Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
[1st Round - Completed] United Kingdom vs Russia
Sup guys. When are you free to play? We're currently deciding on dates whereby we'll be free, just tell us some times you can play and we'll see if they're viable. Thanks!
Thanks given by:
Thanks Vanquish. I think it would be the hardest for Sveark to adjust to whatever time we'll agree on since his time is GMT+11. But we'll see about that. I guess the deadline for first rounds is Sunday the 11th isn't it?
Thanks given by:
(05 Aug 13, 10:12PM)VectorM12 Wrote: GMT+11

o.O

And yeah the deadline is Sunday 11th. Hopefully we can get something sorted :D
Thanks given by:
(05 Aug 13, 11:28PM)Vanquish Wrote:

o.O

im guessing he lives in vladivostok
Thanks given by:
(06 Aug 13, 04:43AM)Undead Wrote:
(05 Aug 13, 11:28PM)Vanquish Wrote:

o.O

im guessing he lives in vladivostok
Khabarovsk, actually.
Thanks given by:
I'll be available after the 7-th, that is, the 8-th and so on. Time I'm usually free at is 1:00-5:00 and 7:30-17:00, UTC+0 (GMT+0). The same applies to Morrigan, but he feels the sooner the better. I'm not sure about others, let them respond here. gy_be is unavailable for unknown reason, so there 2 more players left: BunnySoul and VectorM12. First plays, second replaces if needed.
Thanks given by:
I'm pretty sure the 8th is the last day we'll all be able to play, I'll keep you updated though, maybe our schedules will free up. I'm also still awaiting responses from a few UK members as to when they're available. Thanks for your post.
Thanks given by:
Since Canada and Serbia will also be playing tomorrow, we just need to make sure we won't clash with them. They'll be playing at 9pm. We could either play before or after. As far as I know no other teams are playing tomorrow. In the meantime you guys can test your pings on Sveark's servers ra-clan.tk 5999 and ra-clan.tk 9999 just in case (although Lucas hasn't confirmed the servers for acwc yet). Thanks :)
Thanks given by:
(07 Aug 13, 11:59AM)VectorM12 Wrote: In the meantime you guys can test your pings on Sveark's servers ra-clan.tk 5999 and ra-clan.tk 9999 just in case (although Lucas hasn't confirmed the servers for acwc yet).

If a server isn't ACWC verified, we won't be allowed to play on it. From my old house (where I had better internet), I got 47-50 ping to sveark's servers (was spiking a bit), which is fine, but now that I moved and must do without fibre optic, I'll probably get like 70 or something. The closest server for you guys will probably be bob's match server (germany I believe), although I think bunny (and a lot of my team) would prefer to play on xenoob. Your call though (or referee's if we can't decide).

As for the timing, I think after 9pm gmt would be preferable, if it's going to be today. I'll try and arrange a time with my teammates. I'll be idling on IRC/TS3 all day if you want me, buzz/PM me if I'm not here and I'll reply when I'm back. Thanks for your response.
Thanks given by:
You're all europeans, no?
Wouldn't it be better to stick to a euro server?

Edit: Why not gaia?
RandumKiwi Wrote:⚑ Russia:
gaia.woop.us 2013 (53.1)
bob-ac.net 2013 match (53.2)
xenoob.tk 2013 (125.3)
kiwi.ac 2013 (325.8)
⚑ United Kingdom:
gaia.woop.us 2013 (9.6 to 15.1)
bob-ac.net 2013 match (22.6 to 32.2)
xenoob.tk 2013 (75.3 to 87.7)
kiwi.ac 2013 (264.8 to 272.7)
Thanks given by:
Well most of those ping times are wrong. Even when I had fibre optic, I would get a minimum of somewhere around the "upper limits" of the pings described. Now my internet is worse, my pings exceed all of the examples stated above, and there are many Brits that still have worse internet than me now. I think they're to be taken mainly as guidelines, not 100% factual data.
Plus Morrigan's on 3G, and Sveark lives in the Far East of Russia, so geographically bob's match server (germany) would be the closest. I personally prefer xenoob to any european server I've tried anyway, but that's just my opinion. however bob's and gaia's are fine.

EDIT: Optic prefers the bob match server too.
Thanks given by:
We've agreed and confirmed 10:30pm GMT (11:30pm BST/12:30pm CET/6:30pm EDT) as the time we'll play this match.

Hope referees/streamers/casters/opponents can make it this time! :D

EDIT: fml, thanks Waffles. :D
Thanks given by:
the east coast is in eastern daylight time (EDT) which is gmt -4.

so that'd be 6:30 pm. just trying to help :D
Thanks given by:
xenoob are absolute shitlord servers currently, I wouldn't recommend anyone play there, ausdis US are much more stable and generally the same ping
Thanks given by:
[Image: US.PNG] acwc.pbclan.tk 2013
Thanks given by:
GGs, commiserations Russia, well played.

UK wins 12-2, only the second round was streamed though due to unfortunate timings.

1st round - ac_desert3, UK @ CLA, RUS @ RVSF

Score:
UK - 8 / RUS - 1
Screen
Demo

2nd round - ac_desert3, UK @ RVSF, RUS @ CLA
Score
UK - 4 / RUS - 1
Screen
Demo

I believe the second round can be watched via replay here:
http://www.twitch.tv/oxygen_xw/b/442825471

There appears to be shitty French spam but you can sort of see what's going on, even if most of it's unintelligible. GGs

This is the first time the UK ever advanced past round one! d:D
Thanks given by:
Good games. Nice teamwork UK!
Thanks given by:
screens don't work for me.
Thanks given by: