
That's weird, we were playing on them today and they had 10 people on the server, with no problems. Some kind of bug perhaps?

About the server description you're right - I was just lazy and I figured nobody would notice since the servers don't report to the MS. I'll fix it tomorrow because it's 3am and I need my beauty sleep.

Thanks for your feedback, much appreciated! :)
Thanks given by:
I played on them and they were really good. I demand admin :-D
Thanks given by:
(13 Dec 14, 11:23AM)EndGame Wrote: I played on them and they were really good. I demand admin :-D

Thanks x)
Pick a pass and PM it to me or something, I can add it whenever.

The stuff f0r3v3r pointed out has been fixed now btw. :p
Thanks given by:
i'm getting 90 ms from paris, which is higher than i would expect
Thanks given by:
(13 Dec 14, 04:35PM)Luc@s Wrote: i'm getting 90 ms from paris, which is higher than i would expect

ikr, unlucky m8
Thanks given by:
Any chance of having US servers?
Thanks given by:
Might be worth asking in a separate thread directing your question at nobody in particular. I'm sure Vanquish would love to host a server in the US that no one will play in, however hosting a server capable of maintaining a stable and competitive environment for players requires additional costs on top of what he's already paying.
Thanks given by:
(13 Dec 14, 06:32PM)Mousikos Wrote: Any chance of having US servers?

Europe Master Race
Thanks given by:
(12 Dec 14, 05:15PM)Vanquish Wrote: The servers have been recompiled with Larry's hitfix patch that was so popular throughout 1104,

Is the official 1.2 server binary still not hitfix patched?
I remember indeed patching and recompiling my 1104 server...
Thanks given by:
I don't know, didn't hear anything about it so I applied the patch to mine anyway.
Thanks given by:
(18 Dec 14, 09:58PM)MathiasB Wrote:
(12 Dec 14, 05:15PM)Vanquish Wrote: The servers have been recompiled with Larry's hitfix patch that was so popular throughout 1104,

the official server is not patched because it is  no longer needed, the issue was fixed client side for 1.2 release.
Thanks given by:
To be clear, nothing other than recompiling (to avoid the anticheat) has been done.
Thanks given by:
(18 Dec 14, 10:48PM)Luc@s Wrote:

the official server is not patched because it is  no longer needed, the issue was fixed client side for 1.2 release.

Ah ok, didn't know that.
So the hitfix patch in this server is actually not required?
Thanks given by:
(19 Dec 14, 12:29AM)Roflcopter Wrote: To be clear, nothing other than recompiling (to avoid the anticheat) has been done.

what was the percentage of hitdrops you got before that ?
Thanks given by:
(19 Dec 14, 10:02AM)MathiasB Wrote:

Ah ok, didn't know that.

the "old" patch fix is indeed useless
Thanks given by:
(19 Dec 14, 01:20PM)Luc@s Wrote:
(19 Dec 14, 10:02AM)MathiasB Wrote:

Ah ok, didn't know that.

the "old" patch fix is indeed useless

Ok, thanks for the answer!

Right now I've only a 1.1.0.4 server running, but I'll be looking into 1.2
Thanks given by:
(19 Dec 14, 01:19PM)Luc@s Wrote:
(19 Dec 14, 12:29AM)Roflcopter Wrote: To be clear, nothing other than recompiling (to avoid the anticheat) has been done.

what was the percentage of hitdrops you got before that ?

0%. I hadn't been able to personally trigger hit-drops.

At the very least it should stop players being kicked wrongly for speed-hacking.
Thanks given by:
To resume, these servers are just basic recompiled ones without the anti-cheat because the anti-cheat binaries aren't public, saying it fixed a hit issue that doesn't exist in this version, and also false accusating the anti-cheat for hit-drop issues?
Thanks given by:
Well I and many others (including Larry himself) have said that they hit better on servers with no anticheat present. I don't know anybody who claims the opposite (that anticheat provides better hit registration).

I've never done any tests to officially determine anything, and I don't know if such tests exist or would even prove anything. The fact is that many players simply prefer to play on servers without anticheat because they believe it drops less hits and that they perform better on them.

Since I have no idea if he's gonna post anything about it, yopa also is hosting some more match servers without anticheat, although in New York, USA - the connect is /us-rc.tk 1111/2222/3333.
If you have admin on the swedish servers, the password is transferred automatically to the USA servers, and vice versa.
Thanks given by:
Well, maybe that mod was pointless, and a server without anticheat is hardly unique, since any home compiling necessarily removes it, but there's plenty still in favor:

- SSD and gigabit (=fast)
- Stockholm (a nice solid server for Europe)
- Having anticheat gone is itself an asset to some, and no detriment with private servers or good admins

I don't think anyone tried to blame anticheat for the hit dropping, it's just that anticheat happens to be gone now that modifications were made to the source code.

I'd also like to point out that none of these things mean the servers can't be on the public masterserver, as far as I know.
Thanks given by:
(20 Dec 14, 01:10AM)vonunov Wrote: I'd also like to point out that none of these things mean the servers can't be on the public masterserver, as far as I know.

Well it's 50 slots (so people are able to spectate league games and such), that's why it's not on the masterserver.
Thanks for your comments anyway :p
Thanks given by:
(20 Dec 14, 12:26AM)ExodusS Wrote: To resume, these servers are just basic recompiled ones without the anti-cheat because the anti-cheat binaries aren't public, saying it fixed a hit issue that doesn't exist in this version, and also false accusating the anti-cheat for hit-drop issues?

Possibly. I don't make the claim that there are anti-cheat hit drops.

(20 Dec 14, 01:05AM)Vanquish Wrote: Well I and many others (including Larry himself) have said that they hit better on servers with no anticheat present.

I am more of the opinion that's down to the server being hosted on a high-quality VPS.

It seems that the anticheat doesn't really add anything so removing it seems sensible. It certainly kicks people incorrectly sometimes.
Thanks given by:
(20 Dec 14, 01:05AM)Vanquish Wrote: The fact is that many players simply prefer to play on servers without anticheat because they believe it drops less hits and that they perform better on them.

Placebo or reality? Because, well you know, in the past, w00p private servers were helping players with Fra/w00p tags, and people believed it.
Thanks given by: