World Cup- 2014
Australia played very well against Netherlands, Australia really deserved to win but unfortunately wins the one that score the goals. It seems that changing to Asian qualifiers will improve Australian soccer level in the future.

(18 Jun 14, 10:31PM)Skinny-Dog Wrote: Netherlands is a good team mate, unfornately Spain... like you said... terrible team, they got whipped :d

Mexico... ROFL

May be you are too young to understand -let alone to know what is- statistics, but all the matches between Mexico and Costa Rica from 1957 to 2013, Mexico has won 57.1% of those CONCACAF qualifier matches while Costa Rica has only won the 14.3%

If you don't believe me, check this.
Thanks given by:
Man... Like i said before, i never said anything about Costa Rica in my posts (besides one post), why you refer on that? Haha quite funny :3

What you guys think about Cameroon vs Croatia? Croatia is winning right now: CMR 0-2 CRO
Thanks given by:
(18 Jun 14, 06:13PM)Vanquish Wrote: True.

NL losing 2-1, shitting yourself yet Marti? :D

EDIT: Twelve mins later and they're winning 3-2 :D

Mad?

Tbh Cahill scored a great goal, but hell no that wasn't a penalty
Thanks given by:
GOODBYE SPAIN O/
Thanks given by:
Man, this world cup is DA SHIT!! Best one in ages, crazy ass matches, lots of goals. Who the hell could imagine the Aussies putting that ammount of pressure in the Netherlands!? and Costa Rica bitch slaping Uruguay!? And Spain xD xD xD!!! For what we seem so far the cup is up for grabs, there is absolutely no favorites. GREAT FUCKING CUP! High quality football, apart from Brazil, what a disappointment! Thou experience has shown us that the Brazilian coach is a master of turning shitty and critized teams in champions, (he was the one who took 2002 WC to Brazil when no one from himself and the players belevied in it) not sure if he has the human factor there. We shall see!
Thanks given by:
USA to beat PT, calling it now
Thanks given by:
(19 Jun 14, 05:46AM)Oracle Wrote: USA to beat PT, calling it now

If our coach starts João Pereira, Miguel Veloso or Postiga, it's all yours. For fuck's sake, it's like a ex-Sporting players circle jerk sponsored by the great Paulo Bento.
Thanks given by:
Lel England
Thanks given by:
England not done yet.

#rooney

(19 Jun 14, 06:00PM)titiPT Wrote:
(19 Jun 14, 05:46AM)Oracle Wrote: USA to beat PT, calling it now

If our coach starts João Pereira, Miguel Veloso or Postiga, it's all yours. For fuck's sake, it's like a ex-Sporting players circle jerk sponsored by the great Paulo Bento.

& escape from 'The Group of Death' <3
Thanks given by:
ROOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYY
Thanks given by:
(19 Jun 14, 09:35PM)Vanquish Wrote: ROOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYY

Suarez
Thanks given by:
Sorry jamz & Vanquish :(
Thanks given by:
Well it's ok, while it would have been nice to win or even tie vs Uruguay I don't think anybody expected it. Especially with the return of Suarez, they are the hardest team in our group IMO. You can say I'm dicksucking but if you actually saw this match you'd agree with me. He simply outclassed any of our players.
Thanks given by:
What an embarrassing performance. To lose to Italy I can understand but to lose to a team who struggled to qualify and were beaten by Costa Rica is unacceptable. If we played as well as we did against Italy we would have walked over Uruguay. Most of the players who stepped on the pitch tonight can take the next plane home. They embarrassed our country in front of the world.

Still, despite that disaster, we can still qualify as long as Italy perform to the level expected of them in their next two games. Assuming we can beat Costa Rica in our third game. We won't deserve it if we get out but I will take it.
Thanks given by:
Greece-Japan was very hard to watch. Most uninteresting match so far, Japan tried the same approach again and again without realizing that if their team is made up of mostly short dudes, crossing the ball is probably not gonna work.
Thanks given by:
Root for Costa Rica tomorrow, bitches.

Edit: Unless you're English.
Thanks given by:
I can't wait more... argh... i wanna see that match!!!
Thanks given by:
(19 Jun 14, 10:00PM)Nightmare Wrote: Sorry jamz & Vanquish :(
Erm...referring to an earlier post where Andrez was asked to name three Honduras players, I'm not sure I could name three England players. These overpaid prima donnas don't represent me.
Thanks given by:
(20 Jun 14, 06:35AM)jamz Wrote:
(19 Jun 14, 10:00PM)Nightmare Wrote: Sorry jamz & Vanquish :(
Erm...referring to an earlier post where Andrez was asked to name three Honduras players, I'm not sure I could name three England players. These overpaid prima donnas don't represent me.
Rooney, Giggs, Hart.

England is easier. At least most people can name teams from the EPL. Try getting people to name teams from the MLS...
Thanks given by:
(20 Jun 14, 06:47AM)Music Wrote: Try getting people to name teams from the MLS...

Landon Donovan.

Ohwait.
Thanks given by:
(20 Jun 14, 06:47AM)Music Wrote: Rooney, Giggs, Hart.

Giggs is welsh
Thanks given by:
That moment when the world mocks you for not taking Soccer seriously. And our soccer team has more wins than England, Spain, and Russia combined.

[Image: 5320024.jpg]

AMERICA
Thanks given by:
(20 Jun 14, 11:44AM)Nightmare Wrote: That moment when the world mocks you for not taking Soccer seriously. And our soccer team has more wins than England, Spain, and Russia combined.

You played an easy opponent though. You would get absolutely demolished to shit if you played England, Spain or Russia. Get out of your group and then you have something to be proud of.
Thanks given by:
Hahahahah, to me, saying that USA is a football soccer team is like saying Italy is a cricket world champion. :D
Thanks given by:
(20 Jun 14, 11:47AM)Vanquish Wrote:
(20 Jun 14, 11:44AM)Nightmare Wrote: That moment when the world mocks you for not taking Soccer seriously. And our soccer team has more wins than England, Spain, and Russia combined.

You would get absolutely demolished to shit if you played England

Dude we couldn't demolish a shit with this team
Thanks given by:
:D
[Image: PH3saNn.png]
Thanks given by:
(20 Jun 14, 01:00PM)Nightmare Wrote: :D
[img]

I can find meaningless pictures on the internet too.

[Image: c4mxGNW.jpg]

Re-read my post. I said Ghana was an easy opponent, don't even attempt to deny it. Portugal have also pretty much been sent out anyway but they'll still smash you on Sunday (maybe not since they're playing crap atm but they'll still win izi). Admittedly you do have Germany in your group, although I presume you won't be spamming about that match as much after it's been played. I'm not trying to insinuate that we aren't bad at football as a country since I know full well we are (so are you), but it's frustrating to see you bragging over something which isn't remotely impressive multiple times in the same thread.
Thanks given by:
(20 Jun 14, 01:00PM)Nightmare Wrote: :D
<pointless chart>
This is utter bullshit. It would be true if expectations would totally be equal to reality.
See, Spain's bar should be half of that for example. You can never say it's hard until your team must face two matches against two teams like Germany, France, or Brazil. But again, this depends on how strong and motivated that team is in the current competition, so that's the proof your chart is a big pile of bullshit.

EDIT: fixed typos
Thanks given by:
That chart even shows that Ghana is terrible...
Thanks given by:
Chart is just there to say if America escapes from the group without their two best players, there is no denying they're a solid soccer team.

Also, any other underdog wins and it's a 'delightful surprise', and 'good for them'. If America wins, excuses flare up 'The best African team sucks, That's not the real Portugal, Germany took the night off'
Thanks given by: