World Cup- 2014
(06 Jul 14, 02:05PM)Robtics Wrote: I think Neymars most important job wasnt to score the goals but he gave the team a lot of stability

I don't think the same, his role in the team was undoubtly hyper-exaggerated by media and such. Brazil is one of those rare teams where each player is self-standing, so they'll go through even without him.

I couldn't say the same for Italy (Balotelli, although he sucks), Argentina (Messi), France (Benzema) and so on. These sadly rely a lot on 'top-players'.
Thanks given by:
(06 Jul 14, 01:37PM)C4rma Wrote:
(06 Jul 14, 12:21PM)Andrez Wrote: Fred

Every team needs a goalscorer or how else can you win football matches. Brazil have lost theirs. I don't see Fred or Hulk or Jo getting close to scoring.

(06 Jul 14, 07:55AM)kleinkariert Wrote:
(06 Jul 14, 12:23AM)Hellspell Wrote: A Germany-Netherlands final would be tasty. ... I smile just thinking of the manager, RVP, Robben and Krul in tears, unable to be consoled after being systematically taken apart and embarrassed by die übermenschen. And Klose breaking Ronaldo's record in the process.

[Image: kr3u49ykd4.jpg]

I don't understand what the picture means but I will use it as an excuse to post this:

[Image: ELmVuby.gif]
Thanks given by:
That's the best gif in existence <3
Thanks given by:
you described (almost) every germans wet dream right there, Hellspell. looking at the gif you posted, you understood the meaning of that pic. ;) a final vs the netherlands 40 years after their dreamteam got wrecked would be absolutely great.
Thanks given by:
(06 Jul 14, 04:03PM)kleinkariert Wrote: you described (almost) every germans wet dream right there, Hellspell. looking at the gif you posted, you understood the meaning of that pic. ;) a final vs the netherlands 40 years after their dreamteam got wrecked would be absolutely great.

And we will finally get our revenge
Thanks given by:
(02 Jul 14, 08:11AM)Alien Wrote: My tip for semifinal:
Brasilia, Germany, the Netherlands, Argentina

100% :D

My final tip:
1. Brasil
2. Argentina
3. Germany
4. Oranges
Thanks given by:
Messi to win it all.

In other news, Wimbledon final.
Thanks given by:
(02 Jul 14, 10:48AM)titiPT Wrote: Colombia, France, Netherlands and Belgium are my predictions

Oops.

Germany-Ned final
Thanks given by:
Brasil-Argentina Final

Thanks given by:
(06 Jul 14, 06:02PM)Flames Wrote: Brasil-Argentina Final

That would be truly awful. I don't think Brazil or Argentina have an entertaining performance in them.
Thanks given by:
Argentina-Germany?
Thanks given by:
(06 Jul 14, 06:02PM)Flames Wrote: Brasil-Argentina Final

If this happens, we will need 1 policeman for every 5 fans in the stadium and outside.
It is not a game, it is a war.
Thanks given by:
I assume riots will happen if Brazil loses.
Thanks given by:
(07 Jul 14, 03:53PM)Nightmare Wrote: ...

They're already having riots.
Thanks given by:
I don't see how Brazil could win against't germany with their actual team lol Fred will never score any goal xD

And I think Holland-Argentina will be a nice match, but without Di Maria, Messi is going to play alone ^^
Thanks given by:
they play home, doesn't matter who is in their team :) even czech team is able to defeat strong teams when plays at home
Thanks given by:
does anyone know why the semi-finals are on different days? It gives one team more time to rest and prepare...
Thanks given by:
If they were on the same day then Brazil and Germany would have more time to rest. Either way you're always gonna have teams with more rest days.
Thanks given by:
(08 Jul 14, 12:39PM)titiPT Wrote: If they were on the same day then Brazil and Germany would have more time to rest. Either way you're always gonna have teams with more rest days.
Huh?
If they played the same day and hour they would have exactly the same time to rest. :|
Thanks given by:
I can understand that they wouldnt play at the exact same time but still a whole day is a lot more than a few hours
Thanks given by:
(08 Jul 14, 02:40PM)Andrez Wrote: If they played the same day and hour they would have exactly the same time to rest. :|

But that will never happen because it would mean less $$$ for FIFA. Besides, no one would want those games at the same time, it wouldn't make sense to only be able to watch one of them live.
Thanks given by:
(06 Jul 14, 02:39PM)Andrez Wrote: I couldn't say the same for [...] France (Benzema). These sadly rely a lot on 'top-players'.

Holly molly did you even watch France's games ?
People tend to think France's team is reliant on Benzema's performance, but it really is not true, he is not a leader nor needed for France to do good. He is good at his post, but like I already posted, Benzema was not the reason why France went "that far".

People tend to think that if there's a superstar amongst "nobodies" then the team relies on the superstar to perform. French team doesn't need Benzema to play awesome in order to win, and it's actually a good thing, because if we were waiting for Benzema to stick his fingers out of his butt, we wouldn't have gone very far...

As for France there are many talented players who do their job pretty well (Valbuena, Matuidi, Sakho, Varane, Griezman, Sissoko, Pogba...) and probably better than Benzemouche.
Thanks given by:
>> Retaliation ! dreams come true <<
Thanks given by:
(08 Jul 14, 12:29PM)Robtics Wrote: does anyone know why the semi-finals are on different days? It gives one team more time to rest and prepare...

No.

Brazil x Colombia played 04/07 > now play 08/07 4 days without playing
Germany x France played 04/07 > now play 08/07 4 days without playing

Nederland x C. Rica played 05/07 > now play 09/07 4 days without playing
Argentina x Belgium played 05/07 > now play 09/07 4 days without playing

But ofc, who win today, will have 1 more day to prepare to final.
Thanks given by:
2:0 for Germany, bb Brazil.
Thanks given by:
(08 Jul 14, 07:39PM)Furios Wrote: 2:0 for Germany, bb Brazil.
^this
Thanks given by:
Surprised Cesar couldn't save that.

Hail Mueller.
Thanks given by:
as expected, they are getting raped
Thanks given by:
Ruthless, military efficiency from the Germans. Vorsprung durch technik!
Thanks given by:
(08 Jul 14, 09:25PM)Honor Wrote: as expected, they are getting raped
Thanks given by: