Make amends?
Quote:
(24 Aug 13, 04:51AM)Oracle Wrote: A&D_Shadow I believe has explicitly stated in certain places that nobody has permission to touch his maps (I remember seeing a post on the old A&D forums not too long ago).

Well, I don't know about the of the situation with him and AC then.
Does this mean the high and mighty AC may have used somebodies map without their permission??? Well, I'll be damned.... Waiting for RandumKiwi for explanation.....
Thanks given by:
He approved them for publishing, but they can't edit them.
Are you mentally ill? Oh right, ACR. Don't answer that question.
Thanks given by:
(24 Aug 13, 05:15AM)dm.mossberg590a1 Wrote:
Quote:
(24 Aug 13, 04:51AM)Oracle Wrote: A&D_Shadow I believe has explicitly stated in certain places that nobody has permission to touch his maps (I remember seeing a post on the old A&D forums not too long ago).

Does this mean the high and mighty AC may have used somebodies map without their permission??? Well, I'll be damned.... Waiting for RandumKiwi for explanation.....

Not sure how that logic process went.

No, it doesn't mean anything of the sort. It means exactly what it looks like, I don't know what the situation there is. Shadow and AC worked out something by the looks of it. If you infer anything, that should be what you infer.

Can you send someone of higher intellect please?
Thanks given by:
(24 Aug 13, 05:57AM)DrauL Wrote: He approved them for publishing, but they can't edit them.
Are you mentally ill? Oh right, ACR. Don't answer that question.

Not strictly true. What Oracle was referring to could've overlooked the permissions given to AC, or it might not of. Or Oracle could be (*gasp*) wrong entirely!
Thanks given by:
(24 Aug 13, 05:15AM)dm.mossberg590a1 Wrote: i think only my thoughts are reasonable. everyone else's rights and comments are inferior. therefore, i'm going to waddle my cheap plastic ass over to the AC forums. i'm going to tell everybody that i'm right and they shouldn't have a problem with copyright infringements. i mean shit, plagiarism almost helped me pass 8th grade...twice...everyone should be more like me.

cut your balls off with a rusty butter knife. then rub copious amounts of salt on your wound.

no one invited you here so either start from the bottom and show some respect or don't bother coming here.

the senate motions to /thread
Thanks given by:
he's obviously a pretty bad troll.
Thanks given by:
(24 Aug 13, 05:15AM)dm.mossberg590a1 Wrote:
Quote:

Fucking oath I'm high and mighty. Kiss my pinky ring, bitch.

We have permission to include his content in AC, not to change it... in any way.
Thanks given by:
(24 Aug 13, 07:06AM)Waffles Wrote: he's obviously a pretty bad troll.

The amount of rage and personal insults in this thread would indicate a successful one.
Thanks given by:
Is that how he licensed it or is it a specific permission? If that's how he licensed it ACR could use it as long as we don't change it.

It seems too difficult to contact the original map authors so the maps will probably be removed in the future. I'm not Victor, but me and some other devs believe that all unlicensed content should be just flat out removed, we can always make new content and add it in as we go. At least a surprising amount of maps previously thought to be "unlicensed" were actually under a permissive license.

MerCyKil, did you even read my posts I flat out said ACR has a problem with content copyright. I only said that ACR has no problem with licensing now because it uses the Cube license. Do you have a problem with us using the Cube license? Chill out and stop twisting around what I'm saying.
Thanks given by:
Can't account for possibLe true stupidity. Either way, troll or no, this person must be smoking some pretty strong herb.
Thanks given by:
For those whom TL;DR:

Random noobs expect a welcome mat after shitting in our backyard, but instead get treated how they treated our back yard.
Thanks given by:
Wanna get a beer RK?
Thanks given by:
(24 Aug 13, 07:37AM)dm.mossberg590a1 Wrote: Is that how he licensed it or is it a specific permission? If that's how he licensed it ACR could use it as long as we don't change it.

Do you see a license? Look at my basics of licensing. Point #2

(24 Aug 13, 07:37AM)dm.mossberg590a1 Wrote: It seems too difficult to contact the original map authors so the maps will probably be removed in the future. I'm not Victor, but me and some other devs believe that all unlicensed content should be just flat out removed, we can always make new content and add it in as we go.

Finally, headway. Want to hear my list of complaints to date?

1) Stop comparing yourself to AC all the time. Cut the bonds, make yourself independent. Pro tip, if you do this some people might change their opinion of you. Changing a name does wonders.
2) Change the name to something not relating to AssaultCube. Use CoDCube or something else. CubeWarfare.
3) Resolve all licensing conflicts. You are working on maps. Now work on media. Remove CoD's sounds (and other content), and all of the other content that isn't yours. If you don't remove it, contact the authors.
Thanks given by:
I don't know you but plagiarism can take you to jail...
Thanks given by:
(24 Aug 13, 08:17AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote:
(24 Aug 13, 07:37AM)dm.mossberg590a1 Wrote: Is that how he licensed it or is it a specific permission? If that's how he licensed it ACR could use it as long as we don't change it.

Do you see a license? Look at my basics of licensing. Point #2

(24 Aug 13, 07:37AM)dm.mossberg590a1 Wrote: It seems too difficult to contact the original map authors so the maps will probably be removed in the future. I'm not Victor, but me and some other devs believe that all unlicensed content should be just flat out removed, we can always make new content and add it in as we go.

Finally, headway. Want to hear my list of complaints to date?

1) Stop comparing yourself to AC all the time. Cut the bonds, make yourself independent. Pro tip, if you do this some people might change their opinion of you. Changing a name does wonders.
2) Change the name to something not relating to AssaultCube. Use CoDCube or something else. CubeWarfare.
3) Resolve all licensing conflicts. You are working on maps. Now work on media. Remove CoD's sounds (and other content), and all of the other content that isn't yours. If you don't remove it, contact the authors.

Maybe we will change the name. Personally I think ACR is so different it's no longer a mod anymore, but a full grown game (of course mostly without original content, but the gameplay is different enough). I don't know if the rest of ACR agrees with me on that though. And we are working hard on making sure all our content is properly licensed and the creators are properly notified. If I was the main leader of ACR I would have never allowed all this content copyright problems in the first place. I don't believe in "fair use" and other ACR members agree with me I think. Unfortunately I am not the one who decides what happens with the game, Victor does. So I just wanted to say that not all ACR members are like Victor :).

EndGame, we are helping AC already. All the maps and models created for ACR (there are quite a few that actually are 100% properly licensed surprisingly) will work in AC (I think... I'm not a modeler I'm a sort of developer for ACR). Also, since we are both using the Cube license, AC can use code from ACR also.

That's all I have to say for now :). I might post again if there is something that really needs clarification but pretty much if there is ambiguity it is best to remove it anyway I guess.
Thanks given by:
Moss, you seem smart enough. Like you say not all ACR members are all for copyright infringement, not all AC members hate ACR. They hate Victor because he decided copyright infringement was okay.

If you get me.
Thanks given by:
(24 Aug 13, 08:17AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: 3) Resolve all licensing conflicts. You are working on maps. Now work on media. Remove CoD's sounds (and other content), and all of the other content that isn't yours. If you don't remove it, contact the authors.

Also, it's not enough to commit new replacement files to a VCS. Infringing media would have to deleted from the history as well.
Thanks given by:
Personally don't give a shit if any of my maps are redistributed with ACR, as long as you don't start profiting from the game commercially or change the map for your own devices. Never downloaded ACR so I wouldn't know if my maps are even in there in the first place, or if any gameplay changes you made would warrant tweaking maps, but I wouldn't be okay with that. My maps are free to distribute in the state I released them.
Thanks given by:
Not wanting to add water onto the fuel but all of the above applies to mapmodels and textures too...
You may eventually use this or that map but not it's media content, since you are not allowed to modify the map, even if you create a whole brand new mapmodels and textures package you cannot apply them to these maps.

Verdict: Create original media content AND original maps.
Thanks given by:
^ cleaner has a point though, if the maps used mapmodels which you don't have permission to use, then there's another problem.
Thanks given by:
(24 Aug 13, 07:37AM)dm.mossberg590a1 Wrote: Maybe we will change the name.
Action Cube Reloaded?

For avoid problem, create your own contents (maps, textures and models...)
After it, you can use the cube engine properly.
Thanks given by:
im working on textures (made by me, and not someone else, so dont worry) and mapmodels. i have a few weapon models being put in game, and ive learned that padge1 didnt steal the actual hand model from CSS, he just took the texture, which i could hopefully replace
Thanks given by:
(24 Aug 13, 01:43PM)guywarblu Wrote: padge1 didnt steal the actual hand model from CSS, he just took the texture

ORLY??
Thanks given by:
(24 Aug 13, 02:02PM)|HP| Wrote:
(24 Aug 13, 01:43PM)guywarblu Wrote: padge1 didnt steal the actual hand model from CSS, he just took the texture

ORLY??

[Image: Yarly.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(24 Aug 13, 02:47PM)guywarblu Wrote:
(24 Aug 13, 02:02PM)|HP| Wrote:

ORLY??

OOPS

[Image: gif_zps09653686.gif]
Thanks given by:
work has been started on making new ACR content
Thanks given by:
(24 Aug 13, 07:36AM)Felix-The-Ghost Wrote:
(24 Aug 13, 07:06AM)Waffles Wrote: he's obviously a pretty bad troll.

The amount of rage and personal insults in this thread would indicate a successful one.

lol yea i dont know what waffles is talking about...i thought i did a pretty good job :D
Thanks given by:
if victorz wasnt a stupid moron on crack, I would play ACR. There's also no mac version (lots of people are on macs.) If victorz wasnt a stupid cheater on AC (yes, he goes onto AC servers and cheats), it would be better.
Thanks given by:
If in doubt don't use the map.
Thanks given by:
we're going to make entirely new maps as well.
Thanks given by: