FIBA Basketball World Cup
Early foul trouble, not what we need. :[
Thanks given by:
Cousins y u no punch the guy??
Thanks given by:
(11 Sep 14, 08:51PM)Marti Wrote: Cousins y u no punch the guy??

Refs y u call foul on Cousins when he got elbowed in the throat and didn't even touch the other guy?!

Can't even do a hop step without being called for travel.
Thanks given by:
K game over im out

Serbia for WC
Thanks given by:
Great win to represent the nation on 9/11.
Thanks given by:
France - Serbia, gogo frenchies, lets go for the finals ! :D
Thanks given by:
(12 Sep 14, 09:15PM)DamDam Wrote: France - Serbia, gogo frenchies, lets go for the finals ! :D

You're French?
Thanks given by:
Serbia playing great atm, will be tough for France to keep up with Batum out

Edit: Looks like Batum is back
Thanks given by:
(12 Sep 14, 09:25PM)Nightmare Wrote: You're French?

Oui oui monsieur.

gg France can't defend, if we don't show any more enthousiasm (like vs Spain), we're going to get butchered. Serbia is playing smart, disciplined and they're completely dominating the game atm
Thanks given by:
Great game!
Thanks given by:
(12 Sep 14, 10:04PM)DamDam Wrote:
(12 Sep 14, 09:25PM)Nightmare Wrote: You're French?

Oui oui monsieur.

Bonjour. Good luck in the Bronze game!

(12 Sep 14, 10:47PM)RikPik Wrote: Great game!

France just wouldn't give up, but too little too late. :(

USA vs. Serbia on ESPN2 3PM EST this Sunday.

I think this game might be closer than it looks on paper.
Thanks given by:
Usa izi win

I predict 35 point win
Thanks given by:
(13 Sep 14, 01:09AM)Marti Wrote: Usa izi win

I predict 35 point win

I hope so <3
Gonna be very nervous while it's close. ._.
Thanks given by:
Favorites

USA

Contenders

-

Dark Horse Contenders

-

Underdogs

Serbia

Cinderella

-

Just joking, I predict a close match in which team with the most World Cup Titles prevails :P

GO Serbia!!!
Thanks given by:
If Serbia can keep up till the third quarter, anything can happen.

Theodosic OP
Thanks given by:
This guy made the team because Love, Griffin, Durant, George dropped out. And he's been a beast mode energy guy for us, and even an MVP candidate.
[Image: fariedheader_5.jpg?itok=pyn8nHuo]
Thanks given by:
Match of the tournament: Lithuania vs France. High scoring game, intense and full of nerves in last minutes. I enjoyed watching, even though my team lost. (Of course final didnt happen yet, so my opinion can change. Who knows, maybe Serbia can show some good show against USA)

Good job France, you deserve it :)
Thanks given by:
Hour and a half!
Thanks given by:
Shit, it was 37 :/
Thanks given by:
Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

[Image: 545e481647d2.jpg?v=20140914231216852]
Thanks given by:
what a shock result
Thanks given by:
(14 Sep 14, 11:55PM)Orynge Wrote: what a shock result

I'm honestly really surprised, they came from nowhere. Great underdog story.
Thanks given by:
Well, with the average age of 24 and this being our C Squad, it wouldn't have been a surprise if someone defeated them. They played hard & smart though, got the job done.

Maybe it's better to have the younger guys. They were hungry. Whereas LeBron would be sleeping by halftime.
Thanks given by:
Now USA is tied with Croatia with most FIBA championships!
Thanks given by:
Well done...
Thanks given by:
(16 Sep 14, 12:54AM)MotoShadow Wrote: Now USA is tied with Croatia with most FIBA championships!

LOL Moto, USA is tied with Serbia, not Croatia!

GG USA.
Thanks given by:
(16 Sep 14, 09:04AM)Wolf Wrote:
(16 Sep 14, 12:54AM)MotoShadow Wrote: Now USA is tied with Croatia with most FIBA championships!

LOL Moto, USA is tied with Serbia, not Croatia!

GG USA.

Technically it's Yugoslavia who won 5 championships.
Then they split into Croatia/Slovenia/Serbia/etc.
But when you click on yugo men's basketball on wiki, it does re-direct you to serbia basketball.
Thanks given by:
Serbia inherited all the titles according to FIBA. Also, you cannot split the titles Yugoslavia won because Yugoslavia consisted of Serbia and Montenegro only(2 titles). SFRJ(3 titles) is all that countries you mentioned but medals have to go somewhere and they went to Serbia which is a logical choice(not just because I am from Serbia :P). All former Yugo republics can be proud of those wins too, but it was basically Serbian and Croatian players.

This is how medals went SFRJ->Yugoslavia->Serbia and Montenegro(same country different name)->Serbia.

This is our first World Cup medal under the Serbian flag though, and big accomplishment considering the expectations.
Thanks given by:
(16 Sep 14, 12:37AM)Nightmare Wrote: this being our C Squad

No, no, and no again. I've read this countless times, but this is all bullcrap. It was not USA's Roster C, Roster B, I agree, but don't over exagerate...

Name me american players better than Curry-Irving-Rose at posts 1-2 ?
Harden would probably be in the team A.
As for Davis,Cousins, Drummond they totally are among the top 5 big men..

Some players may have been from C squad (Plumlee, DeRozan) but I dare you to make 2 team A & B with players who are stronger individually that the ones they showed up this year...

Yes LeBron, KD, Kobe, CP3, Howard, Melo weren't present, but they still picked their best backup to represent USA. So it is a bit "too much" to pretend that the World basketball scene got smashed by 3rd rotation players.
Even though it is pretty obvious that the NBA is on another level (physically especially) and the U.S by its size and population has a much deeper pool of potential players and therefore more raw talents :)
Thanks given by: