2014 AssaultCube World Cup
http://acwc.url.ph
Thanks given by:
Cool to so that there is a world cup this year! GL
Thanks given by:
Surprised to see arabian and iceroad1.1 in the rotation... I'll be happy to do statistics and such though.
Thanks given by:
Map pool could be reworked a little given the fact (i suppose?) that teams will know the map before and will be given some time to learn/get used to it.

btw y no depot undead? bad memories? jk ;D
Thanks given by:
great! I can help refereeing some games and writing articles :-)
Thanks given by:
If its not in july i can helpz
Thanks given by:
I can help out as an referee

EDIT: Also available to host match servers located in UK and East USA
Thanks given by:
I'm happy to be a referee/caster/article writer. If my internet fixes itself (yeah right) I could also stream.
I was also considering setting up a dedicated TS3 server for the event so that teams have a communal place to congregate (could also be useful for teams that don't have a place to meet), but I'm not sure if that would be well received or even used.

Anyway, awesome to see that this is finally happening.
Thanks given by:
I can ref and host a match server.
Thanks given by:
cool undead good job :D
Thanks given by:
iceroad and arabian , god.
Thanks given by:
Hey. We need a server in Miami or São Paulo. Anyone can help?

Depot is not cool for matchs?
Venison is not a hight level map?
Thanks given by:
I am available to stream / cast. My internet upload should be enough to allow people to watch the games in reasonable quality. I've streamed AC before (once or twice).

In regards to the format: I think it's time we abandoned the single elimination format for ACWC. There's too high a probability that teams which deserved to be in the bronze match get knocked out earlier in the tournament. I think that a double elimination format would serve ACWC much better.

Also, why is voice communication banned for ACWC? "use TeamSpeak or any other similar communication medium to receive or deliver information during the process of a match. Proof of this occurring, especially when the information transmitted relates to the enemy team, will result in harsh punishment." Hasn't TeamSpeak always been a part of competitive AC?
Thanks given by:
I'd be happy to ref if needed. I can cast too of course.
Thanks given by:
(13 Jun 14, 08:49PM)Zarjio Wrote: ...
Also, why is voice communication banned for ACWC? "use TeamSpeak or any other similar communication medium to receive or deliver information during the process of a match. Proof of this occurring, especially when the information transmitted relates to the enemy team, will result in harsh punishment." Hasn't TeamSpeak always been a part of competitive AC?
How to control it?
Thanks given by:
FTR venison is awful and should never have been made official. I'm glad it wasn't included in the pool.

And I believe what Undead means is spectators/benched players using Teamspeak to ghost and thereby relay information. I presume it's fine for the players to use Teamspeak.
Thanks given by:
Yeah voice communication is fine. it's exactly as vanquish said.

venison is a terrible match map.

iceroad1.1 is real sweet. I think arabian could be good, but i dont know the map very well yet or how it will play in 3v3 format.

depot is horrific.

I can stream/cast/write. My stream would be inferior to some others. I think the main thing for actv will be to have multiple dedicated streamers. I may do something like undead did in years past and try and organize the stream aspect.

i think player interviews could be interesting as well as pre-match analysis.

some stats could also be interesting similar to what larry did with the ag cup.
Thanks given by:
(13 Jun 14, 07:31AM)Orynge Wrote: Surprised to see arabian and iceroad1.1 in the rotation... I'll be happy to do statistics and such though.

I'm not completely certain I can, but I may write a program to automate statistic gathering provided I have access to all demos. I did this for the aG Cup, and it can provide stats that aren't feasible to gather manually.
Thanks given by:
(13 Jun 14, 10:34PM)Vanquish Wrote: FTR venison is awful and should never have been made official. I'm glad it wasn't included in the pool.
Thanks given by:
(13 Jun 14, 10:48PM)Waffles Wrote: depot is horrific.
^This

(14 Jun 14, 12:52AM)Roflcopter Wrote:
(13 Jun 14, 07:31AM)Orynge Wrote: Surprised to see arabian and iceroad1.1 in the rotation... I'll be happy to do statistics and such though.
I'm not completely certain I can, but I may write a program to automate statistic gathering provided I have access to all demos. I did this for the aG Cup, and it can provide stats that aren't feasible to gather manually.
That would be really cool. I've started to put together a spreadsheet and there's not really much you can do when you're limited to flags, frags, deaths and score. I was actually considering going through the demos to get flag steals and returns
Thanks given by:
(14 Jun 14, 01:40AM)Orynge Wrote: That would be really cool. I've started to put together a spreadsheet and there's not really much you can do when you're limited to flags, frags, deaths and score. I was actually considering going through the demos to get flag steals and returns

I'm planning on doing tables of
  • player's accuracy, ratio, flags, steals and returns
  • individual player's weapon stats including accuracy and some measure of weapon use
  • who kills who

Any other ideas? I'm not gonna spend much time on this
Thanks given by:
(14 Jun 14, 04:59AM)Roflcopter Wrote: Any other ideas? I'm not gonna spend much time on this
Some of the ideas I had was
- overall average amount of flags on each side for each map, although since there are so many maps they won't be played very often. This is probably more of a long-term thing.
- maybe amount of flag carrier kills?

Apart from that, just stuff you could figure out from the stats you're thinking of, like percentage of flags scored to flag steals. But even that can be inaccurate if someone else scores the flag.
Thanks given by:
I would like to see lainio and terros on the map pool as well as venison, dunno how someone can say that map is ugly. :)

I could agree if someone is saying that cavern is shit.

Some structure for the site:

Dont use those challonge.com tournament trees, those are looking really awful. Maybe you get some inspiration from here: http://acwc.woop.us/2010/ or use the same stuff like Lucas on his old acwc site. Same goes for the line-ups site.

I may can convince some old portuguese/canadian players to help their nation.
Thanks given by:
Whos is playing for OC? Is it possible to do seperate Aus and NZ teams?
Thanks given by:
Are there any NZ players left? For Aus/oNe, it depends on if Undead is playing. I think Xenon's around somewhere, and kchub's registered on the ACWC forums. There are probably others around, like Vermi or something.
Thanks given by:
Yeeeeah.
NZ team consisting of Me, Fate and RK? Sounds great.
Thanks given by:
This will be fun
Thanks given by:
(14 Jun 14, 08:11AM)Elite Wrote: I would like to see lainio and terros on the map pool as well as venison, dunno how someone can say that map is ugly. :). (...) Maybe you get some inspiration from here: http://acwc.woop.us/2010/ (...)
2010! My first ACWC - was so cool. I had to play ac_sunset against Australia . We had no chance. But it was really fun.
Well, Arabian Nights here I come!
Thanks given by:
(14 Jun 14, 08:11AM)Elite Wrote: I would like to see lainio and terros on the map pool as well as venison, dunno how someone can say that map is ugly. :)

I could agree if someone is saying that cavern is shit.

Some structure for the site:

Dont use those challonge.com tournament trees, those are looking really awful. Maybe you get some inspiration from here: http://acwc.woop.us/2010/ or use the same stuff like Lucas on his old acwc site. Same goes for the line-ups site.

I may can convince some old portuguese/canadian players to help their nation.

Apart from RCJD ands ikijlo, you may convice the others :)

Tbh, we don't have a strong Canadian team.
Thanks given by:
What about Sercaty & Crown ? Dunno if they are still around xD

http://forum.cubers.net/thread-5448.html
Thanks given by: