Make amends?
The people at RCA (I know you don't want us to mention the name here) want to make amends with you guys. We are working hard at replacing copyrighted materials (I'm a modeler) and hopefully you will no longer hate us when we are finished with that.
Thanks given by:
Posting just to say not every member here blindly hates you.

That said, replacing copyrighted materials would be a step in the right direction, though some of our members can be very opinionated.
Thanks given by:
It's great to know that a few AC players understand.
Thanks given by:
Well, the good horse can be decided at the end of the race, so...
Thanks given by:
Why treat it like a race? Why would it have to be a competition?
Thanks given by:
He meant that you can make amends.
Thanks given by:
Im not real clear why a game was even made that didnt have explicit approval by the authors of copyrighted content. (Im pretty ambivalent to acr btw) It seems like a lot of the trouble comes from the 'makers' of the code not having a solid idea of what licensing truly entailed.

I remember reading somewhere some rhetoric from victor about how much o the content could fall under fair use, but the rhetoric he was using was quite weak.

Anyway, i think many people in the community would rather not hear about a game we have no desire to play. Sure there are some people who play both and thats great, but when you all come here to remind us you exist, it just seems like a cry for help.
Thanks given by:
If ACR was done on Cube 2 and maybe with a different name, then people would take it seriously.
Thanks given by:
Because ACR had a bad start and took copyrights originally it leaves a bad taste in everyones mouth.
I have tried it before, I am not just being "one of those people". It has a couple good ideas, but it went about it the wrong way.
Thanks given by:
(22 Aug 13, 07:30AM)guywarblu Wrote: We are working hard at replacing copyrighted materials

Who's stuff are you going to steal this time?

(22 Aug 13, 07:30AM)guywarblu Wrote: (I'm a modeler)

Yeah right!

You wanna make amend? Switch off ACR!

Off Topic...

(22 Aug 13, 12:33PM)Waffles Wrote: (Im pretty ambivalent to acr btw)

The term ambivalence was introduced in 1910 by Eugen Bleuler to describe an aspect of the mental state of schizophrenia. (wiki source.)
Thanks given by:
Schizophrenia does run in the family
Thanks given by:
(22 Aug 13, 09:55AM)guywarblu Wrote: Why treat it like a race? Why would it have to be a competition?

You totally misunderstood. I meant that this can be considered only after the whole work gets done, until then it's just about words.

Just my opinion though, devs/leaders will decide about this.
Thanks given by:
cleaner, wtf, are you trying to start shit?

and ya sorry bout that 'race' thing. i did misundersrand

seriously cleaner, we are trying to make amends with AC and it seems as though your natural instinct is to instantly try to berate me (im not a modeler? where the fuck is that coming from?) whats your goal? what are you trying to achieve in all of this?
Thanks given by:
hes trying to achieve the end of acr
Thanks given by:
never mind the fact that we are trying to make peace with him. fuck logic anyway
Thanks given by:
it's incredible how unaware of yourself you appear to be, guywarblu
Thanks given by:
(22 Aug 13, 10:16PM)guywarblu Wrote: ... (im not a modeler? where the fuck is that coming from?)...

(22 Aug 13, 07:30AM)guywarblu Wrote: ...We are working hard at replacing copyrighted materials (I'm a modeler)...

ninjedit: At least Victor has a modicum of intelligence. Couldn't he find anyone else to come and beg?
Thanks given by:
what do you have against ACR? name every thing you hate, and we would try to change it

cant we just have a decent discussion about AC and ACR?
Thanks given by:
Incredible that you have no past knowledge on the game in which you contribute.
Thanks given by:
[Image: misc-are-you-fucking-kidding-me-l.png]
Thanks given by:
(23 Aug 13, 03:13AM)guywarblu Wrote: 9gag

as much as i enjoy cussing, you might stand a better chance making amends without being a total bitch

two things people dont like about ACR- name and copyright infringement

not to mention victor
Thanks given by:
i love this community! (note to the people who are actually tolerant of ACR, this sarcasm wasnt directed towards you)
Thanks given by:
(23 Aug 13, 03:33AM)Cemer Wrote: as much as i enjoy cussing, you might stand a better chance making amends without being a total bitch
What's worse is he seems to only use "fuck" or "fucking" exclusively, like it's a flag for sentences indicating that they are, in fact, particularly angry ones.

Oh, and I totally agree with the second half of Cemer's post, too. Victor's a douche.
Thanks given by:
fuckfuckityfuckfuckfuck. good day to you sir.
Thanks given by:
Person A hits person B. Person A keeps on bullying person B even when person B tries to talk in a mature and rational way to person A.
Person A dont give a fuck.

Person B get hurts and upset as this keeps going on over time.

Person A then come asking for forgives.

What you mean person B should do?
Turn the other cheek and get fucked again?

Maybe person A should show he means what he says before asking for forgives.
Thanks given by:
hey ACR

to fully demonstrate your wishes to make amends, you should remove your project until all violating content is removed or replaced.

unless of course, this is just a diplomatic ploy.
Thanks given by:
[Image: jjR3gcn.jpg]

[Image: 5456899s.gif]
Thanks given by:
Thanks given by:
I played ACR, I wanted to see what it was so I could make my own mind up. I looked carefully through all the aspects of the game and concluded the following;

"Its a rip of of AC, some good stuff that would of worked well in the original but still a rip off. It only survives (barely) because it copies an original which is very popular. The size of the two communities says it all, a copy will never be as good as the original, if ACR wanted to achieve greatness then as Undead said remove all copyrighted material, change name and good luck to you"

I actually find it odd that you would come here to "make peace" and then start abusing people? If you genuinely want to make peace stop fukin people over for their copyrighted materials and then instead of being a douche talk to people nicely.
Thanks given by:
The opposition to your bootleg game doesnt need a leader. The majority of the old school community hates ACR because its a copy of an existing work. And sure you may change copyrighted materials, and change various aspects of the game... but it remains a plagiarism of the original. There is no making amends as far as I am concerned.
You can glue a picture of Liza Minelli's face on the Mona Lisa and call it "Mona Liza". The fact remains you didn't create shit, you just pasted your idea on top of someone else's hard work.
Thanks given by: