Undead Ban
there are other issues that never led to a sanction, but to the decision to ban him permanently if he did shit again.
it seems it happened...
Thanks given by:
Damn Autists...
Thanks given by:
Damn auditors.
Thanks given by:
(15 Dec 13, 12:01AM)bballn45 Wrote: Undead is an idiot sometimes but most of those links are just stupid reasons. Most of them is just him calling someone a fucking idiot but it is ok for a Moderator like Ronald_Reagan to call someone a cunt.

Okay, warn me (or get a mod to do it).

(15 Dec 13, 12:01AM)bballn45 Wrote: He actually served time for those links. Its like the court system in the United States, once you are tried for something and you serve your time, you cannot serve any time after that for that specific crime.

This is true. However, not relevant. I am saying that he has a record, and because of that record his punishment is worse. This actually happens in the USA. What happens when you get a DUI once? What about the second time? Around the third time you get your license taken away.

(15 Dec 13, 12:01AM)bballn45 Wrote: Undead should not be banned for crimes that he already got banned for. I would give him 6 months top.

If undead wants to get unbanned sooner, he knows how. It is what he calls "sucking up to" us mods. Really, all he needs to do is be off our radar and then come back a few months later with some legit reason to be unbanned. Always has and will be my policy.
Thanks given by:
Here in Brazil we have a saying:
It is the game owner who brings the ball.

But what I think is:

Everyone who tries to speak in the name of justice, are an idiot.

- What I see is the beginning of stronger stuff.
This is a precedent to silence the voice of the community here in the forum.

What the system wants are just guinea pigs. Silent guinea pigs, no voice and no opinion.

'm Offending someone for giving my opinion?

I ask because some have very delicate egos.
Thanks given by:
I was merely pointing out that you committed practically the same offense as he did. The Devs are trying to make this forum a better place but banning Undead is not gonna fix it, the whole entire AC community does not take this Forum seriously from years of sarcasm/trolling/offensive messages/racism/ext. I respect the devs and their decisions but banning Undead is not just due to the fact that other people have done messages just as bad and not received 2 years of being banned.
Thanks given by:
(15 Dec 13, 01:57AM)bballn45 Wrote: I was merely pointing out that you committed practically the same offense as he did. The Devs are trying to make this forum a better place but banning Undead is not gonna fix it, the whole entire AC community does not take this Forum seriously from years of sarcasm/trolling/offensive messages/racism/ext. I respect the devs and their decisions but banning Undead is not just due to the fact that other people have done messages just as bad and not received 2 years of being banned.
What's your point?
Thanks given by:
My point is that people have committed the same crime as him and not gotten banned even close to the amount of time he is being banned.
Thanks given by:
Why Devs and Mods are so ofencivos today?
What happened?

Try a line of dialogue with the players.

Respect is conquered, not demanded.

The members of this forum have a high intellectual level, in the vast majority.

Open your hearts and souls;
Thanks given by:
(15 Dec 13, 02:13AM)bballn45 Wrote: My point is that people have committed the same crime as him and not gotten banned even close to the amount of time he is being banned.
Names, evidence? We are doing something wrong from your perspective, and maybe we are—we're not perfect—so give us constructive criticism so we can improve.

(15 Dec 13, 02:14AM)1Cap Wrote: Open your hearts and souls
Agree 100%.
Thanks given by:
The true is on the facts, and is a fact that Undead is a f..king idiot.

He got 19 opportunities to quit the "bullshitting", so.. Ban is correctly applied.
Thanks given by:
2 years though, i understand banning him but nothing should last that long for the small offenses he made.
Thanks given by:
Bullpup and RealViking both got permas for records that were not as bad as undead's.
Thanks given by:
It's hard to feel sympathy for the man. His maps are too detailed; they lag my computer.
Thanks given by:
(15 Dec 13, 02:13AM)bballn45 Wrote: My point is that people have committed the same crime as him and not gotten banned even close to the amount of time he is being banned.

