Make amends?
[Image: fdjKCo5.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Cleaner for Lead Dev

(23 Aug 13, 07:58AM)Undead Wrote: hey ACR

to fully demonstrate your wishes to make amends, you should remove your project until all violating content is removed or replaced.

unless of course, this is just a diplomatic ploy.

This.
Thanks given by:
Ahahahaha cleaner ily
Thanks given by:
Okay, you probably should have worded that first post in a better way.
You made it seem like you were a modeller for ACR, instead of a random modeller guy.
Thanks given by:
(23 Aug 13, 10:55AM)Boomhauer Wrote: The opposition to your bootleg game doesnt need a leader. The majority of the old school community hates ACR because its a copy of an existing work. And sure you may change copyrighted materials, and change various aspects of the game... but it remains a plagiarism of the original. There is no making amends as far as I am concerned.
You can glue a picture of Liza Minelli's face on the Mona Lisa and call it "Mona Liza". The fact remains you didn't create shit, you just pasted your idea on top of someone else's hard work.

*D3M0NW0LF agrees 100%*
Thanks given by:
Are you this one who said you made the MK12SPR (sniper mod) but you just stole it from another game?
Thanks given by:
cleaner you are a genius

can you please calm down a bit warblu.

most people just want ACR to not be infringing; plain and simple
Thanks given by:
LoL @ Cleaner
Thanks given by:
(23 Aug 13, 12:11AM)jamz Wrote:
(22 Aug 13, 10:16PM)guywarblu Wrote: ... (im not a modeler? where the fuck is that coming from?)...

(22 Aug 13, 07:30AM)guywarblu Wrote: ...We are working hard at replacing copyrighted materials (I'm a modeler)...

ninjedit: At least Victor has a modicum of intelligence. Couldn't he find anyone else to come and beg?

dat original context
Thanks given by:
Hello, I'm also an ACR member, and I have a few things to say:

1. Yes, we ripped off AC. If you didn't like that, you should not have had your code be open source in the first place. We are now abiding by the Cube license so there is nothing to say in that regard. Look at Libreoffice and Openoffice, Libreoffice "ripped off" Openoffice but Openoffice and Libreoffice have good relations with each other, they even share code every now and then. That's how open source works. Also, you can't say that you made every single line of code since you ripped off the Cube engine in the first place. So you're also ripping off Mona Lisa. And Mona Lisa is so good they keep it under constant surveillance with a sheet of bulletproof glass in the Louvre. So there.

2. It doesn't take a genius to realize why AC members hate ACR so much. The thread subject is like "lok at mah tacticool blahblah!!!" and it quickly degenerates into "fuk u fuk uuuuu y u hate acr so much u just hating u just hating >:(". I don't think anybody would respond nicely to being cussed at....

3. Its easy to complain that ACR "rips" off content, but we simply do not have enough modelers, mappers, and content creators. Also the content creators still don't know much about copyright... so its a learning process and I really can't just say do this do that because I'm not creating the content. But we are progressing quickly in the right direction, and guywarblu is creating a ton of non-ripped models, although he still has trouble with the textures. Its nice to just say "immediately become 100% original with complete original models, textures, sound, and maps" but Rome wasn't built in a day.

4. We didn't hack you. Sorry, but we just don't care that much. It would be nice to share information though since hacking attempts have been made against ACR pretty soon after AC was hacked I think.
Thanks given by:
(23 Aug 13, 09:16PM)dm.mossberg590a1 Wrote: So there.
OK, that's it. Case closed. Job done. I think I speak for everyone when I say we've learnt a lesson here.
Thanks given by:
With so many bright peeps like yourselves working together is vey surprising that this ACR thing isn't a huge success...

For real now: Or you didn't grasp the open source concept at all, kid or you got to be one the most stupid persons that ever lived. The source code and the actual contet of the game are quite different things, as you even say yourself in this horrible contradictory post of yours. Seriously, no one here gives two fucks about your "community" lack of modelers and what not. You sir are, amanzingly, even more moronic than this guywarblu character. I'm almost lost for words here but, I'll try my best:

STFU AND GTFO!! YOU FUCKING DUMB ASS!!

I guess the lesson is: there is no limit to human stupidity...
Thanks given by:
Yeeeah, my teaching instincts are flaring up.

Google.com

Search copyright law. Step #2. Search cases that have already been ruled on and their consequences. So the "fair use" argument doesnt get abused badly. Its good that victor can shape rhetoric to his will, but the rhetoric of these laws and licenses are very specifically outlined and not subject to interpretation by a non-governmental group (i.e the 'creators' of acr)
Thanks given by:
(23 Aug 13, 09:49PM)ElCrema Wrote: The source code and the actual contet of the game are quite different things

Does this mean the AC community is completely fine with the new licensing of the source code? That's a start.

I don't believe in "fair use" either, that's why we are replacing the content.

(23 Aug 13, 09:49PM)ElCrema Wrote: Seriously, no one here gives two fucks about your "community" lack of modelers and what not.

Thank you for at least giving one f*ck about our community. :)
Thanks given by:
(23 Aug 13, 05:18AM)guywarblu Wrote: fuckfuckityfuckfuckfuck. good day to you sir.

You sure told me.
Thanks given by:
dm.mossberg590a1, after reading your post I'm afraid replacing your lousy game content's should be the least of your priorities kid. For real, you should work on other things, like... Idk, learn how to use brain, maybe? That would be a good start!

I should close this, but it wold be unfair of me, I'll let a few more guys have a blast here debating such good arguments like yours!
Thanks given by:
Lousy diplomats.
Thanks given by:
(23 Aug 13, 09:16PM)dm.mossberg590a1 Wrote: Hello, I'm also an ACR member, and I have a few things to say:

im a huge faggot

How's 6th grade?
Thanks given by:
(23 Aug 13, 10:59PM)pweaks Wrote:
(23 Aug 13, 09:16PM)dm.mossberg590a1 Wrote: Hello, I'm also an ACR member, and I have a few things to say:

im a huge faggot

How's 6th grade?

Real good, thank you :). What school do you go to? :)
Thanks given by:
hmmm... i wonder why i was so pissed... oh, probably because i "ripped" (made) a model and now people think it was stolen. i just didnt make textures. imagine working on a model for hours, only to have someone say "RIPPPPPEDDD!!!!" im changing the textures now, and as for the hands? well, ive only heard that padge1 licensed them (i didnt know he ripped them) now that i'm calmed down, lets all try to keep a level head about this situation.

also, are we allowed to use makkEs hand model?
Thanks given by:
(24 Aug 13, 12:22AM)guywarblu Wrote: also, are we allowed to use makkEs hand model?
Read the faking license as you should have done in the first place.
Thanks given by:
cant. im on ipod.
Thanks given by:
(24 Aug 13, 01:16AM)guywarblu Wrote: cant. im on ipod.

pretty sure makkE's stuff is untouchable unless he gives you permission
Thanks given by:
how can i contact him? also, will we need to replace the maps we took from AC?
Thanks given by:
(24 Aug 13, 01:33AM)guywarblu Wrote: also, will we need to replace the maps we took from AC?

You will need to ask every individual author.
Thanks given by:
(24 Aug 13, 02:32AM)DrauL Wrote:
(24 Aug 13, 01:33AM)guywarblu Wrote: also, will we need to replace the maps we took from AC?

You will need to ask every individual author.

If the maps are copyrighted, then how come AssaultCube can distribute them? Did you get explicit permission for every map in AssaultCube? Can you show that? If not, then AC is also using "fair use". If you did, then please give us the contact information for all the map authors so we can ask permission.
Thanks given by:
(24 Aug 13, 03:03AM)dm.mossberg590a1 Wrote: If the maps are copyrighted, then how come AssaultCube can distribute them? Did you get explicit permission for every map in AssaultCube? Can you show that? If not, then AC is also using "fair use". If you did, then please give us the contact information for all the map authors so we can ask permission.

I'm not quite sure why you are being so difficult/thick. Its not hard to comprehend the basics of licensing.

Here it is:
1) Follow the licenses
2) If there isn't any information regarding it, then assume that you cannot redistribute it.

Here is a couple extra things that you can do if you got a hold of the basics:
3) If there is an author contact, feel free to use it.
4) Respect the author's decisions.

Regarding AC:
1) We always ask the map authors for permission to use the map.
2) We require licensing that allows us to modify the map to stay modern with the game.
3) If this cannot happen, the map will not appear in the game's official package.
Thanks given by:
(24 Aug 13, 03:29AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote:
(24 Aug 13, 03:03AM)dm.mossberg590a1 Wrote: If the maps are copyrighted, then how come AssaultCube can distribute them? Did you get explicit permission for every map in AssaultCube? Can you show that? If not, then AC is also using "fair use". If you did, then please give us the contact information for all the map authors so we can ask permission.

I'm not quite sure why you are being so difficult/thick. Its not hard to comprehend the basics of licensing.

Here it is:
1) Follow the licenses
2) If there isn't any information regarding it, then assume that you cannot redistribute it.

Here is a couple extra things that you can do if you got a hold of the basics:
3) If there is an author contact, feel free to use it.
4) Respect the author's decisions.

Regarding AC:
1) We always ask the map authors for permission to use the map.
2) We require licensing that allows us to modify the map to stay modern with the game.
3) If this cannot happen, the map will not appear in the game's official package.

Thank you. I looked through the maps that were thought to have problems with license and I found that only *five* maps do not show their licenses:

ac_urban* - By Archangel, with help from RandumIdiot.(No license specified/unknown)
ac_snow* - daMfr0 (No license specified/unknown)
ac_keller* - Mr.Floppy (unknown but copyrighted)
ac_elevation* - A&D_Shadow (unknown)
ac_power* - wotwot (unknown)

Since you always ask the map authors for permission, could you please PM me or guywarblu the contact info for the map authors that created these?

EDIT: Also added ac_power because google search does not find anything for it
Thanks given by:
A&D_Shadow I believe has explicitly stated in certain places that nobody has permission to touch his maps (I remember seeing a post on the old A&D forums not too long ago).
Thanks given by:
(24 Aug 13, 04:50AM)dm.mossberg590a1 Wrote: Thank you. I looked through the maps that were thought to have problems with license and I found that only four maps do not show their licenses:

ac_urban* - By Archangel, with help from RandumIdiot.(No license specified/unknown)

These forums.
* Ronald_Reagan looks at RK

(24 Aug 13, 04:50AM)dm.mossberg590a1 Wrote: ac_snow* - daMfr0 (No license specified/unknown)
He proceeds me, so I don't know.

(24 Aug 13, 04:50AM)dm.mossberg590a1 Wrote: ac_keller* - Mr.Floppy (unknown but copyrighted)

These forums, don't get your hopes up. Not sure if he is/would be a big fan of your project. He visits once and awhile.

(24 Aug 13, 04:50AM)dm.mossberg590a1 Wrote: ac_elevation* - A&D_Shadow (unknown)

Not sure if he is around much. I think I've seen him ingame before.

(24 Aug 13, 04:50AM)dm.mossberg590a1 Wrote: Since you always ask the map authors for permission, could you please PM me or guywarblu the contact info for the map authors that created these?

By we I meant the dev team. The person currently in charge of adding maps (and has been for awhile) is RandumKiwi.

(24 Aug 13, 04:51AM)Oracle Wrote: A&D_Shadow I believe has explicitly stated in certain places that nobody has permission to touch his maps (I remember seeing a post on the old A&D forums not too long ago).

Well, I don't know about the of the situation with him and AC then.
Thanks given by: