AssaultCube 1.2.0.0 Release
Has someone installed succesfully it on Linux?? Because I tried to do it on Ubuntu 12.04 and I cant, please if someone knows the way to install it, tell it to me ;)
Thanks given by:
Awsome job guys <3

aerkefiende :3
Thanks given by:
Congrats to all the devs involved in this release!
Thanks given by:
omg, am i dreaming ?
Thanks given by:
Nice! :-D I'm ready to start my 1.2 kingdom kkkkk
Thanks given by:
Thank you Devs :D
Thanks given by:
Brace yourselves, sniper AC era has begun...
Thanks given by:
(10 Oct 13, 01:16AM)eldelantero Wrote: Has someone installed succesfully it on Linux?? Because I tried to do it on Ubuntu 12.04 and I cant, please if someone knows the way to install it, tell it to me ;)

What problems are you running into? I had this: http://bpaste.net/show/DrKXfxsAB9eLMBrzlgmN/

But this is a running problem, not an installation problem. Just unpacking the prebuilt client and trying to run it. I find mainly other people on Arch having similar problems so maybe it's not relevant. It's been passed up to dev anyway.
Thanks given by:
Oh, very nice dev's !!
can't wait to play it and hopefully some people will return to AC since this release, furthermore I am hoping for some fresh blood. :)
Thanks given by:
rest in peace AR, you will be missed
a new era has begun, whether it will possess the same innovation of the 1.1 era is yet to be seen.
i am hopeful that the new diversity of weapon choices will encourage a stronger meta that encourages innovation and excitement.

intermediate job, developers.
Thanks given by:
Few new bugs to report with the new release:

1. A few of us are having trouble running the linux server binaries. I couldn't get the 64-bit version running (yes, I have a 64-bit machine) while XRD couldn't get the 32-bit version running. In both our cases we got a "file or folder does not exist" message when trying to run the binary (really weird stuff).

2. It appears the models for ladders are missing client-side.
Thanks given by:
Nice news!
my addiction is back.
Thanks given by:
SMG OP, pls fix

Gj :)
Thanks given by:
(10 Oct 13, 06:50AM)Zarjio Wrote: 2. It appears the models for ladders are missing client-side.
I have no issues with ladders, can you give us a screenie please
Just in case check also in any folder in packages/models/mapmodels/misterfloppy/hanging_ladder/ if you have the tris.md3 files
Thanks given by:
(10 Oct 13, 01:16AM)eldelantero Wrote: Has someone installed succesfully it on Linux?? Because I tried to do it on Ubuntu 12.04 and I cant, please if someone knows the way to install it, tell it to me ;)

(10 Oct 13, 05:18AM)Jack Wrote:

What problems are you running into? I had this: http://bpaste.net/show/DrKXfxsAB9eLMBrzlgmN/

But this is a running problem, not an installation problem. Just unpacking the prebuilt client and trying to run it. I find mainly other people on Arch having similar problems so maybe it's not relevant. It's been passed up to dev anyway.

(10 Oct 13, 06:50AM)Zarjio Wrote: Few new bugs to report with the new release:

1. A few of us are having trouble running the linux server binaries. I couldn't get the 64-bit version running (yes, I have a 64-bit machine) while XRD couldn't get the 32-bit version running. In both our cases we got a "file or folder does not exist" message when trying to run the binary (really weird stuff).

2. It appears the models for ladders are missing client-side.

Regarding Linux installs. Please note, there are *THREE* available libcurl libraries. The binaries were compiled with "libcurl4-openssl-dev".

Note, how it is version 4 of libcurl, and also that it is the openssl version.

To fix this bug, I need to know:
* What version of libcurl you're using (i.e. should I downgrade the binaries to use libcurl3 ?)
* What version edition of libcurl you're using (i.e. should I use the NSS flavour, or gnutils flavour, instead of openssl... my expectation is 'no').

To instantly fix this bug though, just download libcurl4-openssl....
Thanks given by:
wooooooow, great job devs! much appreciated (goddamn now I just have to play this during my study period!)
Thanks given by:
where's vern?
Thanks given by:
(10 Oct 13, 07:57AM)Cleaner Wrote:
(10 Oct 13, 06:50AM)Zarjio Wrote: 2. It appears the models for ladders are missing client-side.
Just in case check also in any folder in packages/models/mapmodels/misterfloppy/hanging_ladder/ if you have the tris.md3 files

I had problems with older maps cfg because some stuff is now in folder "makke" and in 1.1 it was in root. So all older maps cfgs need to be manually adjusted.
Thanks given by:
TLSS? KUT has an invincible team. Good joob, I can finally play alone vs multiple opponents, jk. :D

Thanks for this new release <3
Thanks given by:
OMG.

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!

After a long time, it finally arrived.

Awesome work guys.

Hope it become better and better.

Thanks.
Thanks given by:
Ooooooh finally! Dio cane, grazie! :)
Thanks given by:
(10 Oct 13, 10:19AM)|HP| Wrote:

I had problems with older maps cfg because some stuff is now in folder "makke" and in 1.1 it was in root. So all older maps cfgs need to be manually adjusted.

Indeed, older maps aren't compatible with v1.2 so you can either auto-download it straight ingame from AKIMBO (type /getmap mapname) or, if the map isn't yet in our vault you can also (no need to do it manually) use the v1.2 cfg converter.
Thanks given by:
(10 Oct 13, 01:29PM)Cleaner Wrote:
(10 Oct 13, 10:19AM)|HP| Wrote:

Indeed, older maps aren't compatible with v1.2 so you can either auto-download it straight ingame from AKIMBO (type /getmap mapname) or, if the map isn't yet in our vault you can also (no need to do it manually) use the v1.2 cfg converter.

cool, missed that one.
Thanks given by:
is it just me or does /addOnLoadAlways fog 1024 not work? and /onKill wont work?
Thanks given by:
considering that you worked for free in the spare time, you did a great job.
Thanks given by:
Thank you based devs
Thanks given by:
Finally, thx god
Thanks given by:
Loving the new version!
STAY TUNED FOR A LETS PLAY!
(When it uploads)
Thanks given by:
thanks. And I mean it.
Thanks given by:
FUCK YEAH <3