Have you read my post? You know, the part about repeat offenses.

(15 Dec 13, 02:39AM)mpx Wrote: The true is on the facts, and is a fact that Undead is a f..king idiot.

He got 19 opportunities to quit the "bullshitting", so.. Ban is correctly applied.

More, he had more. Many more.

(15 Dec 13, 02:52AM)bballn45 Wrote: 2 years though, i understand banning him but nothing should last that long for the small offenses he made.

Again, did you read my post?
Thanks given by:
(15 Dec 13, 02:57AM)Bukz Wrote: Bullpup ... got perma for records that were not as bad as undead's.

Like a good neighbor KH is there...
Thanks given by:
This kid used to be a funny attention whore 4 years ago. Now, he is just an attention whore.
Thanks given by:
I hope DemonWolf also got warning points/ban.
Thanks given by:
[Image: 0DWUKBB.png]
Thanks given by:
(15 Dec 13, 02:14AM)1Cap Wrote: Why Devs and Mods are so ofencivos today?
What happened?

Because people keep trying to turn this community into a shitpile with comments and backhanded compliments (such as yours), along with cheating,and creating a better product for us all to enjoy . Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it is the presentation that blows SIR.
Thanks given by:
No.
Forum is a community.
Everyone is responsible.

This forum is moderated. This means that there are owners. (Understand this!) And... IMO
These Mods and Devs are the mirror of the community.

But I would not call this forum like a community.
The relationship here is symbiotic.

That is what is bringing these hassles.

- In my opinion, kick out a member (ban) is an extreme act. This act represents a major defeat. The inability of moderation results in these errors (consequences).
Ban a senior member? Just now?
Surely this is the beginning of something bigger.

And what was the criteria? "N" ofencives posts?

It is always possible to leave those who feel offended defend themselves.
Ignoring the insult.

Making clear.

I really do not like the behavior of the Undead in the game. But it is easy to handle it. Do not play with him.
The behavior of Undead in this forum is the same as many others participants who were not banned.

But I understand. This is the big problem of moderate forums.

This forum is the only moderated forum who I participate.
And, strangely, is where I see more problems.

Moreover, mistakes happen.
http://forum.cubers.net/thread-3424-post...l#pid62660

***Edited: Not forgetting. CharlyMurphie
Thanks for sharing your opinion.
Thanks given by:
I do believe......
Christmas has come EARLY!!!
Thanks given by:
give undead another chance
Thanks given by:
yes a one hundred and fifty thousandth chance
Thanks given by:
gimme the wanddddd
Thanks given by:
Pi + B elitests activate!
Thanks given by:
[Image: VPjMB.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Dick ride undead harder xenon.
Thanks given by:
Erm...I got to this one late. Back when I'd just taken on administration of the master server, I was invited to take part in a dev discussion about Undead. He'd just posted on the forums about how he'd caught someone (I can't even remember who it was) downloading an AC 'cheat' from a YT link. The 'cheat' was actually a remote access tool that Undead had uploaded as a sort of honeytrap, so his post was pretty much advertising the fact that he'd broken the law (as it stands in a lot of countries). The then-active devs (makkE, flowtron, RK) wanted my opinion on what should be done about it and what was possible. Undead already had a long history of pissing off forum users and in-game players (he was already infamous for it when I started playing, 5 years ago), so it was thought whatever action was taken would have to be a final warning. He received, if I remember correctly, a three month ban from the forums, and the master server (he didn't have a dynamic IP then, so it was possible). Above all, I explained to Undead that this would be a final chance; that his attitude to others would have to be adjusted if he wanted to maintain a place in the forum community.
I hope this explains why Undead has been treated differently from others. His history is different, and he knew this to be the case.
The above is my official statement as an administrator of these forums, and doesn't reflect any personal opinion.
Thanks given by:
/offtopic

why is Morrigan permabanned?
Thanks given by: