Make a wish #1: Servers
(11 Jun 14, 06:44PM)pkkiller Wrote: So, please bring back Douze CTF and give server owners the authority to ban maps/ game modes on their servers.
I agree, there should be flags on douze, and I hope, this will be fixed. However, the team spawns need to be removed from the map - since the map clearly has no team bases. Years ago, that was the agreement with makke: flags, but no team modes.

Server owners already can ban maps/mode-combinations.

Also, it makes me sad, that you consider yourself to be a "douze player"...
Thanks given by:
(13 Jun 14, 01:32PM)stef Wrote: ...I hope, this will be fixed.
Thank you for reminding me. I last tried this when I couldn't build on Windows, so I'll try again.
Thanks given by:
(13 Jun 14, 01:32PM)stef Wrote: Also, it makes me sad, that you consider yourself to be a "douze player"...

And what is wrong with that?

It's a good training map. Teaches you to aim with automatic weapons across long distances.
Thanks given by:
My wish is that there are no more sarcastic or very emotional developers. This is cruel and unnecessary.
And there are rules for admins in public servers that are visible in the list of MasterServer.
Thanks given by:
(13 Jun 14, 08:16PM)jamz Wrote:
(13 Jun 14, 01:32PM)stef Wrote: ...I hope, this will be fixed.
Thank you for reminding me. I last tried this when I couldn't build on Windows, so I'll try again.

Sweet! Go Jamz GO!

PKKiller.
Thanks given by:
[Image: SBcq1Wp.jpg]

automatic team fixes only for respawning players
Thanks given by:
(15 Jun 14, 09:34AM)Robtics Wrote: [Image: SBcq1Wp.jpg]

automatic team fixes only for respawning players
F1
You voted yes
You voted already
You voted yes
You voted already
You voted yes
You voted already

Also a big message on screen saying that you have been team changed and not just "You have been noobed by the server" in the console..
Thanks given by:
I think the decrease in players playing when I come online could be linked with no 10 v 10 matches. I thought they were great fun. Obviously some people must not, I never inquired as to why, though. 10 v 10 ctf depot, couldn't beat it.
Thanks given by:
i already get annoyed with 8 v 8 on most official maps
Thanks given by:
(15 Jun 14, 02:58PM)Hellspell Wrote: I think the decrease in players playing when I come online could be linked with no 10 v 10 matches. I thought they were great fun. Obviously some people must not, I never inquired as to why, though. 10 v 10 ctf depot, couldn't beat it.

That opinion is so wrong its not even funny. Please never do amything science related as your hypothesis' kills brain cells.
Thanks given by:
Implement matchmaking with an ELO system please.
To deal with quitters, ban players repeat quitters for certain periods.
They could still play public games during their matchmaking ban.

Also get red of autoteam. Or at least set autoteam=0 when mastermode=2.

Allow separate spectator slots. Cap player slots at like 10 and spectator slots at something high like 50.
Thanks given by:
(15 Jun 14, 04:38PM)Roflcopter Wrote: Implement matchmaking with an ELO system please.

ELO for duels/1v1s would be amazing.
Thanks given by:
(15 Jun 14, 03:09PM)DrauL Wrote:
(15 Jun 14, 02:58PM)Hellspell Wrote: I think the decrease in players playing when I come online could be linked with no 10 v 10 matches. I thought they were great fun. Obviously some people must not, I never inquired as to why, though. 10 v 10 ctf depot, couldn't beat it.

That opinion is so wrong its not even funny. Please never do amything science related as your hypothesis' kills brain cells.

I'll try not to write amything. Perhaps opting to study genetics at university was a bad choice. Anyway if you can prove people didn't leave because they enjoyed it less without 10 v 10 matches, be my guest. I know for a FACT that I loved playing 10 v 10 tosok and ctf, as did a great deal of players in the pubs, perhaps most of which no longer play AC.
Thanks given by:
(15 Jun 14, 04:38PM)Roflcopter Wrote: Also get red of autoteam. Or at least set autoteam=0 when mastermode=2.

This is already done.
Thanks given by:
1. If people voted for some map and played it, then server should ignore positions in maprot with this map, if it is possible, at least in next 1-3 matches.
2. "whois own_cn" should show result like in case of cn other players (it shows for example teamkills).
3. afk players should be default moved to spectator mode instead of kicked (unless server owner will set it intentionally). Later they should be kicked, if server will become full/almost full.
4. Restore autoteam from v. 1.0.4. Later changes of autoteam should be based on that solution.

Edit (22.06.2014):
5. Voting for map should be interrupted, if new map and mode are the same as map and mode in voting.
6. To consideration - maybe start of match on new map should be delayed about 5-10s? It is a little unfair, that after map change some players wait for new map loading not short time, and the others start much faster (on better computers or when they have earlier opened this map).
Thanks given by:
(15 Jun 14, 11:07PM)PhaNtom Wrote:
(15 Jun 14, 04:38PM)Roflcopter Wrote: Also get red of autoteam. Or at least set autoteam=0 when mastermode=2.

This is already done.

I'm not certain, but I think mastermode=2 leaves autoteam alone but simply ignores its value while mastermode=2. Then if the server is opened, autoteam may affect teams.
Thanks given by:
(19 Jun 14, 08:51AM)Roflcopter Wrote:

This is already done.

I'm not certain, but I think mastermode=2 leaves autoteam alone but simply ignores its value while mastermode=2. Then if the server is opened, autoteam may affect teams.

Oh I see I misunderstood what you meant.
Thanks given by:

This is already done.

So this is done for the next release? Have minimal time can't skim through above posts in case it is mentioned.
Thanks given by:
Who will miss the server wizard?
Thanks given by:
The server wizard was great when I first started getting into server hosting. At that point I couldn't have created a server from scratch.

While I doubt it would be missed since anybody that knows a decent amount about servers can probably do it from scratch, the newbies will most likely be able to make use of the wizard.
Thanks given by:
(24 Jun 14, 08:22PM)stef Wrote: Who will miss the server wizard?

Personally, I think that old script needs a revision, not elimination...
(I might be able to extend the .sh version to make it a bit more functional...)

But it depends on how you feel about it...

For many of us - our first servers started with that noob-wizard...
Some of us may have never started were it not for it...

Of course, that may also be the argument for getting rid of it...
Thanks given by:
The only people who will actually miss the server wizard will be those who reply to forum help threads about creating servers. Having potential server operators come here for help will provide an extra opportunity to drive home the responsibilities and pitfalls of hosting an AC server.
Thanks given by:
The alternative to the wizard is "filling out" a config file. The config file can have any amount of comments in it and it can easily be shared or posted in a forum.

And quite frankly: anyone who can not manage to adapt a few config file to his needs has no business running a server that is accessible from the internet. Chances are, that that guy also will never look at any log file or do other kinds of server maintenance. Also: even if you use the wizard, you still have to customise other config files (maprot, blacklists, etc).

The stock config files should default to give you a nice LAN-only server, btw.
Thanks given by:
Well then... To answer your question simply and directly.....
The curious noobs that want their own server are probably the only ones who will miss it.....
Thanks given by:
It would be great to be able to block map uploads by a substring instead of the full map name.

I have never used the server wizard.
Thanks given by:
(11 Jun 14, 12:42PM)Daithi Wrote: Make ban votes continue if a player disconnects, so they can't avoid it.

Even if that vote reason is false? I have been banned by a foolish today -_-

(11 Jun 14, 02:48PM)Daithi Wrote: All servers should have a ping limit of 150ms.

It's too low -_-
Thanks given by:
(21 Sep 14, 12:40PM)Lycomachus Wrote:
(11 Jun 14, 02:48PM)Daithi Wrote: All servers should have a ping limit of 150ms.

It's too low -_-

Should be a jitter limit instead.
Thanks given by:
Whitelist need to cover Blacklist, it's intelligent and logical.

It prevents this kind of problem.
http://forum.cubers.net/thread-7832-post-155523.html
Thanks given by:
(21 Sep 14, 11:41PM)dystropia Wrote: Whitelist need to cover Blacklist, it's intelligent and logical.

It prevents this kind of problem.
http://forum.cubers.net/thread-7832-post-155523.html
F1!
Thanks given by:
A "cover blacklist" will not help.
You need to understand the meaning of FREE GAME!

You need to to restrain actions of hate, xenophobia and racism. But the admins of the game do not act fairly and correctly.
Thanks given by: